Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

Format: DVDChange

on July 1, 2005
Annie - A Royal Adventure is a sort of a sequel to the theatrical movie that starred Aileen Quinn and this sequel is good too and Ashley Johnson was just as good and to the reviewer woman who said that Ashley was 14 when she made this movie and was too old, well you are very wrong!

I did some online research and found out that Ashley was only 12 years old when this movie was first shown on TV so since it usually takes anywhere from a several months to a year to make the average TV movie she was probaly around 11 years old when they started filming.

This movie is fun and entertaining and highly watchable and highly recommended!
on June 11, 2002
It wasn't the best Annie movie but it wasn't awful and Ashley Johnson was a pretty good Annie and quite believable, she didn't look like she was too old for the part to me and I thought she looked like she was around 12. Anyway I think it was supposed to take place a year or two after the first movie so of course making the character a bit older. So really I think Ashley Johnson and the other child actors did a fine job and the guy who played Daddy Warbucks was okay but most of the other adult actors hammed it up way too much and kind of ruined what could have been a great movie!
on October 16, 2005
I remember watching this Annie movie on TV, I think it was on The Family Channel, and though it's not as good as the The Annie movie starring Aileen Quinn, Albert Finney and Carol Burnette or the Disney remake starring Alicia Morton, Victor Garber and Kathy Bates I pretty much liked it and thought it was enjoyable. In this movie Annie sneaks Molly out of the orphanage travels to London on a cruise ship with Daddy Warbucks while hiding Molly on the ship and while in London Annie and Molly get involved in intrigue and mystery and also try to find a family who will adopt Molly. Ashley Johnson who played Chrissy Seaver on the sitcom Growing Pains was I thought quite good as Annie and the adorable little girl who played Molly was also good and I ust like this movie! BTW: This movie also stars Joan Collins (Dynasty) as the head of a villainous family that Annie and Molly accidently get mixed up with!
on November 13, 2013
While this movie won't live up to the first Annie, it's not bad. It's sad that all the actors changed, but then again it makes sense because Aileen would have been too old. I preferred the actors in the first movie but this one will do. Good for kids, cheesy for adults. Would have loved to see more of Warbucks parenting and how he adapted to that
on November 23, 2012
My daughter and nieces LOVE Annie! we would watch as a family many times for sleepover entertainment. Then I saw a copy of this at a supermarket. My daughter got very excited. we have the Disney version (not as good, but ok) and have gone to productions of the musical play. so we were aware of different adaptations of the story.
It was horrible! it is not a musical (she does sing the song at the end but it only helps put out the misery) I dont know what the run-time is but it seemed to go on and on with out a main plot. when you figure out what the plot is, it is very silly. It really ruined Annie for us. We never watched again and I cringe when I see it in stores.
Its good not to know what happened after the main story, Just think that they lived happily ever after. Or even later Annie grows up and inherits the Warbucks fortune and becomes a tyrent only to be reminded of her good side by a little orpahn boy that touches her tender side with the same innocent charm that she once had. (lol) That I would watch.
on September 27, 2007
The sequel of Annie(1982) the motion picture based upon the long-running Broadway musical of the same title during late 70s became more like TV soap opera and has less element of musical the first of the Annie movie had. Yet the drama otherwise failed second attempt was saved by the new character Dr. Eon and Annie's little friend who was left behind Ms. Hanningan's house. Molly is cute and almost steals the show. And I am glad Camille Belle who played the part of Molly quite well has grown up well to play the lead part of WHEN A STRANGER CALL in 2006.

Verdict: Enjoyable but lack action like the predesessor.
Rating: 75 out of 100. Mixed bag but I like the character of Dr. Eon and Molly.
Recommended for: Camille Belle fans and Annie fans.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2007
This movie is supposed to be a sequel to Annie. I thought it was pitiful. The girl who plays Annie sounds like she was supposed to have a cold. The movie is rushed. There is only one song. The timing of that song is terrible. Warbucks gets knighted in the king of England's court. It seems as jsut a normal occasion, and there seems to be only about twenty people there! Once he gets knighted, Annie just randomly breask out into "Tomorrow, tomorrow!" That song is supposed to come in dramatic moments! Not random boring ones. This movie was terrible overall.
on January 22, 2014
My 3 year old is obsessed with Annie, so I thought I would get this so we could add some variety to our viewing. I think one of the reasons she likes the 1980s version is because of all of the songs and dancing. This movie lacks those elements and the characters do not have half of the same personality as the previous cast.
That said both of my children already love this movie. They walk around the house acting out various scenes. It has become a new favorite. Now the kids argue about which Annie to watch.

I did purchase my DVD used. The seller delivered product quickly and it was in great shape.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 1999
The "Annie" Character was too old for the script. She appeared to be 14 years old while the script was directed to a cute young girl. The entire plot was dumb. Even my daughter, who is a big Annie fan, believes that this video stinks. It was a waste of time and money.
0Comment10 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2014
awesome price it for ever for them to mail it out.
review image review image review image review image review image