5.0 out of 5 stars Near Perfect Musical Celebration of Dylan
Published on January 23, 2005 by IJEFF

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh!!
While I agree it was a fantastic concert (I was lucky enough to be there) the VHS tape & the CD wars very disappointing for the reasons I am about to write.

Published on June 3, 2006 by M. Sente

5.0 out of 5 stars Near Perfect Musical Celebration of Dylan, January 23, 2005
IJEFF (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
Its impossible to exaggerate how good this concert is. Most tribute type concerts don't live up to the hype. This one does. Great performances throughout. A shame its not on DVD. Overall, the audio and video quality of the VHS is first rate (for VHS). Pretty much all the artists come through with outstanding performances of their songs though the Johnny Cash/June Carter rendition of It Ain't Me Babe comes off like a throw away. Also, includes the historic appearance of Sinead O'Connor to a chorus of boos shortly after her SNL "incident". If this is the low point, its quickly overcome by a couple of great Neil Young performances to end Tape #1. Tape #2 continues the momentum and ends in stunning fashion with Roger McGuinn and the "man" himself. With all the crap being released on DVD, its hard to believe this one is still in the can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Superstar Concert Never to Make It to DVD - And Maybe of All Time, August 20, 2005
Dylan, George Harrison, Clapton, Tom Petty, Neil Young, Roger McGuinn - backed by Booker T, Duck Dunn, Steve Cropper, GE Smith (plus Al Kooper!) - deliver the pentultimate collective rendition of "My Back Pages." Richie Havens sears the best-ever "Just Like A Woman." Lou Reed blows down the house with "Foot of Pride" (best Dylan song you never heard). Stevie Wonder brings tears with "How Many Roads?" Clapton at his best nails "Don't Think Twice" as a blues after a lyrical "Love Minus Zero." Johnny Winter takes "Highway 61" and the backup band (Booker T + GE Smith) to the limit. Kris Kristofferson croons "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" with a lifetime of conviction. Ronnie Wood, Tom Petty, Neil Young, George Harrison, John Mellencamp, Willie Nelson, and others all chip in more top notch Dylan renedtions. Sinead even does a meltdown. Oh, and Bobby sings a few of his own tunes - marvelously. What brain dead idiots are keeping this Concert from DVD??? Worth a $100 - or $1,000. An absolute Must Have!

5.0 out of 5 stars A collection of the God's of Rock and Roll, April 23, 1999
Everyone who is anyone shows up to pay homage to the one who turned Rock and Roller's into "artists". "My Back Pages", with Dylan, Clapton, Young, McGuinn, Harrison, and Petty, is an absolute masterpeice. Also, Eddie Vedder's version of "Masters of War" is transcendent. You cannot claim to know anything about Rock's influence without viewing this video. One great piece after another. Must veiwing.

5.0 out of 5 stars This concert is a celebrating of Bob Dylan's music!, April 4, 2000
October 1992 an impressive group of artists singing and playing music of Dylan.One of the highlights of the show was the house band BookerT and The M.G's.They made every song special with their performance.Also Neil Young has to be mentioned.He really felt himself with this "Bob fest" and his version of "All Along The Watchtower" was a monumental contribution to this concert.See and listen to all of the other stars {Stevie Wonder,The Band,Lou Reed Richie havens,George Harrison and others} and you won't forget this "Bob fest".At the end Bob Dylan himself came to the stage and closed down this rock document the way only he can.This celebration is a masterpiece for his music fans.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh!!, June 3, 2006

They didn't include the entire concert and I was also very disappointed in the Mixing. For example, when George Harrison first came out, he sang "If Not For You"-where is that song on the Video and CD? Was it a mistake? I am also disappointed in the Mixing--they (Columbia) made it way too "commercial" in that the rawness of the music is missing. For example, towards the end of the song "My Back Pages" (a highlight of the Concert) Neil Young sang the final "Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now" as a solo. They kept the camera on him but when you hear the rest of the people singing-it looks and sounds strange. If they ever put this out on DVD, I hope they won't mess with it too much. Just leave it alone, as when you mess with something as magical as this you loose most of its authenticity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wher's the DVD?, November 15, 2003
Gregory W Austin (Chepachet, RI United States) - See all my reviews
This concert is a great piece of music history. This was a once in a lifetime show with musicians from all genres of music. They perform these songs adding their own feel to them and it works beautifully. Not since The Last Waltz have so many great talents come together to create a masterpiece.
I have been waiting and waiting for it to come out on DVD. I don't get it. You can get a concert by Sawyer Brown on DVD but not this. I have e-mailed Sony/ Columbia and they say they have no plans for DVD release. I say everyone needs to e-mail them and tell them to get their heads out of their asses.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD! DVD!! DVD!!!!!, April 2, 2004
By A Customer
I am a Dylan fan and I absolutely LOVED this video. But I also taped it from TV, and am not gonna pay so much to get another video! If it were on DVD, I would definitely buy it! I just bought the recent DVD Tribute to George Harrison, which was done much more recently. Surely, Sony, you could get with it! DVD!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Where's the DVD, Sony?, March 3, 2004
"pries49721" (Cheboygan, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I'll add my commitment to buy the DVD, if it is reasonably priced... I have a VHS copied from the TV broadcast on a PBS station - but it's not worth $178.00!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD is fantastic!, March 4, 2014
Wow oh wow. This made me fall in love with the guitar again, so much incredible guitar. On first watching, Johnny Winters and Neil Young were just outstanding on guitar. Nobody sings Dylan like Dylan except for most of the performers on this DVD. I'm a dylan fan and wondered if I would like all these other people doing his stuff. Wow, this is so much fun. You can't have a bad day after watching this. It made me see how strong the songs are as they are interpreted by others, they show more of their beauty. it's beautiful. Touching that 16 of the performers have passed on since this was filmed. A beautiful tribute to them and to Dylan too.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD PLEASE, August 21, 2003
C. Monsalve (North Fork, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great show with some classic performances by Neil Young, Lou Reed, Willie Nelson, Johnny Winter, Tom Petty and the late great George Harrison. I want to add my name to the petition to get this released on DVD. I'll pre-order it ASAP!

30th Anniversary Concert Celebration (Deluxe Edition) [Blu-ray]