4.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, would have benefited with brighter lights.
I wanted to avoid the glare from the bedroom window, and so I installed a screen. Having done so, my room became really dark, and staring the monitor was causing eye strain.

I did some research and I found this product. I considered this and the Cyborg amBX(tm) Gaming Lights for PC (not available on Amazon, just search on google for these).

I...
Published on July 24, 2011 by Patch Rowcester

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy.
I am not sure what I expected, but this lighting kit falls short for me.

It works in the sense that you plug it in and it creates a decently bright light, but it is not bright enough to achieve any reasonable results with my 24' HP LCD monitor, even after modifying contrast and brightness on the display.

More importantly, the reusable adhesive strip...
Published on November 12, 2011 by Christian George

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, would have benefited with brighter lights., July 24, 2011
This review is from: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit (Personal Computers)

I eventually decided to get these instead because they were cheap.

Now are these any good? Well, they are not going to completely get rid of eye strain, that's for sure, however, they do help. They are certainly not bad for the price, but I would have preferred them a little brighter.

Here are somethings you should know before buying these:

1. There is no way to turn these lights ON or OFF. They have to be manually unplugged from the USB

2. There is no way to alter the brightness. I wanted the lights to be a little brighter, but I couldn't find a way to do this. If I missed something, then kindly inform me by leaving a comment.

3. The strip has decent glue and it is possible to remove and attach it several times till you get the position just right.

4. Of course, there are no drivers or anything.

Overall, I am pleased with the product. However, I am going to give it 4 stars because I would have preferred them a little brighter. There is nothing wrong with the product as such, and I would recommend it.

Check out the pictures I am attaching. They give you an idea on how the setup looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I wanted, March 20, 2012
This review is from: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit (Personal Computers)
I bought these to light the back of an LCD TV I have on a adjustable wall mount (see customer attached images). They are light and not too bright, I bought 4 of them but only ended up useing 3. You can't really tell they are on during the day, but by dusk they produce the intended effect.

As far as installation, I have the section where the strip meets the USB cable supported with a small strip of duct tape to relieve some strain on the ahesive of the light strip itself. Some additional zip ties keep the cables routed to a Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra-Mini Hub. Hub is then connected to a USB port on the TV to power up and down with the TV. Doesn't look pretty on the back, but I'm not really looking at the back of my TV too much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. Really helps my tired eyes., August 25, 2011
This review is from: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit (Personal Computers)
This is a simple product at a reasonable price. It is a strip of small LED lights that plug into a USB port. In my case, it plugs into the USB port of my monitor, so it turns on when the monitor has power. (My Samsung turns off the USB when it goes to sleep.)

It creates a soft glow behind the monitor that reduces the contrast around the screen. It actually makes it possible for me to work longer with less fatigue.

I consider it to be a small investment for a very large value.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy., November 12, 2011
This review is from: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit (Personal Computers)
I am not sure what I expected, but this lighting kit falls short for me.

More importantly, the reusable adhesive strip used to attach the kit failed a few days in and now I have find it behind my PC and and reattach it every two days.

Short: Not for me, by YMMV

4.0 out of 5 stars Good eye relief that can be turned off when PC powers down with bios setting change, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit (Personal Computers)
For the price I think this is worth it. It makes an ambient glow, not bright that does help with the eye strain in a dark room. Two strips may be better, I have just one for now. I plan to get a back lit keyboard so I'll revisit this later. I did notice the adhesive can pull off but this is the weight of the cord causing a daisy chain effect. One small piece of duct tape fixed that. To have it turn off when you power off your machine go to your bios settings and look for your usb settings. On my motherboard it was under power management and you just enable ErP support. This makes it so your computer consumes less than 1w in S5 (shutdown) state. This is disabled by default. By doing this you lose wake up by:keyboard,mouse, lan and others. Also, if you like to charge your cell or tablets etc when your PC is off then I believe this would disable that. Once I enabled this feature the led strip turns on when I turn on my PC and when I shutdown it follows suit. It does stay on in sleep status and to wake from sleep I just have to tap the power button. This is a nice product at a fair price. It seems to disturb my wife much less while she sleeps over the lamp I was using before this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Provides good ambient lighting but has a few design issues, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit (Personal Computers)
I purchased a pair of these to place on the back of my two monitors in an effort to ease eye fatigue from long coding sessions. The lighting itself is excellent, creating a soft white light reflecting off the wall that certainly helps with they eye strain. My issues are with the design of the kit itself. The adhesive seems to be holding well after weeks of use on both monitors, one with a matte finish and the other being very glossy. The problem is the adhesive near the end that has failed to hold up to the weight of the USB cable after the first few minutes of installation. I have been forced to place a bit of tape on both units to hold the end of the lighting strip down. Antec needs to address this issue in future versions of the product.

The second problem is with the length of the USB cable itself. On one monitor I have built-in USB ports and the cord is more than long enough. On the other monitor however, the cable is not long enough to reach a USB port and I had to use a USB extension cable in order to get it to length. It seems that Antec has designed this product solely for monitors with USB ports. The lack of an off switch is evidence of this. On my Dell UltraSharp, it is not problematic since the ports lose power after turning the monitor off and the light goes out accordingly. On my other monitor, the lights stay on when plugged into an always on port and have to be manually unplugged. I have instead had to run my second monitors cable to my UltraSharp in order to not have to plug and unplug constantly.

Overall, the lighting performance of this kit is more than adequate. However, Antec needs to redesign this kit to address a pair of glaring deficiencies in their design. Having to supplement the adhesive with additional tape is inexcusable and the lack of an off switch and a cable of suitable length makes using this on monitors without built in ports a hassle. A new version of this kit is warranted and hopefully Antec will address the design problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light for the price! Pros and Cons, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit (Personal Computers)
This is a nice white led strip for soft ambient glows. Works nicely for a 22 in LCD monitor. I purchased 2 for my monitor and it looks nice. The light lvls are of course a personal preference and some will like it and others will not. But for under $10 these are definitely worth a try. I had to move my lights a few times until i found a lighting configuration that i liked best but still the best under $20 ambient lighting I have found.

Pros!
-Cheep
-Double side tape
-6 decently bright LED's nicely spaced.
-USB plug and play NO drivers needed!
-Can be plugged into a monitor with USB capabilities for power.

Cons!
-no on/off controls.
-some may say to dark/bright no way to adjust brightness.
-They stay on if you have them plugged into your PC's USB even with the PC powered (due to the constant power being supplied to a MOB by the PSU).

A little Tip. For those who had not noticed like i did, there is a protective thin plastic strip that covers the entire LED strip. it is thin like cellophane. Once removed the lights seem to be exceptionally brighter and clearer just a little FYI if you guys hadn't noticed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit (Personal Computers)
From ready the reviews I didn't know what to expect from these. I bought them for my TV, to have non direct light when watching movies, or playing games. I installed four strips plugged into Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra-Mini Hub (F5U407) on the back of my 55" LED, and I have to say it looks amazing. With four these is plenty of light, without being overwhelming. My girlfriend even likes the look when we watch movies. When I get a chance I'll post pics of what four of these look like on my TV.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not bright enough / purple, November 11, 2011
This review is from: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit (Personal Computers)
Good idea; poor execution. These aren't nearly bright enough nor are they particularly white. I would say they're nearer blue / purple. They're not white, in any case. I bought 2 for my monitor and they don't throw off sufficient light even paired. Avoid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cable might be too short, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit (Personal Computers)
Powered through a usb port, except depending on how far your monitor is away from the usb port you might find it difficult to get this thing to the back of your monitor.

Also, you might find some difficulty having it stick to the back of your monitor. I clean the back of my monitor with a microfiber cloth before putting it on. This was when I had my desktop right next to my monitor, there was slack so the thing couldn't have came off because the line was too tight.

I'm going to order another one and try my luck, hopefully it would stay on, because i really like this product. The leds are bright, not sure how well bias lighting works on my eyes, but I set my computer to run power to my usb even when its off. At night these work great as a guide light. They're soft enough that I can sleep with them on (that might just be me), but whenever i need to get up in the middle of the night to empty myself. The lighting from these guys really help me get around.

Do they work when looking at the screen in the dark, my girlfriend says they do. She says her eyes do not feel as tired. Her eyes however are worst than mines, so if she says they help her I'm glad i made this investment.

Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit