Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Any December orders received yet???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2008 3:24:00 PM PST
Shamzee says:
I am just curious... I ordered Dec. 4th, my estimated delivery date is Jan.3rd-Jan. 18th. Has anyone who ordered in December receive their kindle yet???

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 3:31:55 PM PST
Eye-Right says:
I also ordered mine on Dec. 4th. My estimated shipping date is Jan. 16 and estimated delivery date is Jan.17. This information has not changed since the day I ordered.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 4:30:52 PM PST
I also ordered on Dec. 4th and have heard nothing from Amazon about a delivery date!!

Sheri

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 4:49:32 PM PST
Robert White says:
I ordered 11/29/07 and it arrived today.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 5:15:23 PM PST
Shamzee says:
Sheri, To get your estimated shipping date go to this website:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/h.html

After you log in go to:
1.) "Your Account"
2.) "Orders Placed Within the Last 6 Months" for the time period
3.) Find your Kindle order
4.) "Order Details"

And it should give you you estimated shipping and estimated delivery date. Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 6:21:55 PM PST
Howie says:
I ordered mine on December 2nd. On Saturday, my credit card was charged for the Kindle, and the status changed to shipping soon. Unfortunately, the expected arrival date remains January 15th. I am really looking forward to receiving this item, as I am sure you are.

Let's hope we get our units soon!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 6:33:50 PM PST
We ordered on November 28 and it just arrived today. So cool!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 6:52:02 PM PST
My dh ordered Dec 8 and, using the link listed in an earlier post, I see that my expected ship date is Jan 21 and delivery Jan 23!!!!! Yeah!!!!! I didn't see a ship date going to my account the regular way. Thanks for the special url. Amazon should be more direct this info. It's been hard not to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 6:52:02 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 7, 2008 6:52:37 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 4:18:05 AM PST
Shamzee says:
Howie,
Thats awesome news! You ordered two days before me, hopefully that means they are getting to the Dec. shipments now! Hurray!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 2:54:17 PM PST
Ordered Dec 1. Got it today.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 3:31:52 PM PST
IslePilot says:
To the people who have received their units:

Did you receive an email from Amazon telling you to expect the device? Was the shipping date they showed accurate?

Thanks.

it looks like I still have a wait, since I ordered 12/19.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 4:01:02 PM PST
CEU says:
Ordered mine December 1. Just got the notification that it shipped today and the delivery estimate is Thursday. I'm on the west coast of Florida.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 4:47:35 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 9, 2008 4:16:52 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 7:59:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2008 8:00:35 PM PST
W. Koch says:
I tried the url you showed (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/h.html) and it showed an estimated shipping date of 2/18/08 and I ordered on 12/2/07. I called the Amazon Kindle support number and was told they new nothing about the URL you show and that it is not "official", and that NO estimated shipping date is available for my order.

Is this a bogus site is Amazon giving me the "you-know-what"?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 8:20:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2008 8:29:55 PM PST
A. Wilson says:
You can get the same status information by going to http://www.amazon.com from your cell phone. So I would think it wouldn't be bogus. But I'm curious if you changed anything after placing your order because I ordered on Dec.1 and have an estimated ship date of 12/31 to 1/14. Which, by the way, I am STILL in "not shipped yet" status. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2008 10:55:18 PM PST
NatePerk says:
LA, Ca
I haven't received one email thus far from Amazon and I am checking now almost every hour to see if my status changes. I thought things would start to speed up a bit, seeing as it has been out now for more than a month. I have seen on other threads that some Dec. 1 orders haven't even shipped yet!:(
Order Date:
December 5, 2007
Order status:
Not shipped yet
Expected ship date:
January 3, 2008 - January 17, 2008
Estimated delivery date:
January 7, 2008 - January 21, 2008

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 4:09:53 AM PST
Shamzee says:
Woo! Hoo! My order says that it is "shipping soon" Item is being prepared for shipment and I can no longer make any changes to my order!!! I ordered on Dec 4th at about 1pm. I live in Lebanon, ME. I seriously started to doubt that there was even such thing as a kindle. Hopefully I will see it soon. I will keep you all posted. Good luck everyone!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 4:30:56 AM PST
Julia says:
Hi, I just checked the mobile site from my Treo, and it's not displaying estimated ship dates like it used to. All I got was "Order status:
 Not shipped yet
We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time." So if you haven't already checked, you're out of luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 4:42:59 AM PST
Fiona Q says:
You need to go to the normal "Open and Recently Shipped" order page to see if it is shipping or not. I ordered on Dec 3, and just checked my status on the mobile site, and the ship dates were gone from there. BUT, when I accessed the order through the "Open and Recently Shipped" screen, it was listed as "shipping soon", same as C. Tice's.

Hope this helps! I can't wait to see when mine gets here :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 4:44:55 AM PST
C. Vojta says:
I ordered on 12/3 and my status on the mobile site just changed to ship soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 5:09:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2008 5:10:07 AM PST
B. Carr says:
I see the Dec, 1 orders seem to have shipped; I Ordered Dec. 8, with overnight shipping (early rumor was that bumped you up on the shipping list) nothing yet.
Yesterday I had shipping estimate of Jan. 8 to Jan. 22; that has since been removed and no estimate is available. Will advise.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 6:24:11 AM PST
P. Bernier says:
Same here as C. Vojta, I ordered on 12/3 and the Amazon site states preparing for shipment! It's about time!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 7:18:24 AM PST
Since I ordered on 12/5 the mobile site has indicated a ship date of 1/3-1/17.
Hopefully this is not a bad sign- last night this was removed and replaced with:
Order status:
Not shipped yet
We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 7:30:31 AM PST
M. Hageman says:
I also ordered 12/4. I just checked the URL and it says the same as for C. Tice - updated from yesterday. My estimated delivery date is 1/4 - 1/18.

This is a late Xmas present for my DH - they clearly should have been much more forthcoming...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa7baa1e0)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation) by Amazon.com
4.2 out of 5 stars   (7,974)