Anyone know why Amazon pulled their inventory? I just bought the Klipsch S4, and I've gotta say I"m pretty disappointed with the bass -- the earphones sound kinda hollow and tinny. I read everyone talking about the "burn-in" process, so I'm letting that go and we'll see. But when I checked back on Amazon looks like they closed their inventory. Anyone know why? I'm curious -- am I stuck with a defective product?
asked by Rasi Wickramasinghe on February 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
I got myself a pair last night as well and I thought it was because the quality of the inventory was bad or something. When I opened it up for the first time and listened to it, it was actually pretty bad. I mean it played music, but the quality was really not up to par. The bass was absent and mid and treble were shaky. There was bunch of buzzing as well. However, before I went to sleep last night and all day today, I burned-in my S4's using custom music file that just chirps from 20Hz to 20,000Hz and kept on playing it over and over. After that, the buzz all went away and the frequency response of the S4 was totally different. I would have to say I understand why people were praising this little headphones. If yours aren't as awesome as you thought, please try burning it in before you do anything.
T. Chun answered on February 24, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
hey I also bought this. Wish to know what's up? Are they defective? fakes?
BiggieWu answered on February 24, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
T. Chun, agree with you 100% -- if you see my second post, I said that it was like my earbuds were like from another planet. In fact, look under "Hysteresis" on the Image S4's reviews. I'm the first positive review -- totally true what you said. The difference after a 24 hr burn-in period is night and day. I've read many folks who say that this burn-in phenomena is all made up, but I seriously doubt that having heard through my S4s now. It sounds amazing!!
Rasi Wickramasinghe answered on February 24, 2012

A
Where did you get the optimized burnin file? My S4s arrive Wednesday and id like to be able to burn them in ASAP.
Michael Joseph answered on April 16, 2012

A
You don't really need any sort of "customized" burn-in file. You can set your ipad/pod/phone on a long playlist on repeat and keep it running with a full charge until the battery is drained (about 50 hrs or more). Otherwise, you can google "pink noise" and download a .WAV or .MP3 file that can do that. There are several apps on the net that will do this spectrum sweep etc, but in my experience there has been no difference between that and just playing all my music on my music library.
Rasi Wickramasinghe answered on April 16, 2012

A
Hope you got real ones and that they sound significantly more Klipsch-like. :)
TheTruthHurts answered on August 17, 2012

A
Hope you got real ones and that they sound significantly more Klipsch-like. :)

A
No...

From what I've been reading, Amazon.com (Amazon, LLC...NOT a third-party seller on Amazon's marketplace...) had reportedly been unwittingly (that means unintentionally...) shipping counterfeit product...Google it:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&sa=X&ei=oHsuUMbjLM7z6wGppoHYCA&ved=0CEQQvwUoAQ&q=klipsch+counterfeit+s4&spell=1&biw=1365&bih=795

Klipsch (rightfully) will not honor the warranty of fakes, and apparently, will not replace s4s bought on Amazon in recent months (nor should they be expected to])...Amazon should be refunding no questions asked (I have to assume that they are, as they always do).

Thus, if your s4s sound like puke on a stick (note: that probably doesn't sound good if and when it makes noise) and you ordered them within the last year or so, they're almost certainly fake (see if the "Klipsch" lettering and logo rub off easily and/or just looks all around stupid). That's life, eh? :)

Edit (a few minutes later, 8/17): chat rep. just confirmed that the problem has been resolved (though I can't confirm when)...I will confirm their awesomeness when they arrive in a few days ($59.99's pretty tough to argue with...worth the risk...). Order away, Klipsch (therefore, sound) aficionados!

p.s. if there's no bass and you're certain that they're real, you probably don't have large enough "nozzles" on them...they need to seal tightly against the bone in your skull so that the sound (sound is vibration) travels through the bone in your skull and into your brain (actually the phones just need to vibrate the walls of your ear canal; low frequencies won't freely fly into your eardrum like the high ones).
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Called Amazon a bit ago. They said that there were some pictures on the site that misrepresented the product so they froze their inventory until they could clarify that. Oh, by the way, I burned-in my headphones and they sound awesome.
Rasi Wickramasinghe answered on February 24, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›