5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Product, But There Are Others!
Published 8 months ago by edcaroleg

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible.
Published 20 months ago by RobS

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Product, But There Are Others!, October 30, 2013
This review is from: Anthony's Almonds Blanched Almond Flour, 100% Gluten Free, 5 lbs (Misc.)
We ordered this 5# Anthony's almond flour and 5# Honeyville almond meal at the same time to determine which of the two produces better results in our Paleo recipes. We had heard that both were good products. We could not determine that one was better than the other. They had the same texture, flavor, color and density. Almond bread was excellent with either as were almond cookies, muffins, and several other recipes that contained almond flour.

We hope this sample was typical of both products so that in the future we will order the one with the lowest cost (and expect good results)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparable to Honeyville Farms, Satisfied with Results, July 28, 2013
Regularly go through 5lbs of almond flour every 3 weeks or so. Always had bought Honeyville Farms 5lb bags but last time I went to order they were not offering free shipping so I tried Anthony's (which was cheaper and had free Super Saver shipping) and was happy with product. Going to buy another bag now. (Honeyville seems to have free shipping again but I'll stick with Anthony's which is still a dollar cheaper)

5.0 out of 5 stars Moist and Delicious, August 8, 2012
First time trying this product, 5lb bag, and I was more than impressed. The flour is finely diced and clean white in color as it is blanched.

Used it for a gluten-free brownie recipe and for baking some simple breads and macarons - Taste came out perfect. Definitely noticed a difference when compared to almond meal (which used the skin of the almond). Unblanched almond flour simply does not work for baking IMO.

Product got shipped within hours of ordering as well - fedex ground ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic price; excellent results, November 28, 2012
I took off one star only because almond flours can provoke very strong responses; everybody likes something a bit different. For me, this brand worked very well and was the best value so far. I've been paleo for a couple of years and have baked many scores of things -- muffins, cakes, crackers, cookies, brownies, etc.--using coconut and almond flours, if any flours at all. This flour gave me the same results as every other brand that has a comparable fineness of milling. Good flavor and texture, and a much better price than others. Will repurchase as long as it's available.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but very coarse, February 10, 2014
I am a pastry chef and use almond flour often for French Macarons. I have been using Honeyville almond flour for awhile but when the price spiked, I decided to try Anthonys. Anthonys isn't bad but it is very coarse so I end up having to grind it in the food processor before I use it. For a few bucks more, I think I'll stick to Honeyville to avoid the extra step!

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Almond Flour, April 1, 2013
I normally purchase the Red Mill brand, but decided to try this since it was cheaper per pound. I'm highly satisfied with its quality. The flour seems finer and less gritty. Taste is excellent. Will definitely be purchasing this again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible., November 16, 2012
RobS "Rob" (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
I recently moved over to a Paleo diet, not so much from choice but as a necessity. The conversion has been rough, not so much the giving up sugar as it was giving up grains. I miss pizza, muffins, etc., and I was pretty happy to learn that I could use Almond Flour to try and get pretty close to regular flour. Initially I went out and bought Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour, 16-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4), used it and made some blueberry muffins. They came out great. The texture was good, the taste was good. The price however was horrible.

I searched Amazon.com. The reviews for Anthony's Almond Flour looked good and of course the price was VERY good. I ordered,it came in the mail, well packaged and sealed, and I on the spot went to making those muffins I mentioned from earlier, same recipe.

The texture however came out...odd. The Muffins this round did not cook as well as the last batch. Not that I care too much what the food looks like as long as it is good. However the taste was BAD. I am not a picky eater and tried to finish off ONE muffin. Could not do it. Reminded me of those old stories of food packaging places cutting the flour with sawdust to make it go farther. It was that bad.

Now I see this product is currently, of the time of this review, not available. Makes me suspect of the product and all the other reviews. But this part is just subjective, I can say that Anthony's Almond Flour did not cook well and tasted horrible. Not bad enough for me to think it was stale, but bad enough to not want to ever use it again.

I will try some other brands, as well as trying to home make some Almond Flour and see how it comes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, June 24, 2013
Now that I'm Paleo I love using this product in so many of my recipes. Thanks for a good, very fine, product.

5.0 out of 5 stars flour, June 5, 2013
Good buy for the price. I found the flour to be exceptional. The package arrived on time and was packaged properly. Using the flour often so I am sure I will be back for more in the near future.

1.0 out of 5 stars i wouldnt buy it again, September 5, 2013
i always used almond flour by Honeyville Grains, i thought i would give another brand a try. i was disappointed and annoyed with the quality of the product. it was very coarsely grind and had a greasy damp texture to it too. i wished i could return it back to amazon!

Rate and Discover Movies