Customer Discussions > Roots forum

Anyone else having trouble with the DVD?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2007 9:46:27 PM PDT
Periodically throughout a single episode, the disc will skip backwards, looping a (usually short) stretch of footage which can't be surpassed by fast-forwarding, so one has to skip to the next chapter stop and rewind to where the looping ends.

I had this problem with the previous DVD release, too: I rented it from Blockbuster and checked it out of the library, and both copies had this flaw.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know what causes it? How to get rid of the problem?

Dave

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2007 10:12:30 PM PDT
Yes, we had exactly the same problem, and ended up sending two copies back to amazon. they both skipped backward at exactly the same spot. why isn't everyone else writing in about this? We'd still love to get a good copy if such a thing exists.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2008 6:25:31 PM PST
Gregory Duch says:
That's nothing. I just opened mine today and instead of disc one found a copy of Batman Forever in the dvd case!!! That's a first for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2011 7:56:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 30, 2011 7:57:21 PM PST
P. Culliton says:
I had to return mine. Amazon sent another, and on some players it is watchable all the way through, but on others not.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 5:08:39 AM PDT
The first DVD I received didn't have episode 2. Amazon as always was great and sent me out a new one. The second DVD I received episodes 1&2 were on the disc marked episodes 3&4. 3&4 were on the disc 1&2. Haven't watch the last disc hopefully everything is Ok. If not, Amazon always comes through. Roots (Four-Disc 30th Anniversary Edition)

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:52:12 AM PST
This is an excellent tv miniseries and a terrible dvd. It skipped and looped multiple times.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Roots forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 13, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Roots, Volume 1 [VHS]
Roots, Volume 1 [VHS] by LeVar Burton (VHS Tape - 1993)
5.0 out of 5 stars   (6)