Any help with the following combination: ATT service, Actiontec GT701 and Netgear WNDR3700 wireless router? Router no longer sees internet.
asked by MB8860 on December 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
vote
Have you tried unplugging the router and running everything through the modem to see if you can access the internet? I had the same Actiontec GT701 modem and a different router with CenturyLink DSL. Modem worked for 3 days then began dropping the internet every 2 minutes. Actiontec said it was CenturyLink's problem, but I purchased a Netgear modem which fixed the problem. The modem was worthless.
M. S. Manahan answered on December 23, 2012

A
vote
Try rebooting the actiontec modem , then reboot the net gear router.
Jimbo answered on December 23, 2012

A
vote
Must be a problem with ATT. I have the same modem and router, different service provider, works great.
tc answered on December 23, 2012

A
votes
Hello my name is Mark. I have Verizon. I had to get the log in and password form the Verizon setup. Then I logged into it. Th was ap place in to setup everything. Iam not sure if att works the same way. Iam sorry thats the best way i can explain it. good luch and Merry Christmas
SunDance answered on December 24, 2012

A
votes
I do not have a clear, accurate answer for you. My service is still operating without any issues. I think it might have to do with AT & T and compatability issues with the router. Sorry, I can't help you with this issue.
Eduardo M. Nicolas answered on December 24, 2012

A
votes
My GT701D works well but once when I thought my Frontier line had failed I called Frontier. When asked what modem I had, I was told that Frontier would only respond to any problem concerning a modem that they had provided at an expense to me. I think $6.99 a month. My line did start working and I haven't had anymore problems but I know if I do I can't expect help from Frontier. Seems like another kind of dictatorship.
clyde cagle answered on December 24, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›