Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > The Best Recipes in the World forum

Anyone own Best Recipes and How to Cook Everything?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2005 3:36:55 PM PST
Africola says:
if so, have you seen much overlap between the two? i love bittman. 'how to cook everything' is the only cookbook i bother to use anymore. but when i picked up a 2nd bittman cookbook ('minimalist cooks at home') i found about 90% of it overlapped with HTCE. are these new recipes in this best recipes volume, or is there a lot of overlap with HTCE?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2007 9:55:57 AM PDT
I own both books, and I see very little overlap. Even on recipes that appear in both books, like Hummus, there are differences, although not always major ones of course as hummus is hummus after all. :-) For something like Pad Thai the recipes are very different, one calling for tofu and tamarind paste and the other not, amounts of other ingredients changed, techniques are different, etc. So no, I don't get the impression that he recycled these recipes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2005
Latest post:  Oct 5, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Best Recipes in the World
The Best Recipes in the World by Mark Bittman (Hardcover - October 11, 2005)
4.5 out of 5 stars (77)