Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Any one Pre-Ordering Black Ops 2?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 70 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 2, 2012 6:42:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 22, 2012 4:37:34 PM PDT
Alec says:
Just wondering, since the Game is now official, if any one is planning, or has, Pre-Ordering Black Ops 2.

Posted on May 2, 2012 8:59:16 AM PDT
Coldburn says:
Maybe but I wonder if the "Eclipse" rumor is for the zombies mode rather than the single player strike missions or multiplayer.

Posted on May 2, 2012 10:49:40 AM PDT
R. Blaise says:
I am so getting this game cant wait

Posted on May 2, 2012 11:51:49 AM PDT
M. Portillo says:
yeah i will be getting it. seems inovative and like something new. excited for treyarch since they did an amazing job on black ops.

Posted on May 2, 2012 12:29:21 PM PDT
T. Works says:
Not me. Getting burned out on a new CoD every fall - there's just not much difference between them. Let's face it, you don't buy these games for the epic story lines, you buy them for multiplayer. Unless they have something really different (and better), I don't see the point. I did like Black Ops' multiplayer customization the best so far, though - buying the items you actually want was cool. I wish MW3 hadn't gone back to the old-style "unlock a new weapon/gadget/perk/whatever every level" thing.

Posted on May 2, 2012 12:36:07 PM PDT
COD has been going downhill every year and mostly in part because of the community that plays it. 8 out of 10 games when playing online MP are nothing but camping. Unless they have implemented something new into this one that promotes players not to camp, maybe like them showing up on radar after 10 seconds of not moving, then I'll pass on this one. The game itself has always been decent...it's the damn try hards who camp for KDR. Prolly going to go with Battlefield and 007 Legends.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 12:49:28 PM PDT
Alec says:
I agree for the most part, but if you haven't watched the Trailer for BO2, its way different then the past games. New Vehicles, Guns, Characters. I'm mostly getting the game for Zombies, lets face it, who's not, but i under stand your point of view as well. And thanks for your feed back.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 12:59:52 PM PDT
Alec says:
Ya, i can't wait till a Zombies Trailer.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 1:00:11 PM PDT
Alec says:
Ya, i agree.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 1:03:00 PM PDT
Alec says:
Ya, I've never been a Hard on COD Fan my self, until i played Black Ops. I loved every thing about it, especially Zombies. I also loved WAW as well.

Posted on May 2, 2012 1:04:16 PM PDT
C. Johnson says:
No I don't pre order any games anymore, been burnt too many times to ever do that again.

But not only am I not pre ordering I'm done with the Call of Duty series for good until they stop being lazy and fix all the problems mainly with multiplayer.

The last COD game I purchased was Black Ops. I rented MW3 from red box, beat it in 7 hours on veteran and still had time to play multiplayer before returning it the next day before 9pm. Single player campaign was more of the same explosions everywhere non stop action crap and lacked much originally.

My main complaint however was multiplayer. Seems like the devs took all the (valid) complaints about previous cod titles and just wiped their butts with them. Still constant spawning behind you, poor hit detection, bullets curving around corners, spawn camping, and cheesy perks like last stand (2nd chance) where the persons pistol turns into a sniper rifle and can hit people from across the map.

I have no reason to believe Black Ops II will be any different because they know they don't have to put much effort into making a better game if people are going to buy it anyway.

The most I'll do is get it from Red Box, beat the single player campaign in something like 5 hours (as it will probably be even shorter) and then try the multiplayer. If the multiplayer is still plagued with the problems of the past then when I return the game, I won't give it a second thought.

Posted on May 2, 2012 3:20:10 PM PDT
Dan says:
No. It's a Treyarch game.

Posted on May 2, 2012 3:26:31 PM PDT
C. Strem says:
I'm not pre-ordering yet, but the trailer was a good start. MW3 was really only for Spec Ops and story. Found the multiplayer lacking and stopped playing it after a month. Still love Black Ops and looking back, they were more innovative than MW3. They did more things "right" than IW has been. MW3 felt so old, Black Ops was new and refreshing.

tl;dr: Need to see more videos before making a decision this early in the year. Call of Duty games never go out of stock, so it doesn't matter when you decide to get it =p

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 3:28:50 PM PDT
Alec says:
Very well said. I agree with you on both the multiplayer and the Campaign complaints. I'm not going to pre-order this game cause first of all, its better to buy it when its out, so incase a better deal or game comes up, like Assassins Creed 3, and Second, i have change my mind, due to thinking this over. I'm not about to waste $59.99 on a Game i'm not going to get until 11/12, and a game i barley even know any thing about. Lets see a Zombie Trailer First, then i might, (Most Likely), Change my Mind. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 3:29:25 PM PDT
Alec says:
Haha. Interesting point there. =P BattleField FTW?

Posted on May 2, 2012 4:41:02 PM PDT
It'll take a better bonus than wallpaper to make me consider it

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 5:20:54 PM PDT
Alec says:
Lol. Ya really.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 5:21:48 PM PDT
Alec says:
Ya, lets see some more Trailers. *Cough* Zombie Trailer *Cough* =P

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 10:41:04 PM PDT
D. Tapper says:
you could always preorder on Amazon where they don't charge you until it ships, so if you find a deal better suited to your tastes later on you can cancel painlessly.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 6:58:57 AM PDT
Alec says:
Ya, that's why i usually buy things off of amazon.

Posted on May 3, 2012 7:02:35 AM PDT
Uuh... we would be playing with the same players as in MW3... do you really want that for multiplayer!? No... simply no. I'll start to enjoy MW3 when in a couple of years all the campers and try-hards are either indulging in MW4 or die off. The ONLY game that dares to be original this year is XCOM: Enemy Unknown... I'll be getting that, and spending most of my attention on that game (I was curious about what the community thought of BLOPs 2).

Posted on May 3, 2012 7:04:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 7:04:49 AM PDT
Not this time. I really enjoyed b ops story, but the mp was just clunky, aside from zombies. Besides, I'd rather just keep playing CoD 4 and I'm looking forward to other games this fall.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 8:23:41 AM PDT
Chris says:
LOL. You do realize Treyarch makes better quality Call of Duty's than Infinity Ward? Stop being brainwashed into thinking IW can only make a good game JUST because they made the first one. Treyarch has surpassed them in quality, time you realize that.

Posted on May 3, 2012 1:27:42 PM PDT
DCBark says:
Every new game has more people crying about past games
Every new games sets more financial records

Brilliant

Posted on May 4, 2012 11:02:59 AM PDT
J says:
Treyarch and Infinity Ward are as obvious about money milking their customers as Facebook is about data mining their users personal info. How can you people continue to throw your money away on this swill?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  49
Total posts:  70
Initial post:  May 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about