Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Anyone else boycotting to make a point about Ignition's terrible localization?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 6, 2010 10:29:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2010 8:01:24 PM PDT
Amani2 says:
I don't know if I'm going to buy this, at least at first. I might boycott until the price lowers. I'd rather not support Ignition's awful localization. Both the script and the voice acting are horrible from what I've seen. They keep saying they'll improve but they've localized quite a few games now and it doesn't look like they care about quality. It's a shame because this looks like a solid RPG, and there are so few on the Wii. Famitsu gave it 32/40 (basically an 8/10), and the reviews on amazon.jp are around 4/5, leaning towards 4.5 if you average the Japanese special edition and regular edition.

I want to support this game, imageepoch, and Marvelous Entertainment, but not Ignition!

How does everyone else feel?

Posted on Jul 6, 2010 4:36:46 PM PDT
Erica says:
I'm dying for a game to play, so yes I'm getting it. I'm going to play it with the horrible voices, but I'm going to try my best at just accepting it. It's pretty bad, out of the ones I've heard so far, Ryfia and Niko's bother me the most. I'm interested in what Adelle sounds like when she sings.

Ryfia sounds bland, when she sings Imaginal Song it sounds like it is stuffy like she is singing thru her nose or the back of her throat. Her Radiant Song was alright I suppose. Her "must answer my calling" must be the translation of her "shimei no tame ni".

Niko is okay with the emotion, but his lines are strange like the one where he says "need anything shutup".

Another thing that bothers me is when Alf says "kindly" after someone uses an item on him. That is like a really bad incomplete sentence. Kindly what? Can't it be a good ol "Thanks!" or "you saved me!" or something along those lines?

If it was excellent I wouldn't have mind paying a normal $49.99. Good thing this game is only gonna cost me less than $30.

Posted on Jul 6, 2010 4:40:29 PM PDT
Amani2 says:
Less than $30? Where are you getting it from? It's $40 here (and everywhere else as far as I know).

Posted on Jul 6, 2010 6:59:40 PM PDT
Erica says:
I'm getting it here on Amazon, I had a $10 off video game coupon to make it less than $30 and the free Prime trial membership which makes the deal even sweeter with free release date delivery. So with that kind of deal I can't cancel it now, plus I'm itching really bad for a jrpg. I really was waiting for Tales of Graces, but it might not get localized and I'm getting impatient, so I continued with my preorder.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2010 8:00:11 PM PDT
Amani2 says:
Gotcha. I have one of those coupons that I need to use by the end of July, too. I'm also hoping that Tales of Graces gets released here eventually, as well as The Last Story and Xenoblade. Let's cross our fingers for more RPGs!

Posted on Jul 11, 2010 2:44:31 PM PDT
There's no way I'm boycotting this game just because the localization is off. Could it be much better? Sure. But I've really waited too long for this game to give up on it, and hearing that it is otherwise a superb RPG (something the Wii hasn't had in a long time) only makes me wanna play it. And besides, there IS an option to turn off the voices in the game, so no big deal.

I only hope there's a player's guide being made, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2010 7:11:45 PM PDT
L. Money says:
i was hoping the same thing about a game guide...

Also, wouldnt mind a cheaper OST than the $59+ on ebay

Posted on Jul 23, 2010 4:26:07 AM PDT
CJ says:
I cancelled my preorder. I don't want to support Ignition's lack of effort. University fees also helped me make my decision :).

Posted on Aug 3, 2010 12:08:09 PM PDT
V. Murah says:
boycotting a game that probably isn't going to sell extremely well whether it has good localization or not isn't going to help anyone. i personally am waiting on a pricedrop but that's only because i don't have much money for games anymore. bad voice acting in jrpgs seems kinda standard anyway and probably won't bother me much as long as i can mute them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jul 6, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Arc Rise Fantasia - Nintendo Wii
Arc Rise Fantasia - Nintendo Wii by Ignition Entertainment Ltd (Nintendo Wii)
4.4 out of 5 stars (58)