Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Anker® Multi-Purpose Universal USB Travel Wall Charger Cell Phone Battery Charger for iPhones, iPods; Samsung: Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2 I9100, S I9000; HTC: Sensation, Sensation XE, EVO 3D, EVO 4G, ThunderBolt; Motorola: Verizon Droid X2; Blackberry Bold 9900, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S, and Many More Smart Phones [Can NOT fully charge batteries for the Samsung S3 & S4] - White
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 11, 2011
Here are the missing instructions: Try terminals on your battery until you get a red light. Then plug it in and wait until the light turns blue. It automatically figures out which is positive and negative for you.

I bought this charger because I got a few batteries for my Nexus S for cheap and didn't want to have to swap them out of the phone to charge them. I've actually been pretty impressed with this device. It says on the back of it that it can tell which terminals are positive and negative automatically. I was pretty skeptical of this claim until I checked it with my multimeter, and sure enough, the thing automatically figures it out when I put the battery in backwards. After I figured out that the light hints to you how to use it, I thought that the entire thing was really clever.

It also charges my batteries fairly fast, so it's probably equally clever about how to charge lithium-ion batteries. All in all, pretty happy with it.
review image
88 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2013
I purchased this item for a Samsung Galaxy 2 that I was having an issue charging via the the usb port on the phone. I was faced with the option of upgrading my phone, or buying a new one for $100+. Buying a Samsung battery charger $50 (yeah ok), or going on Amazon, doing a search for options and finding this gem. This is all you need, and at $10, it is a win...hell, I even went with 1 day shipping for a grand total of $14. My only complaint is that the instructions are not the best which is easily solved by going on Youtube thanks to an awesome dude named Mitch. Here is the link: [...]
on December 24, 2013
After 5 months of daily use, this charger is, in my humble opinion, the best solution to smartphone batteries that don't last through the day.
It charges my phone along with an extra battery every night. I wake up ready to take on the day with the peace of mind that I'll have my phone charged up and ready to go all day. If the battery dies, I just switch it out with the charged one and I'm ready to go. No more running around with a USB cable looking for a socket to charge my phone.

Only minor gripe is that, for some reason, it only charges the external battery to 92%. Never a full charge. I'm still giving it 5 stars though, because:
1. It's still enough to last through the day
2. Anker customer support is amazing (read below)
3. The phone is always charged to 100%

Anker customer support is also fantastic; when I complained that the charger only charges the extra battery to 92%, they immediately sent me another charger. No questions asked. Arrived 2 days later.
I offered to pay for return shipping and they refused, asking me to keep both chargers.

Anker is, in my opinion, an excellent company. Quality products that they stand behind & support.
Could not ask for more from a company.

Highly recomended!
on January 7, 2014
This does charge the battery. BUT I forgot about a battery that was in the charger overnight and it destroyed it. Bulged it out so it would not fit in the phone any more. GOOD chargers DON'T do that.

FYI, a Li-ION battery that goes postal is a potential fire hazard.
on September 28, 2011
I purchased this item because the USB charging port on my cell phone was damaged. So rather than pay $$$ to get my phone fixed, I bought this. Is works like a charm!! It's not hard to line up the annodes, and I really like that the indicator light turns from red-purple-blue letting you know when its fully charged. The down side was that there were absolutely no instructions. Granted, it is pretty self-explanatory, but still instructions at least detailing the indicator light would have been nice.
on October 29, 2011
I use this for my Samsung/Google Nexus 4g Android phone. I can charge my phone and spare battery at the same time from a wall charger. This charger also has a micro usb port. So you can use you micro usb cable to plug into you PC or car USB port.

No instructions though, and i didn't want to plug my battery in the wrong way. I didn't see any positive negative indicators on the charger terminals. So i used a volt meter to see which one is which before i plugged in the battery. If your staring at the face of the charger with the big ANKER logo, the gold terminal on the left is positive + and the gold terminal on the right is negative - ). Look on your battery for polarity markings and plug in your battery appropriately. My battery has 3 terminals, and the middle one should be ignored for charging purposes. I'm not to sure what happens if you plug in the battery backwards????? Probably just wont charge, maybe the led on the charger lets you know somethings wrong. I don't feel testing it.
77 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2013
As owner of a cellphone repair shop we have many clients whos' charge ports quit working. this is an excellent option when repair is to costly or not possible. We have ordered dozens of these for our customers over the last year and have never received a single complaint, only one out of the dozens had an issue. Additionally we use two of them in our shop and they are great. We will continue to order them as long as they are 9.99 and available on amazon prime.
on January 26, 2014
Using this to solve a problem with Wacom tablet USB connection issue. The Wacom Wireless Pack http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MRAVFE/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 doesn't include a charger, but this one works. The Wacom Intuos 5 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076HMDSC/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 USB port developed connection issues after 1 year. This charger and the wireless pack allow it to be used wireless and still get charged.
on February 23, 2013
Looks like it would charge any of the batteries listed. Works exactly as advertised for the two different batteries I use in my Galaxy S2. I use the standard Samsung battery and also an aftermarket hi-cap battery. The charger stays in my pack/bag so I can charge anytime. After purchase, I received an e-mail from the vendor reminding me that they will warrant the charger for 18 months, making this a very good value.
on April 28, 2012
This is not a charger that you just snap your battery into and go. There are 2 small pins on a sliding rail that you have to line up with the contact points on the battery each time you use it. They do not stay in place, you have to re-adjust each time. There's a strong spring mounted bar that pushes against the bottom of the battery and holds it there once you position it. The charger auto-senses the polarity of the pins so you can't put it in wrong. The issue is that most batteries have at least one or two more contact points than just positive and negative, so you have to align those little pins carefully.
Very nice feature that you can plug it into the wall or into USB, and it has a USB output a well to charge another device simultaneously (eg. Bluetooth earpiece). Indicator light shows red for discharged/ charging, purple for almost charged and blue for fully charged, whether plugged into a power source or not. It also tells you if the contact pins are properly aligned and in contact, or not.
I pop it into my briefcase with the spare battery mounted in it, the battery stays put.

Recommended if you don't mind fiddling with those pins each time you use it, not recommended if you have poor eyesight or are uncoordinated.