Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 1, 2012 9:58:35 AM PST
Looking for another "list" book guaranteeing you great wealth if you follow these five or 10 tips? This ain't it. As an early reader and fan of Steve Sears' work for years I can testify that this is a different (welcome) beast altogether: The market as a living, breathing animal that can create security for you over time provided you know how to listen to it. No schemes. No "must buy" stocks. Rather: Solid portfolio building for the long run with the risk-management overlay that really matters. (Hint: First do no harm.) Plus a history-of-the-market narrative remarkably fast and free of clutter. Give it an A.

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 5:53:35 PM PST
Steve Sears shows investors how to succeed when the system -- and one's natural inclinations -- lead in the opposite direction. Read and learn. Steve is one of the few must-read financial journalists. If you read his Barron's column, you know that he takes the unconventional approach. He talks to many of the best and brightest on Wall Street but he's still a thinker apart. What I've enjoyed the most about his writing is seeing sophisticated strategies reduced to their core elements and laid bare for examination. A full-length book takes matters a step farther by laying out a systematic approach to thinking about investing. I won't miss it and I advise you not to, either. -- Brendan Conway, funds columnist and blogger, Barrons.com and former stock market reporter for Dow Jones Newswires and the Wall Street Journal

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 10:54:35 AM PST
Steve Sears column in Barron's is one of the most read by hedge funds, traders and institutional investors. His unique ideas, focus on risk management and contrarian approach is always refreshing. Now individual investors will have the ability to apply his thoughts and ideas to managing their own portfolios. This book is a MUST read for anybody looking to achieve investment success.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Mar 1, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Indomitable Investor: Why a Few Succeed in the Stock Market When Everyone Else Fails
The Indomitable Investor: Why a Few Succeed in the Stock Market When Everyone Else Fails by Steven M. Sears (Hardcover - April 3, 2012)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (34)