Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on June 2, 2014
This Anker 3.0 usb dock has real good build quality and all 4 usb ports work at the same time but it cause a LOT of interfere with any 2.4ghz wireless devices.. Bought it for my notebook bit I can never keep it always plugged in because I can't use my wireless mouse or keyboard with it. If you use any 2.4ghz wireless tech with your computer don't get this. Otherwise its a good buy.
on June 22, 2014
ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I use this little hub at work with my Macbook Air. It's great when it works, but unfortunately, the micro USB 3.0 cable wiggles loose from the hub very easily, and it only has to come out the *slightest* bit to lose connection. It's not like I'm packing it up and using that port a lot. It's always on my desk at work. But guaranteed that if my external keyboard isn't working, it's because the stupid cable came out 1mm from its port. It's not bad enough to replace it, but I wouldn't recommend the product. I own several other Anker products that are better than this.

UPDATE:

Anker was great and responded to my previous review. They shipped me a new hub at no cost. I've learned that the connection between the cable and the micro USB 3.0 port is VERY tight at first. It's very likely that, on my old hub, the port came loose from the circuit board inside from a bad attempt at pushing the cable in. I recommend buying the hub, but just be careful for the first couple times when connecting the cable.
on February 19, 2014
Had only one USB 3 port left on back of iMac after connecting a printer, back-up HD, and DVD burner. Needed to turn around computer to access remaining port for thumb drives, backing up phones, etc.- very inconvenient. The Anker 4 port hub arrived promptly (earlier than expected),neatly packaged, and with necessary hook-up cable. It has brushed metal finish that compliments the iMac's finish. No deterioration in speed/throughput while utilizing all ports simultaneously. Also bonus velco strip that keeps hub anchored when inserting or removing devices. Excellent value.
on August 5, 2014
They are not kidding when saying that it may cause interference with wireless devices when used with a USB 3.0 port. When plugged into my MacBook Pro my wireless is unable to connect to any access point. I disconnect the hub and all returns to normal.

Edit: Within 24 hours of posting this review, Anker contacted me and refunded me the purchase price of the hub. I increased my rating from 2 stars to 4 for the amazing customer service.
on April 12, 2014
I have this mounted using velcro to the base of my iMac. The USB cable comes out at a 45 degree angle (versus straight back), which is somewhat wierd from an aesthetics standpoint. I've used it with a USB 3.0 card reader and the data transfer was faster than 2.0. Overall this was a good choice.
on March 6, 2014
This hub is ok, it looks decent and seems to be working fine. There are a few annoying things I've noticed about it though.

- The finish is not great, there are little nicks and imperfections around the edges. Don't expect Apple like finish.
- The USB connector on the back of the hub is at a weird angle. The host cable points up when it is connected and hangs high above the surface which kind of ruins the look of the hub. This placement makes no sense to me.
- When you connect a device to the port, the port jiggles and with it, 3 others ports and anything plugged into them juggle as well. Seems like they are not well secured inside the hub.

The hub works fine overall though, and I have yet to have any issues with it so far.

UPDATE: Anker reached out to me and offered to replace the hub, which they promptly did. No issues and very happy with customer service.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2014
I use a bluetooth wireless keyboard with my iMac, so I was getting tired of reaching to the back of my machine every time I needed a USB port. I bought this because it matches the styling of my iMac, and I wanted to have USB 3.0 for when I use it with a USB 3.0 machine (my mid 2010 iMac only has USB 2.0, but my laptop has 3.0). Using the velcro that comes with the hub, I attached the hub to the base of my iMac so I now have 4 USB ports easily accessible from the front of my machine. Beautiful.

However, because it's mounted on velcro, it wiggles a little when I plug stuff into and out of it. This small motion kept causing a bad connection and momentary loss of power to the hub whenever I plugged stuff in and out. I found out that it's the cable causing the issue, because I've now been using another cable with no issues.

So, really great hub, but get another cable for it.
on August 9, 2015
Worked well for a while, but appears to be a little shaky a year later. iPhone not connecting sometimes, hard drive dropping connections. Out of warranty, approached ANKER for support and they were GREAT. Have ordered a replacement—the powered 7-port hub.
on February 16, 2014
The USB cable provided with the unit I received was not 2ft but the company acted quickly and remedied the problem. Excellent customer service!

FYI, this hub is tiny, I mean like fit in the palm of your hand tiny! It is perfect for laptop use or simply having an out of the way hub on your desktop. For desktop use I strongly recommend picking up one of these cables, give yourself greater flexibility for hub and connected device placement: http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-SuperSpeed-Type-Micro-B/dp/B00844H33G/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1393413744&sr=8-8&keywords=seagate+usb+3+cable
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2014
TL;DR: This hub is fine for low-power usb devices, but won't work for devices which require more power. If you need the latter, try out Anker's 7-hub version.

PROS: Beautiful, sufficient for low power USB devices.
CONS: Not compatible with USB 3.0 to gigabit ethernet

I bought this USB hub to use with my retina Macbook Pro. It was supposed to connect my keyboard, mouse, and ethernet (via a USB 3.0 to gigabit ether adapter). Note, the thunderbolt ports were being used for dual monitor setup. Unfortunately the internet connection would drop intermittantly or simply not connect at all. I ruled out the USB to ethernet adapter as the problem by using a different usb 3.0 hub (cable matters) and now it works fine.

UPDATE: Anker contacted me about the device. I must say, their customer service is excellent. While the hub is still unable to support the ethernet adapter I mentioned above, it works fine for keyboards, mice, small usb drives, etc. Moving forward I purchased the Anker 7-port USB hub which comes with an external power source. This solved the problem. I'm upgrading the rating for this device from 3 to 4 stars. It would be nice if it was a little more clear what type of devices this particular product was designed to support.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse