Canon Powershot A1200 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom (Black)
Used & New from: $149.99
Anyone else having problems getting the flash to charge?
asked by Doug in KY on March 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
No problem here. Possible cause that comes to mind: using NiCad batteries instead of alkaline. Nicad batteries default voltage might be too low (1.2 volt fully charged); alkaline are 1.5 volt or higher fully charged
James L. Coleman answered on March 2, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So far I have not had a problem with the flash. However, most of the photos I have taken have been landscapes with good lighting so the flash hasn't been used all that much. Sorry I haven't anymore info and good luck.
Coloradogirl answered on March 2, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Do you mean it won't charge at all, or just seems to take too long? In my experience cameras that run on AA cells, especially alkalines (or worse, carbon zinc), take longer to recharge the flash than lithium ion because the batteries can't deliver as much current.
IF you have fresh batteries and the flash won't charge at all (assuming flash is enabled), then it sounds like a defect with the camera.
D. Perley answered on March 3, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have used NiMh and rechargeable batteries with no problem with mine, although most of my shots are in bright, existing light. There are a couple of settings that will prevent the flash from functioning. The flash will not work in Discrete Mode or the No Flash Mode. There may be other settings also. Check the manual.
V. O. Ritter answered on March 3, 2013
Comments (4) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So far no problems with the flash. But it doesn't get used much here.
Amazon Customer answered on March 3, 2013

A
No problems with flash charging on either alkaline or lithium, but the shutter lag is horrendous.
R. Mosier answered on March 3, 2013

A
Haven't noticed that problem specifically, however, the shutter lag is horrendous on either alkaline or lithium and might be related as I leave the setting at auto flash most of the time.
R. Mosier answered on March 3, 2013

A
I haven't had any problems with the flash charging or the camera to date. Everything works great.
Taz answered on March 4, 2013

A
So far, no. And I have two of these cameras. One uses Alkaline batteries, the other Lithium.
RailFan65 answered on March 4, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product