Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

Ann Coulter and Godliness ... hmm

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 84 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 16, 2006 9:27:30 AM PDT
Does anyone out there in this discussion community have any evidence to show that Ann Coulter is a particularly godly person?

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has actually, *personally*, witnessed her performing deeds that one would ordinarily associate with piety or devotion to God. Myself, I really don't see it.

Signed, A Skeptic

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2006 9:58:04 AM PDT
J. E. Bishop says:
In the Republican Party, one distinguishes oneself as "godly" by attacking those who are allegedly "ungodly." This is especially effective if this "ungodly" individual supports gay rights, helping the poor, environmental protection, and/or a decent living wage for all.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2006 12:21:29 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2006 9:48:41 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 7:08:58 AM PDT
To sg2626, I agree with you; the acts of far-left Liberalism are some of the most appalling examples of disloyalty (and arguably sedition) on record. However, to everyone in this discussion, I do not think that Ms. Coulter's new book is about who is more pious vs. who is less pious--Conservatives or Liberals, but more about one group acknowledging the God-centered nature of the American majority vs. the almost Nietzschen atheistic, moral relativism of the minority.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 7:09:39 AM PDT
Jojo says:
Amazing how people generalize others based on who they vote for.

Not all democrats kill babies, spit on soldiers, burn american flags or embrace Fidel Castro. Just like not all republicans are as close minded as Ann Coulter, or as easily controlled as George W. Bush.

It's people like you and Ann who allow ignorance and hate to thrive in this country I love (and yes, I'm a democrat).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 7:10:51 AM PDT
NewAmsterdam says:
right on...sq2626

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 7:13:37 AM PDT
NewAmsterdam says:
Ann is a republican Al Franken...she can be quite funny, as Al can be. They go over the edge because that is what they do to make a point. She is not evil and he is not evil. I see more hate from the Democrats attacking Ann and Bush than I do from the republicans...so admit that both sides have nut jobs.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 3:01:16 AM PDT
D. Painter says:
JoJo that argument is asinine. Using that argument people who donate money to terrorist groups could say that they are not terrorist but their money does support and help those insane individuals. Just because you dont act the exact way and do those crazy actions you are supporting and helping to do those actions by your vote.

Regarding J.E. Bishop's response I really dont think that you can argue that "ungodly" people are "godly" people when you put in gay rights. The Bible is black and white clear on gods views on gay activites. After all he destroyed Sodom and Gahmora over it so I think that speaks very clearly on that issue. Just a thought. Liberals (Demorcratic Party) have a long history of trying to wipe out all things that portain to christianity in public life even though are nation was founded on the belief of God and his importance in people's and goverments life. The brillance of our founding fathers is that they did not make it a law that you had to follow a certain religon to be a citizen or a member of the United States goverment. They left it up to people's choice similar to what God does you have a choice to follow and believe or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 4:56:22 AM PDT
Jojo says:
D., I don't really care what you think is "asinine" I know for a fact that not all democrats act the way that SOME republicans want to portray them. Just like not all republicans act the way SOME democrats want to portray them.
Generalizing and assuming is the reason why this country is at war with itself.

Our founding fathers let it up to us to decide our personal beliefs, which means ALL beliefs must be treated equally, not just the one our founding fathers subscribed to. Keeping church and state seperate seems to be fine when it comes to taxes and such, but when it's kept seperate for lawmaking it's considered "ungodly".

Which is it?....Church and state seperate....or not? You can't have it both ways.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 6:09:27 AM PDT
Joseph121403 says:
Jojo, D was NOT saying that all Democrats act like the extreme Liberals that represent that party. He was saying that by voting for them you are condoning their actions which is just as bad. Encouraging others actions is similar to doing it yourself. And as far as the seperation of church and state, I've read the Constitution...ITS NOT IN THERE!! Seperation of church and state is from communism NOT the constitution.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 6:10:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2006 11:20:20 AM PDT
Joseph121403 says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 6:12:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2006 11:20:39 AM PDT
Joseph121403 says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 8:39:27 AM PDT
Jojo says:
I know that Joseph. However, simply because my party may be democrat doesn't mean I agree with every single action taken by the more extreme political fanatics. Same way as not every republican supports George W. Bush.
I never once encouraged anyone to spit on a soldier, burn a flag, or any other extreme political action. Does my sister believeing in a fetus's right to life make her a supporter of people who bomb anti-abortion clinics......No.

I also know that seperation of church and state is not in the constitution....I never said it was. No matter where it is, where it came from or who thought it up it's something the republicans seem to forget. If they want to bring religion into politics, then we need to get rid of religious exceptions to the laws, otherwise keep them seperate in all aspects of the government.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 10:53:18 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 12, 2006 12:23:54 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 11:46:59 AM PDT
Jojo says:
So go ahead and scream.

"Yes and in the Democratic party one distinguishes oneself by, killing babies, spitting on soldiers, burning American flags and embracing such fine individuals as Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro."
Looks like generalization and assumptions to me.

If you don't want your assumptions pointed out, don't make them.

And btw,
The first time I read any of Ann Coulter's material I didn't know who she was. However, within the first paragraph of her writing I knew I had found one of the biggest closed minded hypocrites to ever write a book.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 1:39:45 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2006 9:49:01 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 2:28:37 PM PDT
Jim Stewart says:
Jojo, maybe you should reread the post you replied to. Nowhere in that post did sg2626 say anything to imply that all democrats do those things.

In fact, you seem to be helping to prove his point that democrats should "bother for a second to learn something about the party you so vehemently oppose." After all, you aren't responding to what he wrote, you are only creating a straw-man and knocking it down, then spitting out a few insults against Ann Coulter and George W. Bush.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 2:46:30 PM PDT
BG says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 4:47:37 PM PDT
Liebchen says:
If Liberalism is a "Godless Church" then how does one explain the many, many liberal churchgoers of so many different religions and creeds, including pastors, priests, and ministers?

Anyone can SAY that they're Godly, after all. Actions speak louder than words, and by that I don't mean the act of "going to church on Sundays" or some such. Godliness is supposed to signify how we related to the rest of the world.

The last I heard, "Godliness" did not mean "Selfishness"... or any of a hundren other descriptors that come to mind when I read some of the things that supposedly "Godly" people post.

Don't forget, Jesus had no problems with gainsaying those in charge. Being in charge does not make one necessarily right.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 4:49:12 PM PDT
From the First Amendment of the US Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

This phrase is commonly referred to as "separation of church and state," in the sense that it makes it illegal for Congress to make any one religion the main religion of the country.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2006 9:04:30 PM PDT
Joseph121403 says:
It is incorrectly refered to as the seperation of church and state. Government should never impose religion on its people and the constitution agrees to that. Also, all people, even those in government, should have thr right to choose their religion, express their religion, and display their religion. The constitution also agrees with that. The United States were founded on Christianity so phrases like "under God" have every reason to be in the pledge but the beauty of the first amendment is that it allows you to decide whether or not you want to say this or agree with it. NEVER should this ammendment be abused and misinterpreted as the seperation of church and state. People use this backwards logic to say that US history is unconstitutional.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2006 4:11:55 AM PDT
Jojo says:
I KNOW Ann Coulter is close minded after reading one paragraph or her ridiculous writings. I didn't shut my mind off to her writings, however, the fact that she can only see one side of any aspect is painfully obvious within the first paragraph.

Who's the one here making all kinds of insulting insinuations and just being downright nasty?....You.
Typical of anyone who cannot find any other way to defend their beliefs.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2006 4:15:01 AM PDT
Jojo says:
And he's proving that some (I said SOME....not ALL) people who support Ann Coulter are just as close-minded and nasty as she is.

And btw,
I used to be republican, I know more about them than you assume I do.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2006 5:24:01 AM PDT
Yeah, but the Democratic nut jobs are nuttier because they have more hate, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2006 5:53:31 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2006 9:49:12 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  45
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  Apr 16, 2006
Latest post:  Feb 7, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Godless: The Church of Liberalism
Godless: The Church of Liberalism by Ann Coulter (Hardcover - May 2, 2006)
3.6 out of 5 stars (988)