Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Anybody want to part with the pouch?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 7, 2012 3:46:06 PM PST
Castro says:
I really want the pouch, but I'm going to be getting a 32GB card and the other headphones. I don't really care much for the other carrying cases, and want this pouch. But unfortunately Sony isn't selling it separately. Would anyone want to sell just the pouch? It's a long shot, but I figured I'd just ask.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 8:15:34 PM PST
They should be selling it for 19.99 separatly.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 8:21:01 PM PST
Castro says:
Couldn't find it anywhere. I've been looking. Hopefully it'll pop up soon. I could only find the carrying case, which was also 19.99. But I couldn't find the pouch. I don't care to much for the carrying case either, it covers the face and back, but the sides are completely exposed. It seems like the pouch provides the most coverage without adding much to the thickness. Hopefully they will sell it separately.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 9:28:00 AM PST
They have it for sale in Japan for about 6,000 Yen. You can always just import it if you don't want the starter kit, though the starter kit will be a better deal for you.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 4:08:22 PM PST
Castro says:
I've considered doing that, but the only import site that I really trust is PlayAsia, and they're asking $25 just as a base price, then another $7.60 for shipping; and probably tax too. So it gets pretty expensive pretty fast.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 5:45:53 PM PST
Mike M. says:
Isn't this the same exact thing?

PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 5:47:36 PM PST
Castro says:
Nope, if you look at the other pictures it's actually an extremely thick case meant for travel, it holds games, cords, etc. and it's not pocketable at all. The one in the starter kit is just a pouch, like the one that came with the value pack psps.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 5:48:30 PM PST
Not at all. That is a zipper pouch. The pouch which comes with the starter kit has a much sleeker design.
http://japan.gamespot.com/psp/photo/35007699/12/

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 5:51:52 PM PST
Mike M. says:
Ah, I see. My mistake.

So from the pic you posted, it looks like the pouch included with the starter kit just kinda folds over the Vita. Not too sure that would be great for protecting it.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 5:53:44 PM PST
It would be great for protecting it from getting scratched if it were rubbed across a surface like a metal zipper or a key or two in the same pocket. It would not help with drops or excess pressure. Though drops should not really be a concern given the plastic instead of glass for the screen and the lack of moving parts.

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 1:21:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2012 1:39:43 PM PST
I'm into the exact same situation, I'm planning to go digital and getting the 32Gb stick, I also want the other headphones with media controllers and dont care about the extras in this starter Kit

But, I really want to use this pouch in my pocket to protect the Vita from my keys and coins. If you find a solution PLEASE let me know!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012 5:16:11 PM PST
T. Cannon says:
solution found: buy the starter kit, enjoy the awesome pouch, and use the 4gb stick for the JPN account you can create, and play wacky japanese games that other people wont get to play, like i am going to do. its going to be fun.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 11:45:25 AM PST
I too just wanted the pouch. I thought about ordering it from Play-Asia, but for $10 more I could just get in the US without having to wait for weeks with the cheapest shipping.

All I'm using from this kit is the pouch, screen protector and cleaning cloth. I'll find some way to sell the card case and 4GB card.

I do have a Japanese PSN account. But after reading about the steps to change the region the of your Vita, it's too much of a hassle.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 2:53:56 AM PST
YoGabbaGabba says:
I'm in the same pickle. I loved the soft cloth case that came with my launch PSP and I want a similar one for my Vita (for when I stick it in my bag). Shame it's not sold separately. Maybe I can find one on ebay around launch...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 7:58:49 PM PST
Vader81 says:
I just ordered a Vita from work and it comes with the starter kit. But I'm getting the Hori Face Cover. Castro if you still interested let me know? My package was ordered but shold hopefully arrive sometime next week.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Feb 7, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PlayStation Vita Starter Kit with Memory Card
PlayStation Vita Starter Kit with Memory Card by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation Vita)
4.0 out of 5 stars (309)