100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Beauty Videos Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Touchstone (Glass Thorns) forum

Another trilogy? Finish the other two first!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2012 6:20:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2012 6:20:44 AM PST
Come on! Rawn is starting ANOTHER trilogy with 2 standing unfinished, one having taken 16 years to complete?!

Who is really going to give this author another chance to leave us hanging? This is a major insult to a prospective reader's intelligence.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 10:04:33 AM PST
Jem says:
I can understand your disappointment. I loved her Dragon series, like so many fans. But, I held off on Ruins of Ambrai because I had had other authors disappoint me in not finishing their work and I planned to wait until all three books were released. Thankfully, I never began that unfinished trilogy, and have avoided Rawn since. Makes me wonder why the publisher doesn't just insist on a ghost-writer to complete what fans are obviously eager for, and which the author is obviously never going to get to? I'm also surprised they would take a chance on another new trilogy. Can she still be selling that well with all the disappointed fans? Hmmm.

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 10:54:04 PM PST
I believe the reason the Spellbinder trilogy or whatever it is called was not finished because they sold so poorly. So no, she is not selling well.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 10:20:18 PM PST
I remember when Rawn first announced this book on her website thinking that the premise utterly awful and wondering why they were seriously picking this up instead of making her finish her highly popular and longed for Mageborn trilogy.

And I'm still wondering. The reviews for this lead me to think that this was not a good book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Touchstone (Glass Thorns)
Touchstone (Glass Thorns) by Melanie Rawn (Hardcover - February 28, 2012)
3.7 out of 5 stars (49)