Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

on February 1, 2006
I bought this pan to use for stir frying and have been very pleased with its performance. Unlike my tried and true carbon steel wok, it's easier to use as absolutely nothing sticks to it and your use of oil depends on your taste, not on the need to keep food from sticking. The handle stays cool as advertised and the helper handle is convenient. The sloped sides are very useful for tossing anything and this pan has turned into my favorite for finishing pasta dishes as I like to toss the cooked pasta into a pan and quickly finish it with whatever sauce I choose. The pan's shape makes this much easier to do than with the large frying pan that I used to use--also with the advantage of its non-stick surface which makes cleanup a snap. Anolon has a good reputation and this line of pans, called Titanium, is a better choice than their Advanced line in that it can hold up to higher heat and that's important for a stir fry pan. It conducts heat very well and there are no hot spots.

I think that the earlier review's negative comments are unfair. The non-stick surface works great. One thing that I've noticed about these newer non-stick surfaces (I also have one by Scanpan) is that they say not to use non-stick sprays like Pam, etc. on them--perhaps this is causing the writer's problem. The writer also complained about the size of the cooking area and it sounds like their expection was for the pan to be similar to a 12" flat frying pan on the bottom but this is called a stir fry pan--think flat-bottom wok, not frypan. As for that complaint about capacity, it holds 4 quarts so it does have room for preparing dishes for more than 2 people, unless they are sumo wrestlers.

$49.00 and free shipping cannot be beat. The combination of performance and price makes it a 5 star item in my book.
on April 8, 2006
This is done a great job so far in cooking. Cooks thorough, evenly and has a nonstick surface. Very durable, thick, strong construction. The only problem I had with this was that it is a bit too heavy to handle easily. Especially when washing. But that's what you get for durability and strength.
on July 8, 2006
I was actually very upset that I had purchased this pan instead of the 12" Fry Pan. I had trouble getting Amazon to exchange it for what I really wanted. Amazon wouldn't so I ended up purchasing the 12" Fry Pan separately. I love both pans. They are great. I never thought that I would be so pleased with cookware - I mean I rarely get excited about any "thing" - but I love Anolon. It is a little heavy, but it cooks things quickly, evenly, and with NO sticking. Then, the clean up is a swipe of a sponge. Wow.

The Stir-Fry pan was actually great, by the by, it collects the water on the bottom-center for quick evaporation.
on June 26, 2007
I bought this pan because I needed a new wok. I'm normally not a big fan of non-stick pans because I cook a lot of Asian foods that normally require high temperatures. But after reading the reviews, I bought this pan to try it out. It has performed very well. I do have to spend a bit more time preheating the pan, but because of its heavy mass, once this pan is hot, it remains hot. Cooking Asian foods in it is a breeze. Though it doesn't provide the same flavor as a carbon-steel wok would, most of us, including myself, don't have the multi-burner gas stove to get a wok hot enough to get that Chinese restaurant flavor. This pan has become my everything pan, from breakfast to dinner, Chinese to Italian. Its ease of use and cleaning caused me to buy one for my sister.
on February 22, 2007
One of the best I have ever used.

Very easy to clean and not too heavy, compare to some of the other ones I had in the past. It is not light though, my wife does have trouble handle it using just one hand.

NO lid.

for the past month, I am truly happy with it. my sisiter has a similar one for about 2-3 years and it is still going strong.
on October 6, 2014
I love this pan! Nothing sticks to the coating...and it is tough. It resists scratching and it seems to last and last., I note that over 52 other reviewers feel the same way...I don't get the folks who gave this pan one or two stars....except that they need to brush up on their use of English ("I through this away" "You might get canser if you eat those coating chips" "In the warranty it states that this can happen with too high of heat- how do you cook on your stove with too high of heat?") Sounds like the same person wrote ALL of the negative reviews
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2015
My husband cooks a lot. He over heats the pan (all high all of the time), he uses metal forks and other no-no utensils, he runs pans through the dishwasher and never treats the cooking surface. I used to fuss at him, but now I just keep him supplied with Anolon Titanium, which stand tough for years. Eventually, the nonstick gives way, and I cheerfully replace it. We worked our way through many types and brands of cookware before we discovered Anolon Titanium (yes, Titanium is worth the extra cost). We have no other pans in our home, and we always replace the exact pan when one wears out. We never discuss the way he is destroying the pans (a frequent source of conflict in the pre-Anolon days), and we have marital bliss for the past 20 years.
on November 1, 2015
This is a high-quality cooking wok. I already had a glass cover that fit it perfectly, so that was a plus. The literature claims that you can put this pan in the dishwasher, but I always wash it by hand, with the soft side of the sponge. That said, after a couple years of frequent use, the nonstick surface is holding up well. For me, it's a perfect size for stir-fry, and the aluminum makes it reasonably lightweight. Because the aluminum is reasonably thick, the heat distribution is pretty good. It's been a good value for me.
on October 10, 2007
I've had this cookware for about 4 years. It is not truly dishwasher safe. Over time the exterior has become quite dull and ugly. It seems to have faded in an inconsistent way. Even though this cookware has a "lifetime" warrantee, Anolon will not replace the cookware if it becomes damaged from being cleaned in the dishwasher.
on January 22, 2015
This pan is scratch resistant. Like it.