5.0 out of 5 stars Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-400 400-Watt Power Supply Unit
This is the second Antec power supply I have purchased. I bought a second one so you can see I am pretty happy with the first one. I find the power supply to be very adequate for the price I paid.
Published on March 31, 2007 by Herbert L. Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Today my seldom used Smart Power 400 PSU started smoking
I woke up (turns out after a capacitor exploded) choking on plastic burning/melting think smoke. Nothing like waking up in a panic not knowing WTheck is going on.

OMG I've had the windows and doors open for hours (WINTER here isn't less than 20 degrees out) trying to air out this stench. GRRRR!

This has me pretty concerned. What if I wasn't home...
Published on March 6, 2011 by Bdubslawman

1.0 out of 5 stars Today my seldom used Smart Power 400 PSU started smoking, March 6, 2011
Bdubslawman (Wisconsin United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-400 400-Watt Power Supply Unit (Personal Computers)

This has me pretty concerned. What if I wasn't home? Thankfully I had this plugged into an UPS, that shut down as a result of it getting a huge ? power demand... It showed an blinking error LED as "overloaded"

IF not there's no telling whether plugged into a normal outlet it would have tripped the circuit breaker or not? I've heard of people PSU's catching on fire but this was one scary way to wake up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-400 400-Watt Power Supply Unit, March 31, 2007
Herbert L. Williams "Old Timer" (Hot Springs Village, AR USA) - See all my reviews

Rate and Discover Movies