5.0 out of 5 stars My research paid off!
Published on August 3, 2008 by Penelope

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Performance
I conditioned these batteries with a LaCrosse BC-900 battery charger/conditioner when I got them. They peaked at 2500-2600mAH discharge (after about 6 charge/discharge cycles) which is well under the rated 2850mAH. Not worth the money for what are essentially capacities I could get from cheaper batteries.
Published on July 15, 2010 by Kumo

5.0 out of 5 stars My research paid off!, August 3, 2008
This review is from: Ansmann 5035092 AA 2850 mAh Digital Rechargeable Batteries, 4-Pack (Electronics)
I recently purchased a Canon PowerShot SX100IS 8MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black) that only uses two AA batteries instead of four. The biggest complaint people had with this camera was the battery usage so I did some research to find the best rechargeable batteries. The Ansmann brand came up time and again in the top two rechargeable batteries for digital cameras. I have a basic Rayovac charger and have charged them several times with great results. I thought with the battery usage of my camera I might need to buy another set of rechargeables just be on the safe side but so far the battery life (even with constant LCD viewing) has far exceeded my expectations. I will definitely be purchasing more of these for use in my other electronics.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Performance, July 15, 2010
Kumo (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a true 2850mah battery, January 26, 2011
I bought these batteries to get the maximum amount of life out of my power hungry GPS'r. I have many of the AA sanyo eneloops which are rated at 2000mah and test within +/- 50mah of those advertised specs. These 2850mah rated Ansmann are not even close to the advertised specs. I went through 10 charge/discharge cycles and the capacites of each battery are as follows from high to low 2520mah,2503mah,2480mah,2467. If I take the highest rated battery of the 4, its still over 300mah shy of the advertised 2850mah rating. There are many postive reviews indicating how long these batteries lasted in a particular piece of electronic equipment. Imagine how much longer these devices would have run with a true 2850mah rated battery? I use a Maha Powerex Wizard One MH-C9000 to test all of my batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars True battery life as claimed, February 21, 2010
When I did research for digital cameras for myself, I later decided on getting a Canon SX10is for several reasons. Then discovered something while reading reviews of the camera by professional photographers. They recommended Ansmann rechargeable batteries for this camera. These, as you know, are rated for 2850mah capacity. It was mentioned that these batteries truly held up to their battery life as claimed vs nearly all others found over the counter or on the shelf in common places falling short. I took the camera to Italy, ready to take pictures to my heart's content of the beautiful country. Having these batteries really helped me be prepared for the trip. I took over 1600 photos with only three charges and had plenty of power left after the third charge before getting on the plane for home. Granted I hardly used the flash but maybe ten times (most museums don't allow flash for understandable reasons). Always remember, it's best to remove the batteries from the charger only when they are fully charged for best results and life of the batteries.
The few times I did use the flash, these batteries held their own so to speak in flash charge times. They did not slow me down at all.
Since I've owned the camera, I've taken over 2000 photos and these batteries have not shown any sign losing duration between charges. I'd recommend these to anyone, especially for high drain devices.

Review Amendment: I recently bought a battery charger that gives a digital readout of voltage, mAh, mA and has various charge modes, refresh, etc. After trying out the charger with my favorite batteries (Ansmann), all recharged to their rated capacities, and some even better than their ratings. Now I can group common capacity units together as great, better, best for combined common performing units. This is fantastic and the charger has confirmed the quality of these batteries. Awesome. Always remember to fully recharge your batteries before removing them from the charger, and slow charging greatly maintains the life of the battery. Fast charging creates a hot battery and that is not good. If you can either choose a slow charger or select a slow charge setting will be best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Testing Batteries..., September 6, 2012
I have been reading peoples (+) and (-) reviews about the batteries on here and what bothers me is that no one is REALLY testing the batteries. They are putting them in a recharger and because it has a digital readout taking for granted that that is correct. You cannot test for mA/h by putting a battery in a recharger and looking at the readout. You can test for short term mA output at the level of charge the battery has at the time at the temperature the battery is at. In order to truely test a battery you would need to have an amp meter that is able to record and test the battery from full chharge to the point where the voltage drops off below the usable level. The device should also have a Thermocouple to measure the output as a function of Temp.; mA/h is an average output over time. Not a peak output when the battery is fully charged and cold. As a battery drains at a (reasonably)high amperage it will heatup and the chemicals that create the electricity will start to become more efficient(little ions will move lots faster). The amprerage will go up with temperature. So, a short term test of a cold battery means very little except what the amperage output is at that certain temp. and that level of charge. If you where to wrap your battery in Aluminum Foil ( DON'T do this!) it would heat up to the point where the chemicals inside would begin to ooze out of the battery and it might even explode. The mA it puts out before it dies all together will far exceed the listed capacity. Chargers simply take the mA the battery is putting out and use probably less than a second of output to tell you what the average output should be over an hour or longer. Very inaccurate. That is more of a peak amperage@Temp. I am not saying that these batteries will perform as stated on the package but if you are going to test them you should do it correctly. I gave them 5 stars as I have never tested them correctly and probably never will take the time, but I have used them and they seem to perform fine for the cost and will take many charge cycles without the full charge Voltage dropping significantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ansmann 5035092 AA of 2850mAh Rechargeable Batteries (4-Pack), March 3, 2011
I am a part time professional photographer and have a hard time with reliable flash batteries for the SB-800 shooting with the Nikon D-300. I was a little hesitant to spend this much on a set of batteries but these are the best I have found. Most rechargeable batteries don't have high enough mAh for the higher-end digital cameras. The lithium batteries are expensive and get so hot that they don't allow quick recycling that is needed at events. I had been using cheap everready golds for short term use but they require special disposal due to toxicity to the environment. I used these Ansmanns recently at a 4 year old's birthday party and they were terrific. Didn't miss a shot! I highly recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty damn good..., November 28, 2010
I bought these along with a Maha C800s charger specifically for an older digital camera that really likes batteries. In short they last a long time even with a lot of zooming and flash usage. They even hold a charge for a substantial time when not used. I don't know if they are the best on the market, but they are pretty damn good. Well worth the cost for digital cameras or other high drain items. Far better than the 2500 mah Energizers, but be sure to get a good charger to maximize their potential and they will not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars They sure hold a charge, August 7, 2009
I use these batteries mostly in my Canon 580EX flash. They last for a very long time. And they hold their charge even when sitting for a time. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Batteries!, May 12, 2012
I am a full-time professional photographer who photographs fifty events per year or so.

I bought these batteries recently to power my Canon 580 EXII flash units, and I must sat that I've never used batteries with this much staying power.

I recently photographed a wedding with one set of these (which for me is comprised of twelve batteries (four in the flash, and eight in my external battery pack). I shot over 600 images using flash, and the batteries showed no signs of fatigue whatsoever. This is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent batteries, January 24, 2011
Most of the really high capacity rechargeables I have tried, vary in capacity and resistance from battery to battery, so to use a set of four, one has to go though a lot of them to get a matched set. I got two sets of these, and was able to use them all.. first time that has ever happened.

Nice product.