5.0 out of 5 stars peaceful house
Published on October 15, 2010 by Mom of 6 good kids

3.0 out of 5 stars got the job done
Published on November 26, 2010 by heatherdianne

5.0 out of 5 stars peaceful house, October 15, 2010
This review is from: Anti-bark Dog Training Shock Control No Barking Collar (Misc.)
We own two Weimaraners emphasis on the "wine". My husband and I had not gotten a good night sleep in two years. They howl and yelp all night unless they are sleeping on our bed which wasn't an option. Our neighbors could hear it too and now they hate us. I was skeptical of barking collars because I spent $150 on one several years ago at Petsmart for our lab that wasn't worth beans.
Since this one was under $10 I decided said why not and gave it a try. We are now sleeping like babies.
I haven't had problems with it going off for no reason. In fact if they wine softly enough the collar won't react, it has to be a significant bark/yelp. It beeps every time they receive a shock and I can hear the beep from the garage wile watching TV in my living room, so I know its working fine. However, I think I would only put this on medium to large dogs.
They have been less vocal during the day when they aren't wearing the collars and that's a real plus too.

Update***The batteries run out quick, but that's something I have heard about other barking collars too. So stock up on batteries!

2014 update*** It's been so long I almost forget we ever used this. We only had to use it for a few months and the dogs were trained. So its good to keep in mind that you won't have to use it forever.

3.0 out of 5 stars got the job done, November 26, 2010
I read a lot of reviews on a lot of products before buying this one. It seemed to have the best rating. I did agree with a lot of other comments though. i have a 14 pound miniature daschund and the box is quite bulky for him. I did like that it seemed to have worked after 2 episodes. what I didn't like were the episodes. The first one I got bit. the tone was set off several times by either his tags hitting the box or me talking. The shock setting are low and high, which doesn't say a lot. the first time he ignored the tones and got shocked he was very upset and I ended up getting bit trying to get the collar off. the shock didn't seem to stop until i took the collar off. The 2nd time he ignored the tone it shocked him, stopped, then continued to tone and shock based on his cries and my other dog being upset and barking at him. On the bright side, it seems to have worked, but I was not happy to see the effect. Also like other reports, the battery does not last long at all, 2 weeks and it is dead, but showing him the collar if he barks seems to stop him.

1.0 out of 5 stars wind activated bark collar, March 9, 2012
we purchased this dog collar, for the obvious reason, put it on our dog at night, and there was no sound that came from her at all. the next morning being a saturday we thought it weird she didn't even try to bark to tell us to come feed her etc.. here it was 9 o clock the next day and we go out there she is just wimpering tears all over her face she is just cowering afraid to move and we hear the beeping and the shock sounds just shocking her constantly!! it turns out that if you blow on it ( the wind, which is always outside) the wind activates the shock as if she were barking. Our dog was tortured for a full 12 hours tortured for no reason of course she didn't try to bark she didn't understand what the hell was going on . I was so distraught and angry, and am actually writing my firt review, just to keep other poor doggies from the same misfortune. Yeah, I only paid 7$ so it's not even worth the hassle of returning. but this is a terrible product. spend more money to get something that actually works the way you want it to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, February 16, 2013
Very cheap and you get what you pay for. stupid thing was shocking my dog for scratching his ear. Would go off for no reason at all. And mind you I just got it today and only had it on him for 15 mins and he didnt bark once but got shocked 5 times in 15 mins. DO NOT GET THIS AT ALL

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, January 12, 2011
I read the reviews on this item. Most of the complaints were due to the battery going dead. The battery is very easy and cheap to replace. It is a bit over sensitive and I had to put it on low, it still beeped allot and I had to remove it due to the fact it was zapping my dog even when he wan't barking. The 2 short periods of time my dog did wear the collar worked so well that I may never have to use the collar again. He has been perfectly quite. Something scolding him never did. Im very glad I bought the collar. I would however not recommend leaving it on for long periods of time since it is sensitive and may over shock your dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 15, 2011
Product works great! I haven't had any problems with battery life. It beeps a short time for first bark, longer beep for sencond bark only if there is a third bark within a short period does it beep then shock your dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! I've had 2 for about a year- still working fine- ordered another for new dog, November 5, 2012
I bought one about a year ago since I figured it was worth gambling the dollar and shipping to get this as opposed to sinking big money into an expensive collar... I bought a cheap 10 pack of batteries too. It worked. I ordered another for the other dog. It worked too. Fast forward about a year. A dog wandered up half-starved and adopted us... She's great. But, she was barking. All. Night. Long. I can sleep through incoming mortar attacks, but I cannot sleep through rapid-fire-machine-gun-barking. She wouldn't stop. Tireless. Part Cylon or something... seriously. Great guard dog- sweet to us, and very intimidating to anyone who is not us. However, I needed some sleep, so I dusted off one of the old collars, stretched it out to max (she's a big puppy so it's a snug fit- but not too tight thankfully- hence the pending order for a new one) and snagged the last battery from the cheap 10 pack I got... it worked. I slept.

I was originally on the fence about getting a bark collar, but the need for sleep won out. It's nothing too bad; it's just a reminder to the dog (who can be over-excited at a little rustle, having long-distance bark-a-thons with dogs miles away, or OH LOOK A SQUIRREL! THE CAT IN THE WINDOW! OMG THE LEAF MOVED! barkbarkbarkbarkbark) that they shouldn't incessantly bark. Barking all night can't be good for them. You try it. This was better for everyone. A year on, the collars are still doing the job. Way more than I expected. Now if we could just get politicians to wear them...

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't measure barking, January 14, 2011
The collar just measures loud noises before it goes off not whether or not an actual bark occurred like the PetSafe unit. So if you have multiple dogs and only one has a barking problem, it could shock the dog if another dog barks or if there is just a loud noise. It also eats up batteries and they are not regular 9V. We did find it useful for training other behaviors. You can just hold the collar on the dog and yell "bad".

5.0 out of 5 stars No Barking Anti Bark Dog Shock Control Collar, December 27, 2012
It came with a battery and the packaging was plain, but the quality exceeded the packaging. very happy with this product.Well worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware - Read and Heed, July 21, 2011
Get what you pay for. Product arrived in lightweight packaging and product instructions were in broken English grammar and printed on a sheet of paper. Having grown up in China, I knew right there what I was dealing with but thought I would give it a try. After several weeks, the product didn't appear to work consistently. I removed the collar and found an infected wound (hole) around the size of a quarter on the dog's neck. On the 4th of July, I chose to forgo holiday festivities for a 2 hour trip to the vet ER to have the wound treated. The cost was over $280
After this I contacted the seller multiple times and presented that the dog was injured and I was willing to deal with him in person since the return address he provided was walking distance from my house. After some prodding he finally provided that he wanted to send the product back to China for 'testing' and asked me to tell him how a 'shock collar' could injure my dog. When I asked repeatedly if he was willing to cover the cost of my vet bills he kept returning to his quality testing of the unit. Based on this evasiveness , less than pleasant tone and non-response to my repeated questioning if he was willing to cover the bills, I grew tired and contacted the host site and filed claim.
If you care about your pets, buy a good quality product.

Anti-bark Dog Training Shock Control No Barking Collar