4.0 out of 5 stars Great Selections

3.0 out of 5 stars required reading
it was required for a class
Published 5 months ago by Kevin George

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Selections, July 3, 2014
This review is from: The Norton Anthology of American Literature (Shorter Eighth Edition) (Vol. Two-Volume Set) (Paperback)
I would give it a five star rating if I were only rating the content on its own, since it contains more poetry and more short stories than I could ever read through and cherish within a single lifetime. The selections here are wonderful and have helped me discover many authors and works I would have never previously found. It contains more historic knowledge and wisdom than any other standard textbook could ever hope to share. The only problems are the problems that accompany basically all anthologies, the paper is cheap, and it would have been nicer if these volumes were a bit smaller so they'd be easier to hold and read. Otherwise, it's excellent for people who love dense literature along with insightful backgrounds on the author's published in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Books, September 20, 2013
My books came in excellent condition. They are exactly what I was looking for. Plus they are easy to navigate

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and it came quickly, February 4, 2014
The books came very quickly and I liked that they had a plastic seal over them when I got them. They were used, but they looked like they were brand new books. Also it saved me $50 from what I would have had to pay if I got it from my school bookstore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful canon, December 1, 2013
Wonderful to read what to day is considered the canon of American literature in three splendid volumes. Good introductions to each section and pertinent illustrations too.

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, March 16, 2014
This book arrived in good condition and shows no sign of wear and tear. I would definitely recommend for rent or purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, February 13, 2013
I would have perferred it to come with only one book, but it came brand new and in nice packaging

3.0 out of 5 stars required reading, September 10, 2014
it was required for a class

4.0 out of 5 stars Books, January 6, 2014
Mrs. Sallie Parker (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
The Norton Anthology of American Literature was required for class. I haven't used them yet. They did arrive in good condition and promptly.

The Norton Anthology of American Literature (Shorter Eighth Edition)  (Vol. Two-Volume Set)
$67.31