5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a fantastic anthropology text
I used this text for an Intro to Anthropology course, and I loved it. I'll start by pointing out that I love anthropology to start with. I'm currently taking a General Cultural Anthropology course, and my Intro course in tandem with this textbook made for a great preparation for the greater depth in my current course.

This text covers all of the main branches...
Published 7 months ago by Curt C

3.0 out of 5 stars i just needed it for school
it was sent to me in great condition but i just need a textbook for class.you need to know if its for your class but well put together.
Published 13 months ago by Dookie

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a fantastic anthropology text, March 13, 2014

This text covers all of the main branches of anthropology. Biological/physical anthropology is covered extensively, linguistics is given a comprehensive treatment, and the various aspects of cultural anthropology make up the rest of the text. This book is incredibly thorough. There are times that the chapters can seem to drag on a little bit, but that's only because there's so much great information packed into one text. Anthropology is an incredibly broad field, but this text does a great job of touching on all of the main areas and goes into a sufficient amount of depth for an introductory course.

This book is a keeper. As I mentioned, I'm taking a General Cultural Anthropology course currently, and I've found myself referencing back to this book on several occasions to look up certain concepts, review alternate definitions, and review alternate perspective. This is the kind of book that many people will want to hang on to even after the course is over.

3.0 out of 5 stars i just needed it for school, September 18, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, Required or Otherwise!, February 21, 2013
Mark De Los Gatos (Madison, Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
For me, a young student of anthropology, nothing is better than cracking the spine of a good anthro textbook. In Scupin's "Anthropology", we learn of the disciplines of anthropology as a science, are exposed to different cultures around the world and their peoples, and shown professionals that document dazzling arrays of realities as they unfold before their eyes and cameras.

Great book for Intro to Anthropology, or for those who are considering Anthropology as a field, hobby, or interest.

Anthropology: A Global Perspective Plus MyAnthroLab with eText -- Access Card Package (7th Edition)
$190.47 $161.69