4.0 out of 5 stars Nice size for 'bottles'
Published on November 23, 2008 by F. R. Berdy

2.0 out of 5 stars poor customer service
I received this item poorly packaged and contents were scuffed and jumbled. It was meant for a gift and looked like a returned product. When I emailed the company to complain, they never responded.
Published on January 15, 2009 by Sunshine Boy

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice size for 'bottles', November 23, 2008
This review is from: Anthon Berg Dark Chocolate Liqueurs with Original Spirits - 64 pcs. Gift Box (2.2 lbs) (Misc.)
I used to purchase liquor-filled chocolate bottles for X-mas for quite a few years. They were excellent and hoped to get them THIS year. The product web site was being upgraded so I had to 'settle' for these. What a nice surprise to find that they truly were NOT 'second best' These 'bottles' were much larger than the ones I used to get, hence, more liquor filling. I'm not that familiar with all the true tastes of the different 'spirits' but I felt they were all very good. I'd recommend these to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, March 18, 2010
MIGS (United States) - See all my reviews
We had received the Anthon Berg 64 piece Chocolate Liqueurs with Original Spirits as a gift for Christmas 2008. When I saw these on Amazon I ordered them for my mother right away (for Christmas 2009). The price was very competitive, best I'd seen actually, and we already knew the chocolates were superb. Well, there was a problem with almost all of the chocolates arriving damaged which dries them out. I made a remark on Amazon and the Candy Shoppe contacted me to get in touch with them. I'd like to mention that The Candy Shoppe was professional, polite and cheerful, explaining to me that in an effort to be more "green" they were working out issues finding suitable packaging. That's understandable and commendable. What was even more impressive was that they had my replacement order packed and shipping WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THEM. The chocolates arrived undamaged and as delicious as we remembered them. We will most definitely be buying from them again in the future when we are looking for this wonderful product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Choc Spirits, January 14, 2008
Very good product, was surprised at the very good condition of the item's
arrival, nothing broken or leaking.
Bought item for my wife for Christmas and have had to hide it from friends
to have any left for her.
Would buy this item again.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like certain flavored liquors and "dark" chocolate..., February 4, 2012
Anthon Berg Chocolate Liquor Bottles 64CT Box is good for those who like certain flavored liquor and DARK chocolate. I prefer milk chocolate over dark. But still enjoyed these treats. There is real liquid filled liquor inside which is very runny so do not bite in half unless you plan to wear some of the liquor.

The following are the 8 "spirits/liquors" included in package:
1) Malibu Caribbean Rum with Coconut
2) Remy Martin Fine Champagne Conac V*S*O*P
3) Danzka Cranberyraz Vodka of Denmark
4) Spirito Italiano Galliano Vanilla
5) Grand Marnier (Triple Orange)
6) Borghetti Di Vero Caffe' Espresso
7) Sauza Tequila Gold
8) Cutty Sark Scots Whisky

I had hoped for Kahlua as I once had with Anthon Berg Chocolate Liquor before. But there was no list to go by this time, nor did I realize it was dark chocolate.

But like it or not, the taste grows on you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum, December 13, 2007
These are freakin amazing. The Grand Mariner alone is worth the cost. Buy one for yourself, and one for the rest of the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift, December 7, 2011
I was very worried how this would arrive, whether the chocolate would be broken or all over the place. This box includes a few trays that serve as crates for the mini bottles. The crates are slid into the box as if it were a shelf. It was like the equivalent of an egg in an egg carton. When I opened it, the bottom tray had its chocolates fallen out. The other trays had their chocolate secured. Needless to say I freaked out a little bit and inspected all of the bottles. The chocolate is thick and did not break...for any of them! The presentation of each bottle is very cute and not cheap looking at all. The packaging came in a 1st class, prefect fit, package.

4.0 out of 5 stars Contents not as listed, but still looks and tastes great!, December 1, 2010
Received this today. I purchased it as a gift so I won't be able to rate it for tastiness until Christmas, but I did want to note that the included liquors are not as listed in the description. While it does include the Cointreau, the Grand Marnier, the Cutty Sark, the Jack Daniels', and the Galliano, the other three are different than what is described. The description says the other three are Danzka Cranberyraz Vodka, Drambuie, and Borghetti, but instead they are Sauza Tequila Gold, Malibu Caribbean Rum, and Southern Comfort. Just be aware.

Updated 1/1/11: We ate some of these last night, trying the Galliano, the Cointreau, the Grand Marnier, and the Malibu Caribbean Rum. The foil on the bottles looks great and is easy to remove without looking cheap. Tiny and adorable. The bottles are made with a very smooth and delicious dark chocolate which I really enjoyed, almost needed some milk to wash that down. I spilled just a little of the liquor when I got to that part of the bottle, but my husband didn't spill anything, so it's not a constant. I loved the Galliano and Grand Marnier chocolates; the flavors of the liqueurs went great with the chocolate and the Galliano was only a little boozy. My husband liked the Malibu Caribbean Rum, but found the Cointreau to be a bit too strongly boozy for his tastes.

Love these, would absolutely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!!, January 14, 2012
These are tastey, fresh chocolates and very different treats. The added benefit is when its cold outside, place one in a cup of hot coco or into a great cup of coffee for a great treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best we've had!, January 17, 2011
I ordered these for our family Christmas celebration after reading other positive reviews - and they are great! The similar chocolates I ordered year before last were okay but the Anton Berg chocolates were "gourmet". You can actually taste, and discern, the liqueurs in each one and the chocolate alone is delicious. I was especially pleased at the quantity as well as the quality for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Christmas or New Year's, December 23, 2013
These came fast, they were all in tact. I tried a few flavors and they are very good. Almost twice the size of the VS Cordials. These were good amount of liquid centers. The VS centers were more gel like. Would make great hostess gist, give away party favors. I only wish they still had Malibu Rum and Jack Daniels, but the choices available are good.
I have to put this on my yearly list, especially for holidays.