5.0 out of 5 stars It brought back convictions I tried to pretend I didn't have
This album is by far and wide the best Sandi Patti has ever recorded. Usually there are a few songs on CD's I skip over. Not on this one. Every single song moves me. Every time I get off of the beaten path, this CD reminds me of where I need to be. Thank you Sandi.
Published on April 7, 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars sandi patti cd
I want to send back it skips an offul lot ,like to have one that does not, Did any one check this cd? Yu have one more newer?
Published 15 months ago by linda lou krogman

5.0 out of 5 stars It brought back convictions I tried to pretend I didn't have, April 7, 1999
This review is from: Another Time...Another Place (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars The album was a moving experience in Christian music., February 18, 1999
This review is from: Another Time...Another Place (Audio CD)
All the songs on "Another Time, Another Place" flowed very well and had a good sense of what message they were supposed to portray. The title track was, perhaps, one of the greatest songs in the history of Christian music. Sandi Patti and Wayne Watson blend perfectly in this song that describes Heaven as a place where there will be no sadness and only joy in the Lord. The songs "Unto us" and "I Will Rejoice" give the album an upbeat, fun, edge that is usually not very well executed on the Christian music scene. "I'll Give You Peace" is a slower, more fluid song that is very beautiful and inspiring. Over all, this project is a masterpiece and will be treasured as long as I have a CD player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Time, Another Place, Another Great Album from Patty, October 14, 2005
This review is from: Another Time...Another Place (Audio CD)
This is truly one of the best albums, if not the best that Sandi has produced. The entire collection of recordings is all very inspirational and uplifting. From the duet title song with Wayne Watson to the incredible sounds of "Oh Calvary's Lamb", the CD is a must have for any Christian Music lover or Sandi Patty Fan.

Also, it seems as though many Patty lover's were somewhat disappointed at the direction of this CD, being that it was a sudden departure from her previous style and use of vocals, however I think it proves how diverse her voice is and marketable to listeners of all ages and style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Effort, January 20, 2005
This review is from: Another Time...Another Place (Audio CD)
This early 90's album demonstrates Patty's impressive vocal versatility, as she abandons her trademark mulit-octave wail for a more subtle (though not less powerful) delivery. The key is the excellent material, which contains a vast array of styles. The intro "Unto Us" is pretty standard for Patty, but the title track fares much better. "Another Time..." is a superbly written song, holding back emotion until just the right moment. A few tracks later, there's a nice duet with Amy Grant ("Unexpected Friends"), followed by the breezy, yet ironically haunting "I Give You Peace." The song utilizes all of Patty's range, but in a very muted way. At the end of track, a choir of Sandi Patty's echo each other in rounds, and the result is the richest musicality she's ever produced.
The rest of the album paces itself well. "Rejoice" is another Patty standard; "Willing to wait" is a fun, Midler-esque number. The album peaks again, however, with the powerful "Who Will Call Him King of Kings," another great song which tempts Patty to go over the edge with the glass-shattering upper register that she's famous for, but suprisingly, she does not, and it still works for her. Finally, the end track "O Calvary's Lamb" peacefully whisks us out with a quiet, rolling storm.
The gospel hall-of-famer has many diverse chapters in her singing career, including children's records, a spanish album, hymns-only albums, and of course, the classics ("Morning Like This," etc...). Though she may always be remembered for her ability to reach non-human notes with ease, "Another Time,..." is Patty's best work; it never goes over-the-top, never slows too much, and never misses the mark. And best of all, it shows a whole new side of a very special vocalist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply Moving Album, September 1, 1999
This review is from: Another Time...Another Place (Audio CD)
Far and away her best CD, a meaningful experience from beginning to end. The duets are career highlights and each song is like a polished gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars It brought back convictions I tried to pretend I didn't have, April 8, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Collection of Songs, March 26, 1999
This review is from: Another Time...Another Place (Audio CD)
This is one of Sandi's finest sets. There is not a weak song among the bunch. The beautiful opening to "Unto Us" begins the CD and it flows into the incredible "Another Time, Another Place," the duet with Wayne Watson. The final two songs are the best of the best. "Who Will Call Him Kings of Kings" will bring shivers. "O Calvary's Lamb", which ends the project, is enclosed within the sound of a storm raging, yet there is peace within. Other highlights include "Unexpected Friends" with Amy Grant and "For all the World," 1992's inspirational song of the year. This album is loaded with inspiring and moving melodies and lyrics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music, April 27, 2014
If you love Sandi Patti, then you will love this CD. It's a good mix of energetic, powerful, and reflective songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 22, 2014
Was great!!! Very fast and perfect quality so I am super happy with this transaction and I will be more than happy to buy from you again

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic contemporary soprano intrumentals and vocals of praise!, January 7, 2014
Michael (LONG BEACH, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Another Time...Another Place (Audio CD)
This is a childhood favorite. I purchased it as a gift. Another Time, Another Place is fantastic fora CChristian/Catholic believer...contemporary worship...beautifully pergect soprano vocalist with much instrumentals and orchestra. "I'll Give You Peace" is also fantastic.

Another Time...Another Place
Another Time...Another Place by Sandi Patty (Audio CD - 1991)
Rate and Discover Movies