on December 12, 2007
Verified Purchase
I've been a Spurs fan since David Robinson was drafted by the team back in 1989. Prior to that, I had no allegiance to any other team. That five-year-old in me really believed that I would be in position to see my favorite player, and team, win championships. Sadly, that wasn't the case for many years.

Sure the Spurs improved greatly with David, but a couple years before Duncan came along, the team was the laughing stock of the league again. But when Tim Duncan was drafted, there would be no more embarrassment and only Ws. Thus the title runs began!

Here, in this 8 volume, 16 disc set, you can relive the San Antonio Spurs 16 NBA Finals wins that labeled them a dynasty and the team of the last ten years!

These are the 16, commercial-free, wins in their four NBA Finals trips. Each game will run, approximately, two hours in length with coverage at the beginning, and a quick re-cap at the end, of each game.

However, this set, I feel has a disappointing area in it...what happened to the awesome Spurs players' entrances? I can remember the stunning visuals and music from all four Finals appearances and the 2005 and 2007 entrances are the ones that stick out the most, for me, as being the entrances with the best visuals and music. Everything else is included, but why not the awesome entrances?

I also wish that there was a bonus disc, or some extras added on to each disc, with players and coaches talking about their season that year and that specific Finals appearance.

The 8 volumes come in a very great-looking case but it's only made of really thin stock cardboard. It would have been nice if it was made of much thicker stock.

One more minor gripe, why couldn't we also get the games in which they lost? We, fans, know what the outcome of each NBA Finals appearance was so we wouldn't mind seeing the games in which they lost. The reason for getting those games, as well, is to fully experience those three Finals appearances in which they lost, at least, one game. It would completely bring us back to the 1999, 2003, and 2005 seasons.

But having just the 16 games in which they won is a blessing in and of itself. It's an excellent addition to your four Spurs championships DVDs that the NBA releases a month after each championship. These games will take you back to the glory years of 1999, 2003, 2005, and, just recently, June of 2007! This is a MUST-HAVE set for your Spurs fan and, with Christmas right around the corner, it'll make a great gift! Hopefully, this isn't the last we're going to see of future Spurs championship sets!

GO SPURS GO!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 25, 2007
Verified Purchase
ever wanted to re-live the HORRY GAME? How about Tim Duncan's near Quadruple Double in the finals against the Nets? How about the last game of David Robinson's career or AJ's big shot? Well now you can.

Now if the NBA get's smart enough to release all the games of the Spurs playoff run, including Sean Elliot's Memorial Day Miracle, that would be awesome.
on November 7, 2007
Verified Purchase
This 16 disc collection has all 16 Finals victories from the San Antonio Spurs 4 Championships in their entirety. The packaging has box scores from each game and scoring totals from the 4 quarters, so you can jump right to the pivotal quarter you desire to see and relive again. A must for Die-Hard Spurs Fanatics like myself. Game 5 against Detroit from the 2005 Finals is the gem among jewels in this overdue boxed set honoring the Greatest team from the last 10 years in all of sports. Go Spurs!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 30, 2007
As advertised all 16 games in good quality video, but nothing else. The only wish is they would have used the local broadcasters as the play by play analysis, like they have on the Championship Dvd. However, Van Gundy is hilliarous durning the 2007 championship finals, and I hope he stays in the broadcasting business. Overall it was great to watch the progression of Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. At one point Bill Walton chastizes the Nets for leting a bench player like Manu get one over them, while Parker gets benched for Speedy Claxton. By 2005 Manu is the most popular name for new borns in San Antonio, and in 2007 Manu is apart of the Big 3. Parker of course wins the 2007 Finals MVP. One interesting fact Manu was actually drafted in 1999, makes you wonder what if he had started in 1999 for the Spurs.

If there where extras, the lottery coverage of 1997 for Tim Duncan, proir the the bouncing of the lottery balls to the hype right before San Antonio chooses Tim Duncan and the hat fitting. And though this would be a separate DVD collection these games:

1. Tim Duncan defeating Kobe and Shaq in Game 2 of Conference Semi finals of the 98-99 season. Duncan won that game with 8.9 seconds left down by 1.

2. Sean Elliot's Miracle 3 versus Portland in Game 2 of the Conference finals. (98-99 season)

3. Horry of the Lakers misses a 3 pointer in Game 5 of the Conference Semi finals. (02-03 season)

4. Kerr hits 4 big tres on the Dallas Mavericks in Game 6 of the Conference finals. (02-03 season)

5. Though almost breaking the amount of penalties every called in a game, Parker comes through in OT against the Nuggets in game 4 of the first round (04-05 season)

6. Timmy hits a last second buzzer beater versus the Sonics in game 6 of Conference semi finals (04-05 season). (best playoff series, very competitive it was more like football games)

7. Horry for 3 this time in the 1st round versus the Nuggets in Game 4. (06-07 season)

8. Manu shows he is always clutch versus the Suns in Games 6 of the Conference Semi-finals. (06-07 season)

I didn't mention the finals because NBA Champions edition is, however if they wanted to, Go ahead put Game 5 of 2005 Finals, and either the last games of either of the Spurs finals.

I would perfer a home game versus the Nets or the Pistons, but to be fair there where not many close games when the Spurs are playing at home.

Go Spurs Go, buy this dvd its for any fan of Basketball.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 10, 2009
Verified Purchase
I was really disappointed by this DVD because it only has the games that the spurs WON and only of the finals for each year. I wanted the infamous series with the Lakers when Kobe CRIED once the chump lost after winning three championships in a row and that series was not included at all. I wanted to see the series with Dallas where the benchwarmer Steve Kerr shot three-pointer after three-pointer to save the game. I expected to see the game that San Antonio played against my boys, the Detroit Pistons, and Tim Duncan sat disgusted in himself although they went on to win the series. There was so much more that I wanted to see than just the games that they won in all four championships! I mean, I enjoyed seeing the winning games but if the authors or producers of the DVD had explained that it was only a DVD that showed the winning games then I would not have expected the entire series that mesmerized me year after year. I am an avid Spurs fan because they loose as gracefully as they win. They set the standard as a team for good sportsmanship - unlike my first favorite team, when they are against any team other than the Spurs that is - and I wanted to see it all. I wanted to experience it all again, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I payed almost $100 for this set with shipping included and I was VERY disappointed.
on March 8, 2013
Verified Purchase
This is a must have for any Spurs fan to see all the finals wins on one set that can't be beat, the only problem i have with this set is it didn't have every game from the four championship series only the ones the Spurs won as others have said,but a must own for any Spurs fan,but at this point in 2013 the set can be pretty expensive, in closing i'll stray a little off topic....Thank God for the Spurs my football and hockey team both suck (Bills and Sabres) and my baseball team is erratic at best (Diamondbacks) so the Spurs were the first of my four teams to win a championship and i will never forget that....GO SPURS!!!!
Verified Purchase
The sole possibility of viewing each single game that lifted the San Anotnio Spurs to glory is priceless!

You have to have this if you're a Spurs fan and if you like Basketball overall it's a purchase you won't regret.
on June 23, 2014
Verified Purchase
Absolutely necessary for any Spurs fan out there. The only thing it didn't have was our 5th which was won about 2 weeks after I got this. All the wins from the 4 championships in full
on August 21, 2009
Verified Purchase
Great Dvd box if you are a Spurs fan. Alle the games the Spurs won in each of their finals. Also very cool to have David Robinson one of my idols on dvd.
A must have for a Spurs fan.
on January 2, 2013
Verified Purchase
Ordered this for my significant other and it was a great gift. We used it already and recommend it to others.