4.0 out of 5 stars Great information!
I am going to Antarctica in November and really couldn't find any travel books. I got this one and am very happy with the information on the areas that most cruise ships visit. I would recommend the book to anyone going on a cruise to Antarctica.
Published on April 12, 2012 by Marcella Leaton

3.0 out of 5 stars Very basic introduction to Antarctica
Nice photos. Basic info on the sights. Better description of the various animals and birds you may encounter. Small, light and easy to pack.
Published on December 29, 2012 by Paul R. Keith

4.0 out of 5 stars Great information!, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Antarctica Cruising Guide: Includes Falkland Islands, South Georgia and Ross Sea (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected...and I expected a lot!, February 11, 2013
This book has everything you will need if you are taking a trip to Antarctica. Great information about the area, and good photos for identifying the local wildlife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide, January 20, 2013
Jo (Virginia) - See all my reviews
Mr. Carey's guide is an excellent introduction to the Falklands and to the parts of Antarctica to which tourists normally cruise. We learned much from the guide and highly recommend it to anyone who intends to travel to these areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good information on the islands and wildlife, January 4, 2013
Lady Luck (Ridgefield,CT) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a book on Antarctica that had info on both the islands and the wildlife since we are taking an icebreaker cruise this year. It seems to meet my needs and has a lot of great pictures. the true test will come when we actually travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, Loaded with Good Information, June 3, 2014
Much interesting and helpful information, from an explanation of the geology of the continent to helpful pictures for identifying wildlife. And compact; I'll carry it with me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fundamental resource, October 19, 2013
This book has a little bit of everything in it, a good reference manual for the geology, history and wildlife. A nice reference for a trip to Antarctic. The pictures of wildlife will be helpful for identification.

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful pre-trip read., December 24, 2013
This guide book is very comprehensive, including fauna and flora and plenty of maps as well as basic history. I would have liked more about the early explorers. Some more detailed advice on what to pack or wear for an antarctic cruise would be handy but all in all it is good value and I recommend it to those planning a trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, August 21, 2013
Amazon Customer (Port Jefferson, NY USA) - See all my reviews
It is a useful guide for our upcoming trip to Antarctica. Gives us a good idea of what to pack and what to expect even though we will use a different cruise line.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, July 4, 2013
This book has wonderful information and makes us even more excited about our trip there. The information is complete and easy to understand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very basic introduction to Antarctica, December 29, 2012