Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 17, 2010 6:55:44 AM PDT
epps says:
I'm learning programming on my own, and thought this book would be ideal. However, I now see that the solutions to the exercises are only available to instructors. As there is no instructor other than oneself in my situation, this puts me in a rather difficult position. Requests to the website have gone unanswered. Thoughts?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 2:13:32 PM PDT
D. Yrueta says:
Hi Eric --

I also picked up HtDP (as it's popularly known) as a first time programmer learning on my own. It took me over two years to complete the exercises, but was well worth the effort.

There are two Google group resources you may avail yourself of in the course of your studies: plt-scheme and study-htdp. If you have questions, you can post to either group -- chances are you will receive a helpful response.

I would definitely encourage you to work through HtDP. It's difficult and requires a great deal of persistence. However, I count it as one of the great educational experiences of my life.

Good luck!

Dave Y.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Mar 17, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
How to Design Programs: An Introduction to Programming and Computing
How to Design Programs: An Introduction to Programming and Computing by Matthias Felleisen (Hardcover - February 12, 2001)
4.3 out of 5 stars (19)