Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Annie's Bunny Pasta with Yummy Cheese Macaroni & Cheese 6 oz. Box (Pack of 12)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Flavor: Bunny Pasta & Yummy Cheese|Size: 6 Ounce (Pack of 12)|Change

on February 2, 2007
The Annie's product compares favorable to Kraft Mac & Cheese.

I just can't let stand some mis-information comparing the two.

One correction needed is "I love mac and cheese and I know how to make it. -- The cheese powder doesn't dissolve entirely, and it tends to stick to the pasta in dry little clumps rather than blend into an actual sauce."

But if the preparation instructions are followed this is nearly impossible to happen. On the other hand, if one were to improperly prepare the Annie's product (for example using the Kraft preparation instructions), then this is exactly what you could get - clumps! The Annie product preparation instruction state to put 2-4 tablespoons of skim milk + the cheese sauce mix into the warm empty pot and wisk well until SMOOTH, and only then to add the cooked pasta into the pot. Whereas, Kraft tells you to pour the dry cheese powder on top of the cooked pasta.

As to the calories: "Now hear this: Annie's has more and fat and calories than KRAFT."

This is not true, again, if prepared according to the instructions. Kraft is 380 calories 23% from fat whereas Annie's is only 290 calories 8% from fat.

Note that Annie's obtains this by eliminating the need for butter. If someone were go and add the same amount of butter to the Annie's recommended preparation method, then the calories and fat count would be higher. But this would be silly, since the Annie's cheese mix is blended to replace the need for the butter.

Side note: Annie's does list an alternative higher fat preparation method using ½ the amount of butter as Kraft. In this case the calories would be roughly 350 with 18% coming from fat, still a little less than found with Kraft.
on July 7, 2006
This is a wonderful product. I am buying another case tonight to take advantage of the great price. My son was amazed at what an improvement this product is over the Kraft products. The sauce is similar in consistancy to Alfredo and the pasta is fabulous. The pasta holds up to cooking and mantains it's al dente consistancy. Amazing what plain and simple ingredients produce. Great product.
on December 30, 2015
So I've been working on this and I've found a great way to prepare the cheese. So cook pasta as you like while in the strainer put pot on low tomed heat melt 2 tablespoons butter with 1/4 cup 2% milk (its what I have ) and 1/4 cup cream (I make quiche a lot so I have cream on hand) add the powdered cheese and stir while bringing it up to a boil. The lumps will work out whith a whisk or a wooden spoon. Add a pinch of salt I prefer kosher. Bring it down to a simmer constantly stiring till the mixture starts to thicken. This goes fast so prepare before you start. Turn the heat off and Add in 1 cup shredded cheese I use 1/2 sharp cheddar and 1/2 cup young guyere (its what I have on hand) any good melty cheese should be fine. Stir in while mixture is hot but not bubbling. Stir till it is all melted and add back in pasta and stir. Try not to eat it all before you give it to your kids. Additionally I make this into lazy tuna noodle casserole. So add a cup of drained peas and a can of drained tuna before you put in the noodles. Make sure they are at room temp to make it extra lazy. Once the tuna and peas are in the cheese they take no time to heat up. Put in the pasta and enjoy. Crumble butter crackers on top before searving or right on the plate. Really any cracker your kids like will work. I like to add alittle fresh grated nutmeg too it make the cheese sauce taste a little more fondue style. Try it out make it your own and enjoy the cheeseyness everyone loves.
on April 10, 2016
This item came with 8/12 cheese packets open. The cheese had hardened and turned color. Not wanting to be wasteful and short on time, I didn't open all 12 of them at once to test it. I got a bad one then a good one... Today I had to open the last 6 boxes... All bad.
review image
on March 16, 2016
What's not to love about this macaroni & cheese? I like to keep it on hand for quick, no-fuss meals, and it's also good to keep a stash for emergencies. The best thing is, it's NOT orange! (There's just something wrong about that orange stuff, right?) My son is a macaroni and cheese addict, and I was very happy to find that Annie's is made with 100% real cheese, organic pasta, and has no artificial flavors, synthetic colors or preservatives. It's still may not be the best choice for a healthy meal, but it is definitely a better choice. It's easy to make, which is another plus, and we think the flavor is better than the orange kind. The price is good too, much lower than buying the individual boxes at the grocery store, and it's shipped right to my home. It's a win-win situation all around. Very happy with my purchase, and I highly recommend this product to others.
on June 12, 2008
I don't actually eat the macaroni and cheese in our house. The kids do. In an effort to improve the quality of life for all, I've been gradually switching us over to natural, organic, and whole grain products. Macaroni and cheese finally got my attention. We've tried other brands, but the kids really say this is the best and is far better than the Kraft. What else can I say? I don't feel as guilty, they still get what they want. Life is good.
on November 5, 2015
Annie's does have more organic ingredients than other brands of mac and cheese, which is why I purchased it. And it is much cheaper to purchase here in bulk than for almost $2 a piece in stores. BUT in terms of taste, I much prefer Kraft. The taste between the two are not even comparable, honestly.

Also, in terms of calories and calories ALONE, they are almost identical. I don't know where everyone is getting these numbers, but i a literally sitting with the two boxes and comparing them. Annie's has 280 calories as prepared per serving, with 40 from fat calories. While Kraft minions shaped mac and cheese has 280 calories AS PREPARED per serving with 45 from fat calories. I have no idea where other reviewers got 390 calories per serving but that is WRONG.

I also find that it is much less convenient, because as stated, if you do want smooth sauce you have to get out another pan and just do more work. I bought this as a college student with limited space, resources, and time. I personally don't want to spend anymore time cooking than I have to.

One more thing I wasn't pleased with, if you don't eat this brand immediately after making, when it is piping hot, it's absolutely disgusting. The cheese sauce dries up and congeals to the pasta and just forget about microwaving it! Hot dried up cheese and hard pasta is the absolute worst.

I won't be purchasing again once I finish with this order.
on March 25, 2016
Twice in the last year I have purchased different kinds of Annie's Mac and cheese for my grandson, not from Amazon. Both times I have found meal worms in the product. The first time I complained to Annie's and they sent me coupons for more. I bought this Shells and Real Aged Cheddar cheese with the coupon. Opened it today to fix for my grandson and floating in the water with the noodles were more meal worms. Needless to say I am disgusted that something that is meant to be so healthy and organic could be contaminated with meal worms. I have cleaned my cupboards more than once and have found no mealworms. It could come from storage in individual stores, but I have seen complaints on the internet where people have bought from various stores and still have had the same problem. I will not be buying this product or any of Annie's products ever again. I am writing this to make people be aware and to check their products very well before serving to their children. The mealworms are very small and you might not notice right away unless you really look. I wanted to love these products but cannot do that after twice finding mealworms in their product.
review image review image review image
on October 28, 2015
For something that is supposed to "healthy" this was just gross. It came with a powder mix and the "cheese" flavor was not even cheese. My kid who loves Mac n' cheese to include myself couldn't get through the first 2 bites. Nonetheless, I tossed it. Good thing it was "on sale" so it didn't bother me to waste food which I try not to do. Do yourself a favor and make your own "organic" mac n cheese!
on July 8, 2013
Annie's is the best Mac n Cheese in a box we have found and the White Cheddar is just as delicious as the yellow (and my husband likes the white even more) . We like this and the Organic variety made by Annie's and save over 30% vs grocery store prices by using the subscribe and save to purchase these via Amazon. Like all non-homemade Mac n Cheese, it does not make for good leftovers.