5.0 out of 5 stars Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity Book
Great book! Kottak gives a lot of detail about all four fields of Anthropology. Examples of cultures around the world are used which gives the reader glimpses into many different types of cultures. Definitely a good book for anyone who might be interested in getting into anthropology!
Published on November 30, 2011 by Clinton J. Freeman

1.0 out of 5 stars no page numbers
Published on April 7, 2012 by LIbby L.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars no page numbers, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity (Paperback)
I bought this book as a kindle for PC book for my Anthropology course. Everything seems alright until I am told to read certain pages of the book, come to find out the kindle for PC version has no page numbers. It only has locations which are far from helpful, due the quantity of them and no way of knowing what parts of the book are associated with that location. I wanted to get the actual book after finding this out but now I discover I can't return kindle books after 7 days, and I'm not going to spend a total of $210 for an eBook which is hard to read and a big thick physical text book, both of which I won't use after this course. If you need this as a text book for a class, I recommend just going with the physical copy in some way, stay away from this eBook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity Book, November 30, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars good overview for what it is, November 2, 2010
David "DS" (Eastern Seaboard) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity (Paperback)
Books like this are a good start to appreciating human diversity, which goes way beyond what we imagine possible, in our Newtonian/Cartesian world view. I do so love Anthropology. I like this book. Other people say what they say. I like reviews that mention similar books, at least books on the same path, so I do that. If you want to go further with diversity of what is possible, other books, Urban Shaman, The Future Is Yours: Do Something About It!, Redneck Shaman, Lost Secrets of Ancient Hawaiian Huna, Volume 1, ThetaHealing can be helpful; all are written by Americans, in a distinctly nonacademic way. Grandfather is an intro to a different kind of world, as isWhispers of the ncients: Native Tales for Teaching and Healing in Our Time, and House of Shattering Light: Life as an American Indian Mystic, or Journey to the Ancestral Self: The Native Lifeway Guide to Living in Harmony With Earth Mother, Book 1 (Bk.1). Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives is a very superficial discussion of what indigenous spiritual apprenticeship could be. Wong Kiew Kit's books show some unusual survivals of nonwestern ideas in Chinese culture. Joseph Murphy The Power of Your Subconscious Mind gives some idea of just how diverse even just America can be. This book is a good start, like a tourist guide to human diversity. I have to say I enjoyed Dr. Kottak's classes immensely, he is a very entertaining speaker, in addition to having a lot of knowledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a introductory class!, September 5, 2012
This review is from: Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity (Paperback)
When I started reading this book, I honestly could not put it down. Kottak provides a very easy to read introductory text with a number of interesting pictures and diagrams that give the reader a basic idea of what exactly anthropologists study. The book covers a wide range of topics, from how to conduct ethnographic research to primate evolution. If you have even the slightest interest in learning about anthropology, I suggest that you start with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Took the Intro to Anthropology class at my University., May 6, 2013
This review is from: Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity (Paperback)
A required textbook is a required textbook! I bought the textbook in the non-hardcover form and used which saved me a good chunk of money!
If you find anthropology interesting, the material will probably be easier to grasp and embed.

Also remember to compare the prices of your bookstore and here. Buying it here might be the way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars What i asked for, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity (Paperback)
I needed this book for my class but I didn't need the price other places were selling it for. Every page was there I don't see any heavy highlighter marking and although it is clearly used it is in wonderful shape no complaints here! Thanks I saved a lot of money and it shipped earlier than expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, June 4, 2014
This review is from: Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity (Paperback)
Used this textbook to take and score well on the DSST General Anthropology exam. The text is well laid out, covers a broad range of the various types of anthropology. It gave me a good general understanding of the subject.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good shape for a used book., October 14, 2013
This review is from: Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity (Paperback)
A lot of people in my anthropology class spent a lot of money foe this book, but I'm happy I found it here for less. The quality is good. Neat, clean, and good shipment time frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal., February 20, 2014
This review is from: Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity (Paperback)
I didn't want to go through my school bookstore because it was such a rip off. This was just the right price and the book was in great condition. Arrived earlier than expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, Thank you!, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity (Paperback)
I am happy with the purchase of this book. I had already began my college courses and needed the book as soon as possible, and it arrived shortly after the order, thank you!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity
Anthropology: Appreciating Human Diversity by Conrad Phillip Kottak (Paperback - February 4, 2010)
Used & New from: $69.99