Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Anybody else having trouble with start and stop freezing of gameplay?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 18, 2011 3:42:36 PM PDT
Josh says:
About three hours in, I started noticing that every time I'd hit someone or something, the game would freeze for a second, then resume. If I hit 2 or more enemies simultaneously, the game will freeze and then the screen will go black, then after a few seconds it will go back to normal. This keeps happening EVERY TIME I hit anything. I have beaten the game now, and it's doing it at the very beginning of my new game (I'd thought maybe it only started where it started my previous playthrough). I also thought that maybe the disc was overheating and causing things to chug / freeze, but that is also not the case. I got home from work today and started playing and it did it immediately, and the game hadn't been in the 360 for well over 12 hours. I haven't found anyone else having or discussing this problem, so I just thought I'd ask / point it out. It doesn't seem like a bad disc problem, nor does it seem like a faulty console problem. My other games play just fine. Anybody?

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 9:09:24 AM PDT
Yes, it also happened to me. I'm currently in the process of exchanging this version for the PS3 version. It also happened to a friend of mine.

Someone on Gamefaqs brought up that it started happening after unlocking the 50 Souls of the Beloved achievo, which is when it started happening to me.

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 10:38:52 PM PDT
Adam C. Nail says:
I've been having the problem too. I bought it at Fry's but I want to exchange it for the PS3 version since it has no problems from what I've been reading on forums. I'll keep the 360 version if Ignition would give us a heads up if there's going to be a patch but I know their game studio is no longer so I doubt it.

Do you think Ignition would exchange it under their 90 day policy?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 3:10:25 PM PDT
Amak says:
Excuse the bump, but has there been a patch? If not, does the PS3 version have this bug? Do not want to buy the 360 version if this issue still exists.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2011 7:17:05 PM PDT
Josh says:
I'm not sure about a patch as of yet. I held out for as long as I could stand before getting rid of the game. I would probably pick it up again some day if that freezing problem would be patched. Not sure but it seems like everyone is happy with the PS3 version.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 7:50:47 PM PST
Mark says:
Happens to me and no patch... doesn't happen 100%, but when it does, it's bad.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron - Xbox 360
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron - Xbox 360 by Ignition Entertainment Ltd (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars (49)