Annoying when watching movies!! I am really pleased with the look, feel, and performance of this mouse. I have had it for several months and use it daily (generally charge it every week or so).

The PROBLEM: When I am watching a movie or any sort of video the mouse will activate and make the controls (pause/play/ffwd/etc) show up! This is infuriating, and the only remedies I have come up with are to manually switch the mouse off or to have it plugged in (charging) all the time. Also, when the mouse is idle for a few moments it takes a surprisingly long time to 'wake' (but this is something I can deal with). The MAJOR problem is that I need to manually shut the mouse off in order to watch Netflix or use VLC..

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone come up with a solution for this problem?
asked by mjb5022 on September 7, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
This has never happened to me, and I watch a lot of videos on my computer. Do you see the cursor move on its own or something?
Spark answered on January 8, 2012

A
votes
This may be a deffect, or the following: when watching movies with the mouse placed on a soft surface such as a couch's arm, many mouses will trigger with the slightest movement or vibration nearby and make the controls (pause/play/ffwd/etc) show up.
Stargazer2 answered on November 1, 2013

A
votes
Defective mouse, call Logitech or Amazon for a swift replacement. I've owned three Performance MX mice since they were released. and I've never had this problem, and I've watched well over 1,050gb of movies since I bought my first one.
Jared Jeffers answered on April 22, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›