Flip SlideHD Video Camera - White, 16 GB, 4 Hours
Used & New from: $55.00
Anyone know how long the batteries last? The product description says the Flip SlideHD has a built-in lithium-ion battery that charges in 3 hours, but it never says how long the batteries last. The camera can store 4 hours of HD video, but will the battery last that long? Or will you need to stop half way through and recharge?
asked by B. Jones on April 24, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
Wow, this is a deal-breaker IMO. I see no benefit to having a camera that can record 4 hours of video if the battery only lasts 2 hours. This means you'd have to stop after 2 hours, and then let it charge up for 3 hours before you can record again. Plus the battery is built-in so you can't have a charged up spare battery ready to go. This is a major design flaw and is definitely the deciding factor in keeping me away from this camera.
B. Jones answered on May 22, 2010
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Very good question, I'd like to know too!
C. R. Hatfield answered on May 20, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is a HUGE deciding factor for me too. I've been very interested in the Flip cams lately (for portability and picture quality), and it looks like I will end up getting an UltraHD 2nd gen. I just wish that Flip would come out with a model that has replaceable battery AND replaceable memory. That would be PERFECT. For now, I guess I'm going with the UltraHD 2nd generation because at least it has replaceable battery.
Felipe answered on June 6, 2010
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Flip website (more specifically the press release about the SlideHD) says the battery will go up to two hours. Not so promising for my all day boat ride...
A. Schmuland answered on May 22, 2010

A
I saw that review too, but the product specs say up to 2 hours. Can anyone who has this camera verify how long the battery actually last?
B. Jones answered on August 28, 2010

A
I purchased the camera because I wanted to record my lectures which are about 3.5 hours each. Unfortunately, the camera's battery lasts for only about 1.5 hours. Also, the recorder shuts off every hour and needs to be restarted. I was hoping that there would be some way to swap the battery or hook the camera to an external power source, but it appears that no such accessory/option exists. Really disappointed with this product. I agree that they really dodge this issue in the advertising. How valuable is 4 hours of recording time when the camera needs to be recharged every 1.5 hours? With the length of time it takes to recharge the camera, there appears to be absolutely no way for me to record my lectures. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Thanks.
Paper Tiger answered on January 13, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well, I saw another Flip SlideHD review here at Amazon where the user had shot 2 hours already and still had 75% battery capacity left.
Geir Laastad answered on August 28, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Man I was just looking at this and thought I'd found the perfect camcorder for my purposes. Now I don't think I want one. Guess I'll go for the ultra hd. But I'll watch here for a few days first just in case some new info comes in.
Patrick De Lack answered on September 24, 2010

A
I have gotten a Flip Slide now and will soon try out the battery capacity. I will post my result here when I know it
Geir Laastad answered on September 25, 2010

A
Bought for son for Xmas. How long does it take to charge with wall charger. Is there a light?
Sal Vetro answered on November 26, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›