Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 22, 2012 9:25:35 AM PDT
Tigs says:
I have one of the older Fat PS3's and take good care of it. I never dropped it, and it is always in a well ventilated TV stand. Lately for some reason, the audio from the PS3 will cut out or go so low you can barely hear. It will generally only do this for a few seconds and then come back on. I did a lot of testing to see if it was indeed the PS3 and not the TV or my soundbar. I even tried different cables. It seems to be the PS3 itself doing this.

It happens with HDMI and component. I don't really notice the problem as much when using the composite L +R audio. I think at the most the volume drops down a bit. I've also double checked the output format of the audio settings.

I experience the audio problems when watching Vudu streaming movies, playing games, listening to music on HDD, and possibly while watching a DVD. Interesting enough when using my Wireless Headset I have absolutely no problems.

Anyone else have similar problems? Either the hardware is going bad for some unknown reason, or it is a software/firmware issue.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jul 22, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions