Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Antec Halo 6 LED Bias Lighting Kit
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on July 24, 2011
I wanted to avoid the glare from the bedroom window, and so I installed a screen. Having done so, my room became really dark, and staring the monitor was causing eye strain.

I did some research and I found this product. I considered this and the Cyborg amBX(tm) Gaming Lights for PC (not available on Amazon, just search on google for these).

I eventually decided to get these instead because they were cheap.

Now are these any good? Well, they are not going to completely get rid of eye strain, that's for sure, however, they do help. They are certainly not bad for the price, but I would have preferred them a little brighter.

Here are somethings you should know before buying these:

1. There is no way to turn these lights ON or OFF. They have to be manually unplugged from the USB

2. There is no way to alter the brightness. I wanted the lights to be a little brighter, but I couldn't find a way to do this. If I missed something, then kindly inform me by leaving a comment.

3. The strip has decent glue and it is possible to remove and attach it several times till you get the position just right.

4. Of course, there are no drivers or anything.

Overall, I am pleased with the product. However, I am going to give it 4 stars because I would have preferred them a little brighter. There is nothing wrong with the product as such, and I would recommend it.

Check out the pictures I am attaching. They give you an idea on how the setup looks.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
1111 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2012
I bought these to light the back of an LCD TV I have on a adjustable wall mount (see customer attached images). They are light and not too bright, I bought 4 of them but only ended up useing 3. You can't really tell they are on during the day, but by dusk they produce the intended effect.

As far as installation, I have the section where the strip meets the USB cable supported with a small strip of duct tape to relieve some strain on the ahesive of the light strip itself. Some additional zip ties keep the cables routed to a Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra-Mini Hub. Hub is then connected to a USB port on the TV to power up and down with the TV. Doesn't look pretty on the back, but I'm not really looking at the back of my TV too much.
review image
on January 25, 2012
This is a nice white led strip for soft ambient glows. Works nicely for a 22 in LCD monitor. I purchased 2 for my monitor and it looks nice. The light lvls are of course a personal preference and some will like it and others will not. But for under $10 these are definitely worth a try. I had to move my lights a few times until i found a lighting configuration that i liked best but still the best under $20 ambient lighting I have found.

Pros!
-Cheep
-Double side tape
-6 decently bright LED's nicely spaced.
-USB plug and play NO drivers needed!
-Can be plugged into a monitor with USB capabilities for power.

Cons!
-no on/off controls.
-some may say to dark/bright no way to adjust brightness.
-They stay on if you have them plugged into your PC's USB even with the PC powered (due to the constant power being supplied to a MOB by the PSU).

A little Tip. For those who had not noticed like i did, there is a protective thin plastic strip that covers the entire LED strip. it is thin like cellophane. Once removed the lights seem to be exceptionally brighter and clearer just a little FYI if you guys hadn't noticed.
on August 25, 2011
This is a simple product at a reasonable price. It is a strip of small LED lights that plug into a USB port. In my case, it plugs into the USB port of my monitor, so it turns on when the monitor has power. (My Samsung turns off the USB when it goes to sleep.)

It creates a soft glow behind the monitor that reduces the contrast around the screen. It actually makes it possible for me to work longer with less fatigue.

I consider it to be a small investment for a very large value.
on February 4, 2012
I purchased a pair of these to place on the back of my two monitors in an effort to ease eye fatigue from long coding sessions. The lighting itself is excellent, creating a soft white light reflecting off the wall that certainly helps with they eye strain. My issues are with the design of the kit itself. The adhesive seems to be holding well after weeks of use on both monitors, one with a matte finish and the other being very glossy. The problem is the adhesive near the end that has failed to hold up to the weight of the USB cable after the first few minutes of installation. I have been forced to place a bit of tape on both units to hold the end of the lighting strip down. Antec needs to address this issue in future versions of the product.

The second problem is with the length of the USB cable itself. On one monitor I have built-in USB ports and the cord is more than long enough. On the other monitor however, the cable is not long enough to reach a USB port and I had to use a USB extension cable in order to get it to length. It seems that Antec has designed this product solely for monitors with USB ports. The lack of an off switch is evidence of this. On my Dell UltraSharp, it is not problematic since the ports lose power after turning the monitor off and the light goes out accordingly. On my other monitor, the lights stay on when plugged into an always on port and have to be manually unplugged. I have instead had to run my second monitors cable to my UltraSharp in order to not have to plug and unplug constantly.

Overall, the lighting performance of this kit is more than adequate. However, Antec needs to redesign this kit to address a pair of glaring deficiencies in their design. Having to supplement the adhesive with additional tape is inexcusable and the lack of an off switch and a cable of suitable length makes using this on monitors without built in ports a hassle. A new version of this kit is warranted and hopefully Antec will address the design problems.
on May 16, 2012
i have three monitors on my custom built pc's [i built] ,i added three of these bias lights and they look great,i also found a great alternate use for them,i have them connected to my usb port and installed them under my keyboard shelve,they illuminate the keys on my keyboards,and they cost a lot less then buying a illuminated keyboard
on February 3, 2013
For starters, use a different adhesive on this. The one currently on there is from 3m, however, it constantly fell off. I used a few Command Picture Hanging Strips, 4-Small, 8-Medium instead and it never came off again. Since it's LED then it's going to last for some time. Not sure what happened with other reviewers but mine is casting a pure white light behind my tv. It has a on/off switch on it, however, I just leave it on all the time. Once I turn on the tv it switches on and I don't need to worry about getting up and flipping the switch. I watch a lot of movies, sometimes the entire day I may have a movie marathon. After several movie marathons and a few weeks of use I'm glad I invested in it. It's only $8 and well worth it in my opinion. I have had any issues with eye strain after a long day of move marathons (IE: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring / The Two Towers / The Return of the King Extended Editions) [Blu-ray] ) The colors really do seem more vibrant looking now with this. The tv I currently have it mounted on is a Samsung UN32EH5000 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black)(table mounted) and with AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable (6.5 Feet/2.0 Meters) - Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return [Newest Standard]connecting to my Samsung BD-E5900 3D WiFi Blu-ray Disc Player (Black) so the picture is already superb. This gives it that much more of an edge with picture quality. Give it a shot, you wont regret it.
review image review image
on December 29, 2011
From ready the reviews I didn't know what to expect from these. I bought them for my TV, to have non direct light when watching movies, or playing games. I installed four strips plugged into Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra-Mini Hub (F5U407) on the back of my 55" LED, and I have to say it looks amazing. With four these is plenty of light, without being overwhelming. My girlfriend even likes the look when we watch movies. When I get a chance I'll post pics of what four of these look like on my TV.
on January 27, 2015
I am glued to my computer screen for a large portion of the day. A lot of it happens after sunset and I have noticed in the past that my eyes would get tired a bit quicker when using the computer at night. I've also heard about the benefits of ambient light in diminishing this effect. Getting a backlight for my main screen seemed like a possibly neat and very clean solution so I ordered the Halo lighting kit.

The lights are great! By drawing power from the USB port on the monitor I never have to worry about replacing the batteries! The LEDs are bright and the glow behind the monitor is not intrusive but just illuminating enough to help my eyes cope better with the screen itself.

I have a 27" ASUS PB278Q. Although the lights would be more visible with a smaller monitor, I find that the light reflecting off of the white wall behind the monitor is enough to really help. You'd get even better results with a smaller screen!

The installation was a breeze (just remove the protective backing and stick the bar on the back of the monitor). I can see myself using these lights for a long time.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 2, 2013
I ordered 2 of these to apply to the back of my two 24" monitors to add some back light and act somewhat as a desk light. I do graphic design and sometimes I work crazy hours. It's nice to have the lights on and not light up an entire room. As far as reducing eye strain, I haven't noticed but i'm used to sitting here for hours without it. When you receive the lights please note there is a clear, thin protective layer of film over the lights. Remove that film and they will be noticeably brighter. I also ordered this tape B00004Z498 to help hold the lights on after reading a few reviews. The cord length is appx. 42" from the the usb port to the light. I picked up this 4 port usb hub B00BWF5U0M to use as on and off switches for the 2 lights and it all works great. If the cord length isn't long enough, you can always grab an extension from amazonbasics for a few of bucks. AmazonBasics Male Female Extension Meters
OVERALL I am happy with the lights. The light is bright enough to do what it is intended to do. The usb plug fit nice and snug into the hub with no play. I did add some extra sticky tape to the lights but am not sure it would need it. They seemed pretty sticky to me. Take the time to clean the application area of your monitor or whatever with some rubbing alcohol first to remove any dirt, dust or oils and they will stick just fine. Oh and the price? Come on...12 bucks? That's pretty cheap for a strip of LED's that require nothing but plugging in to a usb port. An excellent value for someone on a budget, like myself.