Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Green Lantern [Blu-ray] forum

Anyone else having playback issues?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2011 3:51:32 PM PDT
I just bought the extended cut bluray

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 8:25:44 PM PDT
Austin says:
What sort of issues are you experiencing? Best to have that information in your original post. Now someone, like myself, has to write this obligatory post so you can explain the problems you're having.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 12:34:57 AM PDT
Hmm...posted this earlier, but somehow it was deleted other than saying I bought the extended cut bluray. The disc plays fine until chapter 11, right around when Hal shows up to talk to Sinestro & The Guardians...in that scene the disc freezes up and then jumps ahead to when Hal is offering the ring to Hector Hammond. I checked for any new firmware and my ps3 is up to date, so no problem there. This is the first time I've had any playback issues on my ps3, so I don't know if it's a faulty disc, or if a patch has to come out for any issues...I'd really hate to have to take it back to try another copy, but I guess that'll be my solution if it's just faulty.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 6:31:54 PM PDT
Wayne Klein says:
I've had the same problem as well and just assumed it was a firmware update that hasn't been posted yet for my Sony player.

It also freezes up on the theatrical cut in roughly the same spot as well.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 11:18:47 PM PDT
well am glad i got the dvd so i dont have to put up with that

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 3:28:18 PM PDT
thenoser says:
don't have this movie, but i have experienced similar issues in the past playing blu-ray discs on my ps3. make sure your ps3 has an internet connection while you are playing the movie.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 4:27:12 PM PDT
I've had issues with Green Lantern freezing up my player during multiple parts of the movie to where no button works on the remote or the player itself, including the eject button. Only the power button on the player itself will work.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 8:25:06 AM PDT
Tim Mapes says:
Got the DVD edition, and it won't play on ANY of my machines...PS3, LG, or my Alienware laptop. Well, I can watch it on my Alienware if I open the VTS folder and watch the individual segments one by one. But how annoying is that?

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 9:01:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2011 10:10:57 AM PST
I cannot run the pic in pic segments w/ audio during the playback of film, but can individually in extras sect........annoying. UPDATE: 11/29/11. I finally got the audio functioning great, but throughout the playback of the Max Mode version, it would freeze up multiple times, and I had to jog the FF for 1/2 sec, then play again to restart playback.......slightly better, but still ridiculous way to enjoy a movie!

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 2:03:13 AM PDT
My playback issues on the Blu Ray extended cut are that halfway through the movie the voices of off from the facial movements of the actors i just bought it two months ago and using a samsung BD-5100 blu ray player. My other blue rays have no issues.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Green Lantern [Blu-ray]
Green Lantern [Blu-ray] by Ryan Reynolds (Blu-ray - 2011)
3.6 out of 5 stars (1,495)