Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 9, 2013
When I received this Chef's pan (saucier), I really liked the look and feel of it. It seemed substantial and for a senior with arthritis, the silicone handles on the pan and the lid felt really good.

However, the first time I used the pan, the metal clouded on the bottom and I noticed several knicks on the rim of the pan. I wasn't happy, but decided to give it another chance.

Then a couple of days later I used it to simply boil potatoes and after being washed the cloudiness was still there and now it had white spots that could not be cleaned off on the bottom.

I treasure my cookware and take great care when using and cleaning. I like the look of a "perfect" pan and when it fails after the first use and worse after the second, needless to say it had no place in my collection. I contacted Anolon and the person I talked to seems totally unconcerned about the situation. Sort of a "ho hum" attitude. I was not impressed by that, so sorry, Anolon, I won't be buying any more of your products.

I replaced it with http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-735-24-Classic-Stainless-3-Quart/dp/B000E57BC6/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1368098458&sr=1-4&keywords=cuisinart+3+quart+saucepan. I should have gotten this saucier in the first place.
55 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The information on this page is for some 12" skillet, not the 3 qt saucier. First of all, I have many pieces of this cookware. I purchased it because it is light weight and looks gorgeous! It is 18/0 stainless steel, not 18/10. That is what makes it lightweight. I got tired of lifting my heavy cast iron.

The saucier measures 9" in diameter, with an 8" handle. It stands 4 inches tall from the counter to the top of the pan rim. The total height is about 6 1/2 " with the lid on. Being 18/0 stainless steel, it is a little softer, and it is best to use either wood or silicone utensils. Metal may scratch it, although I have used metal spoons and ladles with this. I just do it carefully. Please be assured that in this cookware, light weight in pounds, does not mean poor quality! This line of cookware is sturdy, thick and cooks beautifully. The only difference I can see between this and other stainless steel is the weight when you pick it up.

The 8 quart stock pot is my go-to pot for making chicken stock, It holds a 5 pound chicken with a lot onions, carrots and celery.
I use the 5 1/2 qt pot for making soup and large family casseroles. It is oven safe to 400 degrees. The handles do not get hot.

This line of cookware is perfect for anyone with arthritis, shoulder or neck pain, or anyone who will appreciate the ease of handling these beautiful pots, pans and casseroles. PS they match my Cole and Mason spice racks-just an added bonus.
on April 19, 2010
It is a useful item, but I think that the overall thickness of the steel is on the thin side. The covered handle and lid are nice comfortable touches. I would have preferred a more hefty feel like my All-Clad pots, but right now it seems to get the job done for the many times that I have used it.
on May 1, 2013
Great cookware in general and this sauce pan is great too. It is built very sturdy and heats evenly too.

See 1 answered question