Anyone else dissapointed in the news about CoD5?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 23, 2008 9:39:17 PM PST
Jeff and Jen says:
I just found out that CoD5 is going to be yet another WWII shooter. I am also dissapointed that Treyarch will be developing it. I loved CoD. When games like Finest Hour and Big Red One came out I wondered why they weren't the same caliber as the original. Then I learned about the developing changes. I personally prefer Infinity Ward's work. Whattya think?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2008 10:41:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2008 10:44:56 PM PST
GemQC says:
Everyone knows that Infinity Ward is a lot better than Treyarch, including the publisher. But the publisher insists on yearly installments of CoD because the CoD franchise is a money-making machine. As Infinity Ward requires 2-3 years to develop a game, the publisher has to turn to mediocre developers like Treyarch in order to rush a game to market, while Infinity Ward works on the next installment.

No matter how bad CoD 5 is, it will sell 2 million copies on name recognition alone, which is why it is being made.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2008 7:53:29 AM PST
Lisa C. Chen says:
Don't worry everybody. I heard that Infinity Ward is currently working on Call of Duty 6, which is another Modern Warfare Game. It is going to be great, I heard.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2008 7:12:22 PM PST
B. Taylor says:
As Lisa said above, Infinity Ward is working on CoD6.
This way a new CoD game can be released in the interim to
keep it fresh in everyone's mind while they work on the true
successor. I also believe that Infinity Ward is better than
Treyarch, still I hope they can improve on their CoD3.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2008 8:34:26 AM PST
C. Johnson says:
Well count me out for COD5. I am sick of WWII shooters. I think I've played enough WWII games to last me for the rest of my life.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2008 8:07:52 AM PDT
lol, for some reason the WWII shooters dont get old for me. Although they have been played out. I believe Inf Ward was absent on COD 3 as well. People noticed their absence too. I wish the game was a little more open and not so linear. I dont like being rushed along with squad mates, and when I figured out that once you rush the battlefield the enemies stop spawning, it kinda lost points for me. Still a great game. I rented it 4 a week and will buy when i can get it for less.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2008 10:20:36 PM PDT
Daniel Moore says:
I have to admit, I think it's pretty awful what Activision is doing here, though. Having two developers tag-team a franchise is a horrible idea on so many levels (except, of course, on the economic level). Oh, well. I guess most serious gamers know that Infinity Ward makes the real CoD but it sure sucks for casual gamers who don't know that they're not getting the "real deal," so to speak.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2008 9:06:31 AM PDT
I read this post and I thought you all had to be joking, I mean why the *%@# would they take it back to the done-to-death stage of WW2? But then I check around on the net and found you were right. I can only express a deep sadness within me, especially since the slackers behind the forgettable CoD3 are going to yet again be at the helm.
Since I was expecting another thrilling expansion on the Modern Warfare theme, it looks like I'll have to wait until CoD6 to get my quality-assured fix.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2008 6:39:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2008 6:42:29 AM PDT
The notion that the weapons you "start" with are somehow worse is a fallacy. You get the best AR, SMG, and Sniper Rifle from like Level 4, which requires about 15 minutes of gameplay. Granted, some (most) people prefer the Red Dot Sights to the Irons, but those are easily attained. Also, the guns you unlock as you progress through the levels are mostly more difficult (with a few exceptions like P90 or Barrett) to use than the starting ones (albeit some more powerful).

If anyone is still just getting into this game, my advice would be to stick with it. It just takes a little practice and figuring out the tendencies of most players.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2008 2:11:25 PM PDT
LottieDa says:
Thanks GemQC... I was confused about why COD5 was from a different developer but your explaination makes perfect sense. I'll still play the heck out of the upcoming COD5 but I'm really looking forward to the next Infinity Ward release (COD6?).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2008 6:32:15 PM PDT
N. M. Hower says:
Cod5 is gonna be good. its got flamethrowers XD.
modern gamers will stick to Cod4 but the old school Cod4 players will move on to Cod5.
i need to finish Cod4 and then i'll play UT3 XD.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jan 23, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 13, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions