4.0 out of 5 stars A alternative to commercial cable service costs
This purchase was part of a project to save money on cable company bills, which previously were adding up to almost $150/month for internet service, cable programming and converter box. The solution gives me high-definition TV for over $100/month less. I ordered the Antennas Direct CLEARSTREAM4 Antenna and the 75 Cm J-mount/mast to attach the antenna to my roof eave. I...
Published on April 12, 2009 by N. Waters

3.0 out of 5 stars Size is wrong
I had previously ordered and received the DB4e antenna from Amazon. I wanted to get the antenna before ordering the mast,since I wanted to check to get the length needed to get the antenna above the copper flashing on my chimney.

The 30" inches mount would have been sufficient for me. I checked the manufacturer's web site and found the technical specification...
Published on July 12, 2012 by Stan

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs better instructions, May 31, 2008
P. Metz (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Antennas Direct STM-715 30-Inch Antenna J-Mount (Electronics)
This antenna mast has a good build quality and seems sturdy enough. My only complaint is that the enclosed assembly and installation instructions were very poor and lacking in detail. It included anchors and screws that I couldn't figure out how or where to use, and I ended up using alternate bolts that I had on hand.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mast is too wide and screws are not sturdy, April 19, 2010
maurice (BROOKLYN, NY, US) - See all my reviews
I have a WInegard HD 1080 that calls for a maximum mast diameter of 2". This is 2" so it makes for a tight fit and may lead to mis alignment of the spacers that hold 2 sides of the antenna together. In fact, my antenna recently stopped working and I suspect that this mis alignment may have something to do with that. Also, i mounted this on a vertical side wall. The instructions isslustrate mounting on a horizntal flat surface. I'm pretty handy but it still took me 15 minutes to figure out the 2 carriage bolts that are needed to make this stand vertically. Then, after it was installed, I needed to bend the antenna down to reach behind it, I swiveled it down and sheared off one of the bolts. I went to the store, bought a few more of 1/4 size and the new ones are heavier, sturdier, thicker, longer and all around a better bolt to use than the thinner ones that came with the mount. Bottom line, it does the job , the mast itself is heavy and sturdy, but the instructions are non existent, and the hardwars for mounting is cheap. Be handy or this is a waste of money for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars tv mast, January 25, 2009
just as advertised. All fittings included. Vertical tube a bit short, but easy to extend with piping or conduit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertized, December 8, 2008
Ron (Forest, VA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Bought this with a Clearstream4 antenna. Use it to mount the antenna in the attic, and it works very well for that purpose. It would also work well as the mount external to the house, but I did not need the extra signal strength that external mounting would have supplied. I would definitely recommend this to go along with a Clearstream antenna, although it would work just as well with any antenna type.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, June 30, 2014
I wish it was a little longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Size is wrong, June 4, 2014
Jake (Everett, WA) - See all my reviews
The description says it is 30" by 1" pole. This is indeed not the case. It is a 1 5/8" OD pipe. I'm sure it would work fine if you don't need a pipe smaller than that. I specifically ordered this mount because it said it is 1", as the antenna I have can fit a maximum 1" pipe. As someone else mentioned it also is not quite 30" long. That was not a concern for me, but the OD was.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, April 10, 2013
Does exactly what it's supposed to do, but do keep in mind, for flat, square antennas, if you're not mounting this right near the peak of your roof line, you might want something a little longer... especially when you need clearance to point your antenna in the direction you want/need.

Quick, easy, painless to install.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Mast. Worked great in my attic., July 2, 2012
Luke "USMC" (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I used this to mount the ClearStream 5 antenna in my attic. It works perfect, is fairly straight forward to install and easy to adjust. The hardware of the ClearStream5 fits perfectly with this mast. Only caution to potential ClearStream5 buyers is that if you intend to connect an additional antenna get a longer antenna mast as the ClearStream5 antenna will leave virtually no room to mount an additional antenna.

Quality is good also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Held my antenna up through multiple ice storms, May 2, 2011
Eleanor Rigby (Columbus, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
We had a pretty bad winter, with many ice storms. Antenna and mount held up fine. I installed them into my brick chimney. Love not paying the cable bill!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Product, Great Service!, April 29, 2011
I ordered this antenna mast to go with the ClearStream 4 HDTV antenna that I recently purchased at a local electronics store.
I ordered the mast on Wednesday and received it on Friday, only two days later!!
Now that's what I call service. The mast is extremely durable and looks like it should last a long, long time.
I'm glad to be getting rid of cable. We'll receive the local stations via the outdoor antenna and lots of other entertainment via our Logitech Revue and Apple TV. The phone company is next to go. My wife and I are checking out the VOIP device, Ooma.
Again, thanks Amazon and Ritz Camera for outstanding service and great products! MK New Jersey

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›