5.0 out of 5 stars This is more like it!
Published on September 5, 2000 by lennynero1

3.0 out of 5 stars One of the Missing Songs yall are looking for
I think its the one that plays during the end scene as Pacino heads into the press room to address his outgoing speech I'm not sure but its "Use Me Up" by Bill Withers, its great
Published on August 26, 2005 by Jordan N. Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars This is more like it!, September 5, 2000
This review is from: Any Given Sunday, Vol. 2: Music From The Motion Picture (Audio CD)
For those of you, like me, who were not at all satisfied with the tracks on the Any Given Sunday Volume 1 SOUNDTRACK, this is for you! This disc contains all the greats missing from the first disc like many of the songs that play during the actual football scenes, including Moby and Smokey Robinson's "Cruisin" which plays over the first half of the climatic end game of the movie. Also included are Jamie Foxx's "Willie Beamen" jingle and Al Pacino's final "Inches" speech that he gives the team. For those who wondered where all the film music was in Volume 1, you can listen with pleasure to this volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome song that is missing on soundtrack, January 30, 2001
The song "Right Here, Right Now," by Fatboy Slim is in the movie, but not on any of the soundtracks. It is an awesome song! I have been looking for that song for a long time. I wanted to thank Aaron of Santa Barbara, who's review of Any Given Sunday helped me find the song. My sister and I have been looking for that song and we are stoked that we found it. This song should definately be on the soundtrack. The movie was awesome too!

3.0 out of 5 stars One of the Missing Songs yall are looking for, August 26, 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars Yet another track missing., February 5, 2001
Aaron (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
I have found another track that is not on either album. Someone mentioned that Moby "Graciosa" was missing from the first volume but was included in the second volume. But, there was another Moby song that was in the movie and not on the soundtrack. The song is "My Weakness" and it's played when Beamon is about to make the last pass before they make the final touchdown and win the last game shown in the movie. And, I like to say Renee of Ventura, CA if she reads this is that I'm glad I could help you with "Right Here, Right Now", and it feels good to help someone out who lives pretty close to me. Just to let you know, I knew this song because I own the Fatboy Slim CD that has it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Yet another missing track., February 5, 2001
Aaron (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
I remember reading on a review that there was a Moby track missing on Vol. 1, which was "Graciosa", and that was put on the second volume. But, I found another Moby track missing that was in the movie and not the soundtrack and this is "My Weakness" which can be heard when the Sharks win the last football game shown in the movie. And, if Renee from Ventura sees this, I just want to say that you're welcome for fatboy slim. I know it because I have the Fatboy Slim CD with that song just to let you know. I'm glad I could help someone who lives awfully close to me. :-)

2.0 out of 5 stars More "Huh?" Tracks from the Film..., December 31, 2001
"wdillard" (Orlando, FL United States) - See all my reviews
The only redeeming item on this cd is the "Fingers" speech. I foolishly bought both cds today (12-31-2001) and am incredibly disappointed. Neither cd has THE songs from the film that make you want the soundtrack in the first place! Where is the Kid Rock one? How about "Paranoid"? Where is the "You ready for this" one? Ah, whatever. Learn from my mistake - DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY. Sorry to "shout", but I wasted over 30 bucks on these 2 cds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another missing song, October 1, 2005
rudiger (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
Besides missing Use Me by Bill Withers (which is an integral part of the film and omission is unforgivable), both soundtrack CDs are also missing Coyote Dance by Little Wolf.

It is the Native American song that is played a couple of times when the players are moving/lining up on the field. I have it on a Native American compilation CD entitled Songs of the Spirit and recognized it immediately.

3.0 out of 5 stars So, so. As far as score albums go., October 13, 2002
First a message to anyone wanting to know who the artist that did the music that was behind Al Pacino's speech was. His name is Paul Kelly. The album called "Soundings in Film" has the entire song, which is called PEACE, without the dialouge. He's a solo artist and he has his own [website]
Know about this soundtrack. I like score soundtracks generally. Composers like Harry Gregson-Willams, Hans Zimmer, and Michael Kamen really capture what a score is supposed to do which is enhance the emotion of the scene and give the scene tempo, also the music can be really powerful in it's own way. Composers like them are the last classic songwriters, modern day Mozarts and Bachs is what I mean.
Sountracks like this are an exception to the rule. There are no orchestral moments on this CD and I didn't excpect any because there is no single composer on this soundtrack. That's because the film didn't need it! This sountrack has some very bright moments, eight of them actually. Robbie Robertson's opening tracks and his full length songs are very expressive and have great lyrics. Paul Kelly's hypnotic song Drive is also excellent. Nina Simone's sultry Don't Explain is damn near perfect and Moby's Graciosa is also very cool. The other songs, I just didn't care for, it's just a taste thing.
The Inches speech through me for a loop though, but I have to admit I KNEW THAT'S WHAT IT WAS GOING TO BE WHEN I READ THE BACK OF THE CD CASE! Pacino's name is right there! What did you honestly excpect? I would love to hear the song without the speech, but it's a hell of a speech and it gives me a rush without even having to see Al saying it!
Over all, it's a decent soundtrack with some good moments.

3.0 out of 5 stars Whats that instrumental??, June 11, 2005
OK this has been bugging me for a little while now since I last saw the movie about a month ago.

There is an instrumental that plays occasionally throughout the film but is most evident during the end as scene as Pacino heads into the press room to address his outgoing speech to the media before walking out of the stadium having the last laugh... What is this song?!?! Well after weeks of torment I finally discovered the song; closure at last! However in saying that, if I had only bothered to check all the reviews (as I have just done only now) and not just the first page I would have discovered that someone else addressed this already... Nonetheless people still seem lost on this, who probably like me haven't bothered checking all the reviews.

So for what its worth, consider this a bump: The instrumental as described above is a song by Moby on his Play album: track 14 entitled "Everloving".

When you first listen to the song, if at first it doesn't sound like what you're after give it a chance - wait for about a minute. The melody you're familiar with will kick in and you'll feel that love of a long lost friend you once had but can barely remember... Well maybe not but at least you'll appreciate the song.

PS. Ignore the rating. Just thought I would share/reiterate the 'unknown' song.

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite song, May 17, 2001
By A Customer
Does anybody know the name of the song where Jack (Cap) Rooney is leading the Sharks on a drive in the first half of the Sharks-Knights playoff game? I love it.