Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM
asked by Carolyn O Miller on November 23, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 56 answers
A
I just cancelled my cable this week, even w/ our 'bundle' (cable, high-speed internet & phone). Now I'm paying only $60.00 per month for my high-speed internet & phone! I do have a question for anyone who may know: Is there a way to get local news & weather w/ Roku? Thanks in advance (btw, i live in So. Cal.)
MonKeySeeUs answered on December 16, 2011
Comments (6) | 14 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I cancelled my cable thanks to Roku. I'm an avid TV watcher and still get to watch almost all of my shows between Hulu, Netflix and Amazon. One downside is that I don't get my HBO and Showtime shows anymore. However, as much as I like those shows, I don't $136/month like them.
Kerry answered on December 2, 2011
Comment | 23 of 23 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Read my Cutting the cable cord guide. I canceled cable over a year ago. It's not for everyone. Live sports nuts wouldn't be able to do it easily, but others should manage fine. Even most new TV shows are accessable the next day for purchase via Amazon's Video On Demand Service. I have 3 new shows I subscribe to via this service at $1.89 an episode. Still far cheaper than the $70 a month I was paying for cable. I could buy a New Roku every month for what cable was costing me. Now I can afford other things. I would suggest trying the Roku and seeing what all is available.
R. Diamond answered on November 23, 2011
Comment | 18 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
R. Diamond answered on December 16, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am desperate to reduce my monthly expenditures and I think Roku may be a great option for a cable service replacement. However, I'm a still a bit foggy on the specifics of it. When I turn the TV on, it's not going to be a just an array of channels like I have now but the channels that I "subscribe" to, correct? And I won't be able to watch live TV for news, awards shows, etc.?
Ohio answered on December 19, 2011
Comment (1) | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
H. M. SMYLIE answered on December 26, 2011
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am thisclose to cancelling my cable TV for Roku. I'm going to order the XD and try it out. I do have streaming Netflix. I'm sick of paying $60 a month for 80 channels and only watching maybe 6 of them. Cable TV is such a ripoff. And the 3 major Networks are PURE GARBAGE and have been for years now.
Tommyr answered on December 6, 2011
Comment | 13 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Frank answered on December 26, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just did this same thing. Canceled my "standard" cable and kept BASIC for now. It will save me $60 a month. They tried like hell to get me to keep what I had or get a package. They must be desperate to REALLY push like that.
Tommyr answered on December 26, 2011
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Frank answered on December 27, 2011
Comments (2) | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

See all questions about this product