Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 9, 2014
I quickly got tired of the thin factory Lumix strap from my new Panasonic FZ200 cutting into the back of my neck, so I decided to take a risk on this strap in light of the several reviews stating it is too short. For the price of around 8 bucks shipped, I guess I can't complain because I got it to work, but I can't imagine why the manufacturer wouldn't have spent the extra 10 cents and made the nylon strap maybe 3-4" longer on each side.

DESCRIPTION:

The strap is neoprene on one side (the kind of material that a can cooler is made from) and a soft textured rubber on the other side that provides a good grip on one's shoulder. The ends of the padded portion of the strap have a vinyl cap about 1.75" long sewn on that anchors where the nylon strap is attached. Dimensions of the padded portion of the strap (from beginning of nylon strap to beginning of nylon strap), is 20.5". Each thin, non-padded nylon strap attached to either end of the padded portion of the strap is 14.5" long and about 3/8" (actually, exactly 9mm) wide. The nylon straps' buckles are plastic and could use a bit sharper teeth to prevent the strap from slipping.

PROS:

- The strap seems well-made, with reinforced stitching everywhere one might expect it would be needed and I think it will last for years.

- The strap is comfortable and provides a good amount of cushioning, with no sharp seams or edges that would be annoying on the neck. I think it is wide enough and supportive enough for most amateur photographers with a megazoom P&S camera or typical DSLR and ordinary lenses, but someone sporting a pro-level DSLR with a hefty lens weighing several pounds might want a wider, sturdier strap. Personally, if I was toting around $3000 or more of camera and lens, I'd have a bigger, beefier, more expensive strap, but I think this one would be fine for most amateurs.

- The strap grips nicely on the soft rubber part

- The strap is fairly compact for an adequately padded strap. My FZ200 is a fairly close fit in my LowePro bag, and I was worried that a big, bulky strap wouldn't fit and would poke out of my bag, but this strap doesn't take up too much room and is a good fit.

CONS:

- The big con is that the two nylon straps on either side of the main padded portion of the strap are at least 3" to 4" too short to let the camera hang to a normal level (which I'll say is a few inches above one's belt buckle) and probably should be 6" longer. If one left about 3" of excess strap beyond the buckle, for purposes of security in case it began to slip through the buckle, the straps would be significantly too short and the camera would hang about mid-chest height, maybe 6" under one's chin, far too high. Lengthening up the straps to let the camera hang at lower, more typical height will result in too little excess strap hanging out of the buckle to be secure against slippage.

- The buckle should have teeth in it to keep the strap from slipping, but it does not really have this - there is a ridged area, but I wouldn't trust it to hold the strap securely without a fair amount of extra strap dangling out the edge of the buckle.

CONCLUSION:

Great strap except it's too short - no one wants their camera securely attached but dangling just under their chin, or else hanging at a reasonable level a few inches above one's belt, but not be secure.

HOWEVER, there is a reasonable and inexpensive solution: I fed the nylon strap through the buckles so it had maybe 3/4" sticking out and found that this would let the camera hang at a reasonably low and normal enough position. Then, I took a small safety pin on each side of the strap and pinned the nylon strap back to itself so it couldn't slip back through the buckle. The safety pin lies pretty flat, isn't obtrusive or that noticeable, and this fix works so that for the eight or nine bucks I paid for this strap with shipping, it works very well, the way I hoped it would. I wouldn't trust this strap with my camera without doing something to keep the end of the strap from slipping through the buckle, though. One could knot up the end of the strap or melt it into a blob bigger than the buckle opening, but I think my solution is a better combination of non-permanence and unobtrusiveness.
VINE VOICEon February 25, 2014
I ordered my camera reconditioned and it didn't include the strap, so I sent for this one. It is perfect. It's strong, light, and flexible. I don't have to worry about dropping this little travel treasure anymore.
on November 5, 2015
This strap is EXACTLY what I was looking for! My Canon PowerShot SX520 HS came with a really skimpy strap with zero cushioning. While I love my camera, wearing it around my neck was pretty uncomfortable for any length of time. I wanted to find something with at least some padding that didn’t break the bank and was (hopefully) cute as well. I couldn’t believe it when I stumbled across this strap for $2.99+$2.98 shipping! It is just cushy enough without being overly bulky (neoprene, as stated) and appears to be of excellent quality. I can’t yet vouch for how long it will hold up as I just got it, but it seems to be very well constructed and comfortable to wear, and seriously, for the price? If it doesn’t hold up forever, I’m not going to be too put out, and will just order another! There were several different color options, and I might go back and get a few more for back-ups or gifts! I chose the pink and purple one, and it looks just like the advertised picture. It is exactly the right length to wear around the neck with room for adjustment either way (seems like I read in a review or two that it was on the short-side), but this might be in reference to trying to wear it as a shoulder strap where it hits at your hip. It is probably a bit short to cross-body it (at least with my measurements!) and doesn’t easily stay on my shoulder one-sided, but I honestly can’t see the usefulness of having a camera handy that way anyway, so that does not bother me at all. The parts of the strap that connect to the actual camera are a tiny touch wide for the slots of my camera, but with a very small amount of finagling to get them in, they worked just fine. Regarding shipping and processing time, I ordered this strap late on 11/2, it shipped from CA 11/3 and I received it by 11/5 (and possibly even by the 4th as it snowed where I am and I didn’t check the box until the afternoon of the 5th!). Overall, I am VERY impressed with the purchase and would make it again in a heartbeat!
review image
This strap is NOT for heavier cameras, which are typically the more expensive pro/semi-pro models like the Canon 5D, 6D, 7D, 60D, 70D, and XXD series, which cost upwards of 1000, 2000, or 3000. Do not entrust your expensive camera and lens with this strap. It may look nice and it may be very comfortable, but the construction is woefully inadequate for supporting a heavier camera and lens setup (e.g. 7D II and 400mm f/5.6).

The strap ripped on the very first use. The nylon strap detached from the neoprene portion (see pictures). From the pictures, you can see that only a very short length of the nylon strap (about 1/2") is sewn to the neoprene. The result: a moderately heavy tug is enough to rip the nylon strap from the neoprene. This is very, very disappointing, since this strap is very comfortable.

With this strap, your camera is literally hanging on by a thread. The only cameras I would entrust this strap to is a lightweight point and shoot or a Holga or Diana. For a heavier camera and lens setup, I'd definitely advise you to steer clear of this one, especially if you value your expensive camera and lenses.

I've been shooting since the film days and I've never had a stock strap do this. If you want a padded strap, consider sewing a piece of neoprene to your stock Canon or Nikon strap. The stock straps are a one-piece construction, hence strong. The only strap I've found that's a one-piece construction _and_ neoprene-padded is the Foto&Tech Padded Neck Shoulder Strap but this one is very short (only 41" when configured at its absolute maximum length).

---
Once again, if you have a heavier camera setup, you want to steer clear of this one.
review image review image
on April 8, 2015
I have been eyeing this camera strap for some time now and finally made this purchase. Dear God, why didn't I buy this sooner?!?! This camera strap is not only pretty, but it is SO incredibly soft around your neck. The generic camera strap that came with the purchase of my Nikon was so scratchy and left marks around the base of my neck. Not being able to "touch before I buy" made me hesitant to purchase this online but now I am only sorry I didn't buy this sooner. Worth every penny and then some.
on October 28, 2015
I just got this camera and am very excited about it, but the strap it comes with leaves something to be desired. The strap is thin and cuts into the back of your neck after only a minute or two.

I was skeptical about this product because it's priced so low, but I can honestly say I'm very impressed! It came quickly, and the quality feels great. It really looks and feels that it's built well, and it's SO comfortable. On top of that, it's very nice looking. Very happy with it so far. I haven't had a chance to use it on a lengthy photo shoot yet but from wearing it around to test it out, I love it! It's good for male or female, and my fiancé says he'd use it too, and likes the color.

As for the comments about it being too short, I've seen longer ones but to be honest the length doesn't bother me. I think it's at an appropriate height. If you are really tall, it's possible it won't be at a comfortable height for you, so just keep that in mind.

I would have given this a great review even if it were priced higher, because I believe it is a quality product. But now that I have it I can really say that for the quality, this price is a steal. Grab it while you can!
on June 17, 2016
Best camera strap ever. I cannot even begin to describe how awesome this camera strap is. Purchased it on a whim and due to the cheap price, but it turned out to be a worthwhile investment. Extremely comfortable and easily adjustable. Provides good support and doesn't dig into your neck. Bought if for my canon camera and it really helped me on my day trips.
on October 10, 2015
I have a Panasonic HC-V770 camcorder and was trying to find a neck strap for it even though there are not attachment points on the camcorder for a neck strap; the hand-hold grip is the only option with this camcorder, which is probably true of most personal-size units today. I spent a lot of time online searching for a strap but was unable to find one that I thought would "do the trick" until I found this one. Given that there are no points on the camcorder designed for a strap, I needed a strap that was small enough on the ends to loop around the hand grip in order to connect to the camcorder without at the same time interfering with hand grip. The Birugear strap seems to do the job in that I have been able to attach it. I have not used the camcorder yet with the strap attached, but it looks like it will work ok. In terms of actually attaching the strap, one has to undo the small clips that are located at the ends of the strap. They were a bit tricky in terms of threading the strap through them after attaching the strap to the camcorder. Nothing unusual these days for these small clips. Just a bit tricky to be sure one is threading the strap in the correct manner.
on November 16, 2015
Not exactly what I expected. But I didn't pay much for it, so it is fine. I love the blue color, of the strap part - which is fine, but the part that attaches to the camera has frayed ... I can fix it, but not really satisfied with the way it looks.
on January 4, 2016
Love the pink color. Was a little Stretchy, the perfect amount and a nice softness to it. Does not dig into my shoulder like others.
I highly recommend the strap. Great colors, great quality. Very sturdy. I do not worry about anything undoing and losing my Camara.
review image review image review image