4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected
Published on September 17, 2008 by Karen

3.0 out of 5 stars You may live in the 90210 but you're still just...a zero.
Published on September 28, 2008 by Snow White

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, September 17, 2008
This review is from: Another Cinderella Story (DVD)
Usually sequals do not turn out so good (this is not really a sequal) but it was enjoyable to watch... Even though this is completely different than the Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff, it has a similar plot and everything; however I actually liked it better than the "Cinderella Story". It had the masked ball as well but it goes well with the following events and Mary's preparation to go in the path of dancing. This is supposed to be a musical version of the "a Cinderella Story".

Mary (Selena Gomez) works for Dominique, her step mother, and her two step-sisters. She bumps into Joey Parker [the guy she has had a crush on since maybe 11 years old ] several times and dance at the school masked ball. She heads home early so that Dominique will not find out and Joey Parker who is a dancer/singer looks for her.

Mary loves and practices dancing on her own time and basically dancing is what brings Mary and Joey together.

I recommend this movie which is good all the way (music and acting).

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Cinderella Story..., October 8, 2008
This review is from: Another Cinderella Story (DVD)
I was surfing the internet one day and I came across a plot for Another Cinderella Story.
I thought, imidiatly, oh no! Don't do it! Sequals to happily ever after movies like A Cinderella Story never work! Never.
Boy, was I wrong.
I watched this expecting the worst [and I knew that Disney Channel Stars would, of course, be playing the lead parts] and I was pleasently surprised.
I actually like this movie just as much as the first. I think the fact that it's a Dance movie with lots of plot changes and twists makes it edgey and a good laugh!
I must say, although I wasn't expecting to, I really enjoyed this!
And Selena Gomez is a very talented actress/singer/dancer which I hadn't realised before watching this. I don't think Disney Channel does her justice.
Drew Seeley was also very good and I hadn't realised he could act. I thought he was just a singer.
All in all I loved it and I think it's worth checking it out if you're a Dance movie fan or if you like the first Cinderella Story.

Hayley.

4.0 out of 5 stars Here's "Something You Don't Know"...This Is A Charming Film, September 17, 2009
For the most part, I consider the Disney Channel (and all its programming and outlets) to be a bit too "in your face" and loud in terms of shows, acting, promotions, and pretty much everything else. When one of "their own" become stars, they are (at least for a short time) what the world is talking about. Yet, every once in awhile, there are shows (e.g. Drake and Josh, Wizards of Waverly Place) and actors (e.g. Josh Peck, Selena Gomez) that I can legitimately enjoy with my younger siblings. "Another Cinderella Story" is one of those shows.

Starring Gomez, at what probably will amount to the height of her "Wizards" fame, this film channels the classic children's story "Cinderella" and gives it a culturally relevant twist. When a young girl (Gomez) lucks into an exclusive dance with the school's most handsome boy (Andrew Seeley) but then must rush home to please her overbearing stepmother (anything sound familiar yet?!), an I-Pod (ala slipper) is the only link between their special moment. Thus, the remainder of the film centers on both boy and girl finding each other and building a relationship.

This movie is clearly superior to its Hilary Duff-starring predecessor in the areas of acting, energy, and excitement:

Acting-wise, Gomez can hold her own with anyone, while Seeley, rather surprisingly, almost steals the show with his screen time. Obviously hired to be the "leading hunk", Seeley turns in a genuine performance. The supporting cast is also just stereotypically goofy enough to be considered "true Disney", but also too stereotypical to really offend anyone (in the High School Musical mold).

In terms of energy and excitement, the fact that the film is set to a back-drop of hip-hop dancing automatically gives it a bit of spunk and flash. Both Gomez and Seeley (or their stunt doubles...whatever the case may be) can really rip it up on the dance floor, only adding to the chemistry between them.

Thus, if you have children (or younger siblings) that adore pretty much all Disney fare, fear not...for this is a film that can be enjoyed by you as well! Though not an instant classic by any means, it is a solid little fun film that will have you singing its tunes and dancing to its catchy beats long after you push the "STOP" button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice take on Cinderella story, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Another Cinderella Story (DVD)
Out of the several 'Cinderella-type' movies out there, this is one of the better ones. Talented teen actors abound including an especially cute Selena Gomez. Her 'best friend' in the show is really cute and quirky and a fine match for the match for the male leads 'best friend'. This is a movie I enjoy watching several times a year.

3.0 out of 5 stars You may live in the 90210 but you're still just...a zero., September 28, 2008
Snow White (Orange County) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Another Cinderella Story (DVD)
2008's Cinderella Story is a cute, child-friendly story about a washed up pop-star named Dominique whose deceased dancer left her daughter Mary(Selena Gomez) in her custody, and now of course she slaves away for her doing terrible and ridiculous things like vacuuming the driveway. Mary secretly desires to be a dancer, stowing away to class hidden behind the mirror, where only she can see how good she really is; that is until teen idol Joey Parker(Drew Seeley) comes back to his 'roots' to finish high school and be a 'normal teenager'.

The high school goes crazy when Joey arrives, especially when he announces his upcoming contest for the best dancer to dance with him in an upcoming project. Post the school's black and white dance where Mary and Joey tango together he can't forget about his mystery girl, and is looking for her with her music player she left at the scene of the crime.

I do have a number of complaints, the foremost being the sheer fact that along with the previous 'Cinderella Story' I am not stupid enough to believe that wearing a small mask hides who you are. Last I checked philosophers have always deemed the eyes to be the windows to the soul, and I can see clearly that you are in that spicy red dress Selena. I can clearly see that it is you who is dancing with Drew, it is not difficult. (Same goes for you Miss. Duff!)

Also the fact that Seeley is 10 years older then Gomez freaks me out more then just a little, and no wonder the complete lack of chemistry all together. (What happened there?)

I will admit that some of the songs are cute and catchy like 'new classic' and 'tell me something I don't know'. Although I may be ashamed to listen to them frequently, Seeley's Timberlake-esque vocals plus that typical pop sound are a good(if tired) combination.

Overall it's a cute, predictable movie that is perfect for it's target audience, which can't be said for some of the others in it's category.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute teen movie, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Another Cinderella Story (Amazon Instant Video)
Not an acting wonder but fun to watch. Music good. Hidden humor amusing. Basic Cinderella story. No foul language or sex

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Another Cinderella Story (Amazon Instant Video)
I have two youngs kids who love the theater and love to dance. They love watching this movie as well as others like High School Musical. For adults it may not be as engaging, but I get my enjoyment out of watching my kids try to imitate the dance moves and signing along with the songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Cinderella Story... Amazing Movie and Real LOVE Story, March 26, 2013
This was an amazing movie. When other people say that age is important it really dosnt mater because my parent are 9 years different and they love eachother more than anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughter Loves Loves this movie, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Another Cinderella Story (Amazon Instant Video)
Bought this for our granddaughter because she wants to watch it again and again. It is one of her favorite movies. Need more movies for young teens like this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Movie, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Another Cinderella Story (Amazon Instant Video)
My daughter loved this movie. I thought it was cute. I did enjoy the dancing scenes. Very entertaining and I would recommend it.

Another Cinderella Story