Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Another compilation set??????????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 12, 2008 11:29:03 AM PDT
Jeff Fuell says:
I love Maiden, been a fan since NOTB, but another compliation set?? Come one!! These guys are turning into Aerosmith and KISS with all of this stuff. Including compilations and live albums, Maiden must rank at the top of the list when releasing these type of packages. This particular compilation focuses on their most classic period - the 80's. The problem I have with this compliation is 1) it is too short and 2) not all of their best stuff is here. A best of Maiden, even in only decade, can easily be a 2-cd set. I am a bit upset with the track list because I feel that some classics have been omitted. There is only one track from Piece of Mind! One Track! There is no Flight of Icarus, Revelations, Die With Your Boots on, Where Eagles Dare or even Still Life! This is one of my favorite Maiden albums and it is almost completely ignored. Also, no Stranger in a Strange Land. For obvious time-related reasons, there is no Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. Also, how about the Evil That Men Do or Moonchild? Not surpdisingly, most of the tracks are from Number of the Beast. I realize that it is impossible to make a compilation album that is going to satisfy everyone, but this really could have been better.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2008 6:46:44 PM PDT
J. St Pierre says:
Yea, I hear you. BUT if the tour means focusing on the 80's stuff, GREAT!!! It was their best time. Oh, and I too saw them on tour NOTB opening up for Judas Priest, SFV.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2008 8:13:01 PM PDT
donnie bonn says:
this is just to celebrate their new tour,,,it should have come with an early option to buy tickets for concerts...but guess what, their will probably be another live album next year to celebrate this tour again...how many live albums can one band release? maiden and priest need to hold out on live albums for a few years...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2008 6:37:16 PM PDT
J. St Pierre says:
Well, yea. This is not a complete set. BUT, at the age of the band and thier followers who have not, perhaps, followed them on every tour- this is a way of getting back those of us 40+ year olds that want to see them 1 more time! Bottom line, they were best in the 80's, let the band pick thier own 'best of' and enjoy the fact that they still tour! If you have these songs, you may have to live with the fact ( as many of the bands I love do) that the studio days are gone. It could be a lot worse. Touring is the only way some bands can continue- support the band by seeing them!!!!!!!!!!! Also Judas has 2 new kick butt albums, maybe you should check them out....................

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2008 6:36:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 5, 2008 11:46:54 AM PDT
No, this is to squeeze out more money on the same crap.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  May 12, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 25, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about