Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 forum

Anyone on the west coast shipping status change yet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2013 3:49:49 AM PDT
kstamp says:
Anyone? I am hearing lots of people on the east coast had their shipping status change recently.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 5:33:35 AM PDT
Mike B says:
Nope! Did Two Day Shipping and still says Not Shipped Yet. Time will tell for us West Coasters, assuming it will ship from California it will probably ship mid-day and arrive tomorrow.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 6:12:43 AM PDT
kstamp says:
I will post here if I see mine update today.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 8:57:28 AM PDT
Mine hasn't shipped yet either. I spoke to customer service and they told me that they haven't received the game yet. I hope I get it tomorrow since I paid for release day delivery.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:07:00 AM PDT
kstamp says:
My status just changed to Shipping Now at 9AM. Did you order the Special Edition Andrew? I heard there might be a 1 day delay on Special Editions.

When did you place your order?

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:15:19 AM PDT
I'm getting the standard edition. I pre-ordered it on the 12th. I pre-ordered from a different site about a month ago, but I was worried that I wouldn't get it on release day so I canceled it and ordered it from Amazon.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:30:46 AM PDT
kstamp says:
Well if you don't get it tomorrow make sure you get a refund for the shipping cost.

I heard someone on some forums say Amazon delayed there special edition a day for a reason that sounds the same as yours, and they refunded the shipping cost and gave him $15 credit.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:50:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 10:29:04 AM PDT
They will definitely be hearing from me if I don't get it tomorrow. I paid them a little extra to make sure I would be able to get it on the 17th. I was going to get it from the other site for only $65. I'm getting it from Amazon for $73.

Edit: I just spoke to customer service and they upgraded my shipping to 1 day for free.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 11:43:41 AM PDT
Marcus A. says:
I live in San Diego and my packages usually ship around 3pm the day before. They have shipped from both Chino, CA and Ontario, CA and I receive my package around the next day afternoon. They shipped Madden 25 the day before and it was sitting on my doorstep at 11pm. I am sure Amazon/UPS will get it delivered around the same time, since GTAV is in more demand than Madden 25.

I also have Amazon Prime and get free two day shipping.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 11:58:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 12:05:49 PM PDT
G says:

I will not be to optimistic... I am living in Los Angeles

from the chat:

Sushma: Hello, my name is Sushma. I'll be glad to help you today.
Sushma:I'm sorry about the delay in shipping your order.
Me:I am not sure there is delay
I am asking you
Sushma:It seems that we were unable to get the expected stock for this item and all the orders are getting delayed.
Me: I am sure your website is still proposing to preorder it
I do not want anything, I paid for release date delivery... I was not expecting that amazon will be unsure about the delivery
Sushma:I'm very sorry about all of this. I hope you'll consider this an isolated incident and give us another chance in the future. I'll add a $10.00 Promotional Credit for the inconvenience the delay has caused.
Sushma:I'm sorry, I see that there is a delay in shipping your order but I wouldn't be able to confirm, when this will be shipped.

last time I preorder from your website

edit. and amazon is still open for pre-order on GTA...

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 12:24:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 12:26:18 PM PDT
M says:
Also living in Los Angeles. I guess my outcome was different.

You are now connected to Nadia from

Me: Is shipment delivery time correct?
Nadia: Thank you for contacting Amazon, my name is Nadia.
Me: Hi, Nadia.
Nadia: You want to know if your delivery time is correct?
Me: Yes, ma'am. I was expecting my package to be shipped a while ago, being that I was supposed to receive it tomorrow.
Nadia: Thank you. May I have the name on your account?
Me: M***** *********.
Nadia: Thank you. Your email address is **********, correct?
Me: Yes, ma'am.
Nadia: Thank you ******. How are you doing today?
Me: It's allright. Hope you're having a well day yourself.
Nadia: I'm doing awesome, thanks.
Me: Good to hear.
Nadia: :-)
Me: So, will my package be arriving on time tomorrow or will it be delayed?
Nadia: One moment please while I check on this for you.
Me: Thank you.
Nadia: *******, thank you for your patience.
Me: Mhmm.
Nadia: I checked and see the order will be delivered tomorrow.
There has been no change for the order.
Me: So, is it going to be shipped overnight?
I only ask because it seems a few people from the west coast have gotten delays on their delivery time.
Nadia: It will be shipped and delivered on the 17ty. The item as release date delivery time.
If there was a delay we would have notified you by email.
Me: Is there a certain time it would come or is it just before 8pm?
Nadia: I'm very sorry I'm unable to say the exact time it will arrive. Once the order ships you can contact us or the shipper and that can be attained. You'll receive a confirmation email one the order ships.
Me: Okay, thank you. So, to clarify, it will be shipped and delivered tomorrow?
Nadia: Yes it will be.
Me: Great news. Nice relief. Thank you very much.
Nadia: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me: No, ma'am. That was all I needed.
Nadia: Have an awesome day. Thank you for contacting We hope to see you again soon. Please click the "End Chat" link to close this window.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 12:27:50 PM PDT
G says:
M when did you preordered?

after 25min of talking in chat:

Sushma:It is not that we do not have stock. We do have stock but it is limited.
Me:i feel like talking to a robot
even when it s preordered from the third of august???
why you didn t eamil me so I can find it elsewhere??
I can t belive it s amazon and not a third party sailer
Sushma:I've upgraded your order to One day delivery and waived off the shipping charges so that your order is shipped sooner.
Please do not worry, I'll get your order shipped.
Me:oooooooooooow what kind of magical is that HWY?
now you ve got power
we needed to spend 25min for that
I am not smiling
really not
Sushma:I'll send you an email once your order is shipped.
I understand. But I can confirm that your order will be shipped today.
As we've just received confirmation regarding this issue.
Me:so i get my game tomorow SURE?

So I guess everybody must go cry on the chat... and the game cost me about 10 bucks less

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2013 12:30:18 PM PDT
M says:
Aug. 24th.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 12:31:54 PM PDT
G says:

they say it s because of the pre-order date... I pre ordered mine the 3rd of august...

I guess some people are lucky... but it seem to be fixed so...

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 12:46:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 12:49:06 PM PDT
Beezy_T says:
I spoke to CS as well, and have cancelled my $80 Special Edition pre-oder. Not sure why their India chat CS is so useless.

Initial Question: Order XXXXXXX. Ordered on XXXXXX. Release date of the game is tomorrow. My package has not shipped and there is no indication my order will be filled.

Need a status. If this is not going to arrive at my address by 5:00 pm PDT tomorrow I need to cancel NOW.
06:02 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): Hello , my name is Reymark.
06:02 PM(GMT) Me: Hello, please read my previous comment and let me know the status on that order
06:03 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): I'm sorry that you having trouble with your order.
Let me go ahead and check this for you.
06:05 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): Please allow me a few minutes to check this for you.
06:06 PM(GMT) Me: take your time; I don't actually need an answer for about 13 hours
it's 11 am my time, I'm going to the store to buy a copy if this isn't arriving, tonight at midnight
06:08 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): Oh I see. I've checked and I can see here that I can still cancel the order. Should I go ahead and cancel it?
06:09 PM(GMT) Me: well no
I need you to first confirm or deny that it is being shipped
and I'd like a reason why it is not
if it is not
as I pre-ordered in July
if it is not going to ship, I need you to cancel it
I'm not sure how that's unclear
06:11 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): Let me go ahead and check this for you.
06:14 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): I'm sorry to keep you waiting. It'll just be a moment longer.
06:19 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): Thanks for waiting.
I'm sorry for the long hold.
06:21 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): I've checked the order and I Can see here that there is further action made from the order.
It seems that there is an error regarding the availability of the item.
06:23 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): Are we still connected?
06:23 PM(GMT) Me: yes
06:24 PM(GMT) Me: what do you mean by that
06:25 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): It seems the item is not entered the shipping processed since the item is not yet available.
06:26 PM(GMT) Me: Did you, by chance, receive a notice about this item from management that you overlooked
I read online, during this chat that this particular item is being held back
by the manufacturer
and they're not allowing amazon to ship
until later today
could you confirm that
06:28 PM(GMT) Reymark(CSA): Yes, I can confirm that to you. Since our supplier will give the supply on September 17.
06:28 PM(GMT) Me: I'll cancel the order then

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 1:59:44 PM PDT
M says:
Well, both CC reps have confirmed that I'll be getting it tomorrow. I dunno about everyone else.

You are now connected to Ejaas from

Me: Question about my GTA V preorder shipping.
Ejaas: Hello, my name is Ejaas. I'll be glad to assist you today.
Me: Hello, Ejaas.
Ejaas: Hi, yes, please go ahead with your questions.
Me: One of my questions is if it's guaranteed that my preorder will arrive tomorrow as I paid for it to, being that it has not shipped. Second question would be from where would it be shipping from, if that information is available.
Ejaas: I can confirm that we still expect to ship your order in time to be delivered to you by September 17. I'm sorry, unfortunately, we're unable to predict from where your product is being shipped from.
Me: If, by any chance, my preorder does not arrive tomorrow, do I get a refund on my shipping? I assume I have to report it.
Ejaas: Yes, you can contact us and we'll be glad to refund the shipping charges
Me: Thank you very much, Ejaas. Have a good day.
Ejaas: You're welcome and I thank you for your understanding. Have I addressed all your questions? Please let me know if you still have any other questions. I'm here to help you. 

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 3:08:39 PM PDT
G says:
It's clear... they do not have enough game for all the pre order...
They said the first who pre order are the first served...
They told I won t get the game on release day BUT when they check my pre-order date (2 months ago) they found a solution for me and I will get the game and got a discount.

So go cry cry again on the CS... maybe it will help.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 3:59:54 PM PDT
kstamp says:
Was all excited earlier today to see my status change to Shipping Soon, but it hasn't changed since 9am now.

So we will see if it actually makes it here tomorrow :\

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 4:35:53 PM PDT
M says:
Mine changed to Shipping Now.

I'm not worried much anymore.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 4:49:43 PM PDT
kstamp says:
Congrats M, it changed to Shipping Now for me at 9AM and hasn't changed to Shipped, but it says time spent in the Shipping Now phase won't affect my delivery date, so I'm sure it'll change to shipped any minute now

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 5:12:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2013 5:12:29 PM PDT
Mine changed to shipping now at 2PM. I spoke to customer service and they told me that the pre-orders will be shipping out tonight.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:23:57 PM PDT
kstamp says:
I think they have already been shipped, even if it still says Shipping Now for some people.

Posted on Sep 16, 2013 9:40:23 PM PDT
kstamp says:
My status just indeed changed to "Shipped". Live in Cali, preordered Standard Edition Aug 30.

Est delivery is tomorrow, cheers :D

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 6:07:46 AM PDT
M says:
Same here. Coming from Ontario, CA. To be shipped today.

Hope everyone else gets it today as well. Have fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2013 8:45:55 AM PDT
M. Hines says:
What a big baby you are! The vendor could not provide enough copies, so Amazon is stuck. what do you propose they do? They gave you a $10 credit.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Sep 16, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360 by Rockstar Games (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (3,708)