Customer Discussions > The Ghost Writer [Blu-ray] forum

Another Stinking *ss Flipper Disc, UGH!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2010 7:25:44 AM PDT
I had this pre-ordered, but now I will cancel since I realized this is one of the horrible flipper discs, which I for one despise!! These studios need to STOP THE GREED!!! Release it on 2 discs you jackwagons, like other releases!!

Posted on Jul 30, 2010 2:20:55 AM PDT
I don't know, I'm just curious, but what about this makes them greedy? Do you mean that instead of making a separate DVD release and making this a combo one it's costing more?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2010 10:57:58 AM PDT
Elo says:
I didn't order this for the same reason.
They can do what they want; companies should try to maximize profit. But they won't get my money for a flipper disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2010 8:58:32 AM PDT
No, it's just that many other releases get the Blu-ray PLUS a separate DVD which either contains just a digital copy for download or the digital copy + full regular SD DVD. If nothing else, since they are releasing this on a standalone DVD, then release it with ONLY Blu-Ray on the disc and leave the other side for artwork. I bought one flipper so far, one of the Bourne movies and was so disgusted with it, I gave it to my brother for free. Didn't want it in my very pristine collection.

Posted on Jul 31, 2010 10:53:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2010 10:56:39 AM PDT
Elo says:
Seems to me the whole point of having a DVD copy is for portable use, most often for the car, or for one of those portable players. Why would I want to risk damaging or losing the Blu-ray if it's on a flipper - and flippers are more likely to be damaged anyway, with data on both sides.
Also shouldn't flippers be cheaper than combo packs with separate disks? But look at the list price of $40.99, which is at least $1.00 than most all of the combo packs! Amazon's discounted price is thus higher also (not their fault) than combo packs.
Ridiculous idea, and I won't buy one.

Posted on Aug 4, 2010 10:13:33 PM PDT
I AM A.M. says:
I agree

Posted on Aug 11, 2010 5:07:11 PM PDT
GhostWolf says:
Was not a happy camper when I got this and saw that this was on a flipper disc. I hated them when they were just DVD and hate this combo as well. Think will opt for the UK version which is just Blu-ray.

Posted on Aug 12, 2010 11:52:41 PM PDT
So no one has a good reason for hating this "flipper" disc then it seems.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2010 8:24:54 AM PDT
Elo says:
And you don't have a good reason for posting here, it seems.

Posted on Dec 3, 2010 8:06:47 AM PST
Luckily, I found a used Canadian copy of this movie with Blu-Ray only, which is the way it SHOULD have been released, I feel.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 8:42:20 PM PST
A. Maz says:
Bought mine used from Blockbuster, not a flipper, just the Blu-Ray, same special features and it was part of their 5 for 20 deal...just a heads up
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer by Ewan McGregor (DVD - 2010)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (258)