Customer Discussions > Walk It Out - Nintendo Wii forum

Any Word on Wii Walk It Out 2?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 305 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 24, 2010 12:26:24 PM PDT
Lee Mellott says:
Just wondering if there are any updates on if and when there will be a Will Walk It Out 2?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2010 1:35:30 PM PDT
No, unfortunately, here's a direct quote from the producer of WIO from Facebook:

Hiroyuki Chiwata
"Hi Millie, thank for the words! I am so encouraged. Good communication with users was a dream and it is happening here! I cannot promise anything at this poiint, but I swear I will try my best to make it happen."
Hiro - producer
Yesterday(April 23rd) at 7:20pm

And here is another quote from Hiro, a few weeks earlier:

Hiroyuki Chiwata
"Hi [...] everyone here, first of all, I really appreciate your support. I feel that here and amazon forums/reviews are filled with love! I love you all!

I would love to give any comments about another version, but I cannot do anything at this point(please understand). Even about yes/no about it. However, WIO's unique concept will never die.

I wish the current WIO gets more popular to prove that the concept is broadly wanted. I think it will take a while to be big like that, but I belive in its potential and I keep praying for it so please keep supporting the product with me and Pearl. We just released it in Europe last month so I also expect it to be accepted there.... See More

I am hearing you here and on amazon's page always, so please keep pitching your ideas that help me to design the next version.

You are so important to us. It is biggest pleasure for me to hear how happy you are! I am encouraged everyday."

Thanks,
Hiro
April 8 at 1:39pm

- - - - - - - - -

Hope that answers your question Lee, we are all very anxious and hopeful. I think the more copies of WIO we get sold by word-of-mouth etc is going to help us ensure we get more WIO in the future.

I devote quite a bit of my spare time to *trying* to answer questions on here and Facebook, partly because I REALLY adore WIO, and partly because I'm quite desperate for it to do well... LOL.... I REALLY want more WIO games in the future(I love DDR, but WIO is becoming more of my favorite over DDR, I still play DDR, but WIO is lower-impact and better for me long term.) So for me, if I can help more new fans become successful then they can help others and hopefully we will all have a WIO 2, and 3, 4, etc :)

Posted on Apr 24, 2010 6:02:11 PM PDT
tlc says:
spread the word, so that more and more people see the fun in WIO ! That is the key! The more that buy, the more that talk about it, the more that enjoy it, the more that post online about it, the better the chances and the sooner we get WIO 2, 3, 4, etc

Posted on Apr 25, 2010 11:20:21 AM PDT
Lee Mellott says:
Thanks for the answer Jessica.

I understand Konami is a business but I really think Konami needs to look beyond just how well it sells to how it is helping people's health. Even if this product is not as profitable as others I do not feel the company should base their decision purely on profit. Not if they truly care about their users. Companies need to think about the consumers also. They can make enough on other products to carry one or two that are so beneficial.

In addition, I personally would be willing to buy at a higher price point if that was what was needed.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2010 6:13:21 AM PDT
Renee says:
I agree with you. I'd be willing to pay more for WIO 2!!!! I haven't finished the island for the 1st time yet, but I sure hope there is a WIO 2 coming soon.

Posted on Apr 30, 2010 3:40:33 PM PDT
Jess M. says:
In case Hiro happens to see this thread (here's hoping!) I have to admit that I would have *never* purchased WIO without the incredible endorsements from Amazon.com reviewers. From the graphics on the game case to the lackluster sales video, there just seems to be a big disconnect in how this game was marketed. I can absolutely understand why it was primarily aimed at kids and families, since many of the other Wii fitness titles are less "game" and more "workout" - but I think it did the game a disservice. I'm a single gal in my 20s and I love WIO, and I wish I'd picked it up months ago along with EA Sports Active (which I'm also a big fan of), since they go hand-in-hand beautifully. Whereas EASA is more about strength/resistance training versus sustained cardio, WIO is all about the low-impact aerobics of walking, so pairing the two together makes for a fantastic home workout.

I'm only a few days into my WIO addiction, but I'm also crossing all my fingers and toes that sequels and/or expansions will be developed!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2010 9:36:36 AM PDT
Karen Beard says:
I just gotta say ditto on almost everything that Scarlett said. I'm in my 50's with no kids at home and I would have never even tried this game due to the marketing and cover of the game had it not been for a yahoo group that I'm in. I also think instead of getting addicted like we are, that kids will just find it boring after a while.

I also have been pairing this with my Golds Gym so that I get an upper body excerise along with the walking.

They've just GOT to get a new one out soon!!!!!!!

Karen in Mid Michigan

Posted on May 5, 2010 3:00:34 PM PDT
natureluvr says:
I'm really hoping for WIO 2. If so I will definitely buy it, and tell all my friends about it. I brag about it all the time on sparkpeople.com. I've completed 70% of the island, but will really miss it once I'm all finished. I would really love more classic rock, and music from the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Posted on May 6, 2010 4:09:20 PM PDT
I am completing the island for the third time. I LOVE this game and really hope for a sequel. I would also love more music from the 70s & 80s and a greater number of upbeat music to force me to walk faster.

Posted on May 19, 2010 6:07:49 PM PDT
I just got WIO 2 days ago and have played twice. Day 1 was a bit frustrating, but that was before I found this forum. Today's walk was better, and tomorrow's will be better yet. I'm 64 and have some arthritis so I have to slow it down a bit, but I'm loving this game. It'll probably take me a while to finish, but if they came out with WIO2 tomorrow, at an even higher price point, I'd get it. I found that Wii Fit Plus became staggeringly boring very quickly, but with WIO I'm looking forward to getting up and getting moving. Love this game!

Posted on May 19, 2010 6:36:04 PM PDT
Lol, Marion, you got me and you didn't even mean to! I read your first sentence too fast and I thought you said that you got "WIO 2" days ago and have played twice...... I was like "wow, she got a copy of 'WIO 2' already? I didn't even think there was any word on it let alone having already created it so quickly!"

LOL, that's what I get for reading quickly when I'm sleepy :)

Glad you are loving it Marion, and you will find your arthritis might get better with playing WIO, some fans' back pain and/or knee pains have been alleviated with the extra exercise you get with WIO because it's low impact exercise.

You may want to consider a mini-trampoline, it's far lower impact that simply walking on the floor or carpet.

Posted on Jun 14, 2010 5:04:29 PM PDT
natureluvr says:
I'm anxiously awaiting Wii walk it out 2!! There have been so many reviews here on Amazon, all good ones, so I would think there would be a market for WIO 2.

You know most of the Wii games are targeted to children and young people. Why not target middle aged and older people? Here is a big untapped market that is not saturated yet like perhaps the younger market is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2010 6:16:17 PM PDT
I am hoping that the two WIO people are still reading this forum.
If THEY (Konami) don't get a 2nd version to market relatively soon, someone else will fill that niche with something similar but different and that would be "sad" for Konami and WIO! I love WIO. I am about to finish round 3 and will start round 4 tomorrow. I am itiching for a WIO II though!
Just more of same with different landscape would suffice! More objects of different kind and more animation of things around the walker (kids, hopscotch, basketball, etc). Moving cars? Some basic weather - like rain? More calories for uphill walking? Just a little variety would suffice for version II. Doesn't have to be magnanimous!
But getting it out fast is more important than it being PERFECT!
I hope Konami is paying attention, because I look everywhere for something similar and someday it will show up, if not Konami, then someone else!

Posted on Jun 17, 2010 2:00:52 AM PDT
dss says:
I would love music from the 60s-80s. Classic rock from Chuck Berry on down.

I think downloadable music packs would be the answer. They could easily charge $10 for a pack of 25 songs. It wouldn't be possible to add an infinite number of icons, but the packs could start with some already unlocked and unlock more based on the percentage of the island completed.

Posted on Jul 12, 2010 11:44:29 AM PDT
A. Roggeman says:
By accident I ghosted out the info graphics on the screen, when I finished I was unable to save my walk. Does anyone know how to get out of the ghosting?

Posted on Jul 13, 2010 6:46:16 AM PDT
Tina says:
I think you just need to push the little + button near the home button, I believe that toggles on and off the effect.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2010 5:21:48 PM PDT
P. Berrillo says:
Push the - or + button next to the home button.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2010 11:23:29 AM PDT
Sprocket says:
Count me in! I am ready to pre-order WIO 2 when it becomes available. I read an article that Michelle Obama endorsed this game as an antidote to childhood obesity. Go Go GO!

Posted on Oct 5, 2010 8:23:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2010 8:25:26 PM PDT
J. Weigel says:
I'm an addict to WIO as well and talk it up to everyone I know who asks how I have managed to lose the weight - 40 lbs so far! I agree the cover graphics just don't do justice to what some of us mid-age adults (56) find appealing about this exercise game. I got bored with Wii Fit Plus and enjoy DDR 3, but WIO tops them both. I will definitely buy WIO 2. I like 60, 70, and 80's music too - ABBA would be awesome. But many of the songs on WIO are pretty good too. I would even like to find a CD of OO39.com's music. The instrumentals are great and upbeat, I often find myself re-playing them in my mind after excercising!

Posted on Oct 9, 2010 7:36:46 PM PDT
I LOVE LOVE LOVE WIO...and I am ready for pre-order of WIO2. The graphics are amazing and the concept for finding the capsules (rewarding positive behavior intermittently) is sound psychologically! I am hooked....I don't like to exercise at all, but I fell like I am in Vegas pulling he one arm bandit....saying "Just one more time" ...with WIO...."Just one more mile...just one more hotel, just one more stand....just one more constellation...just one more song..." and before you know it...I have SWEAT (which I never do) and I have walked 3, 4, or 5 miles. I love this game/workout. The spaceship is awesome...the dinner at South Beach is COOL!...THe rainbow...the time capsules....oh...THis makes me want to go down and work out ONE MORE TIME (even after 5.2 miles today). LOL!
You will NOT regret buying this game/workout! We need WIO 2!

Posted on Oct 10, 2010 1:01:29 PM PDT
Laura... I love the addicting feeling of the game too. Sometimes I just don't feel like working out so the hardest part is starting but once I get moving I have to clear an area... or two... or three!! LOL I've never felt like this about an exercise program before and I have tried MANY! I like Wii Fit Plus but I just don't get as good a workout from it but I do enjoy the free run and the yoga. WIO is da bomb!! I am praying for WIO2 with many of the upgrades that I have seen people request on the several WIO forums I belong to. Enjoy!!! :)

Posted on Oct 18, 2010 12:27:38 PM PDT
natureluvr says:
I really hope for a WIO 2. I hope it does extremely well in Europe.

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 5:27:12 PM PST
Is there any new news on this yet? I am keeping my fingers crossed for #2 - I don't know how many more times I can walk around the same island, I need new scenery! LOL

I love the concept and I think there would be a lot to expand on in this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2010 6:10:54 PM PST
I'm with you Kristina. Needing new scenery!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2010 6:38:58 PM PST
Likewise. Finished island #2 on Sat and promised myself not to start island #3 until Dec. 1 so I could give other Wii exercise games a dusting off. Just not the same motivation as WIO. Felt like I was going through withdrawal until I started again today. New scenery would definitely make it much more fun!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  97
Total posts:  305
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2010
Latest post:  May 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 42 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Walk It Out - Nintendo Wii
Walk It Out - Nintendo Wii by Konami (Nintendo Wii)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (575)