Anyone having problems watching this on a PS3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2010 9:44:27 AM PDT
Alex B. says:
I tried watching this blu-ray version on my PS3 the other night and it kept saying that the disk couldn't be read. I even have the latest firmware updated which also enables the PS3 to play 3D movies so I don't see why it can't play this movie. I tried checking for more updates after this wouldn't play and there were none. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Thanks!

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 10:46:31 PM PDT
Ghee says:
I'm having the same problem with my PS3 and the SAW IV BD. I had amazon sent me a replacement disc and still it doesn't work.

I'll try the disk on another PS3 and see what happens.

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 9:04:38 PM PST
I have the same problem

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 6:00:50 PM PST
Aron Craig says:
Also seeing that behavior here, 3 different copies.

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 6:49:52 PM PST
So now Amazon no longer sells this blu ray, but what about the one I bought and can't watch?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 11:55:25 PM PST
Scott Henry says:
My Sony BDP-S570 has a similar problem. The disc seems to load but freezes up during the first preview. Same thing on the same model Sony in another room and the PS 3.

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 2:33:50 PM PDT
A. Fritch says:
Ok so it's not just me then, 2 different copies won't play on the PS3

Posted on May 2, 2011 5:35:40 PM PDT
same thing, 2 copes tried on three different ps3's and on 3 or 4 blu ray players. sometimes it does not appears in the menu, other times it loads, and plays about 15 seconds. BTW bought it from amazon, they sent me a replacement and still nothing.

Posted on May 27, 2014 1:21:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2014 1:22:28 AM PDT
I'm having the same issue. I didn't get my copy from here, but I bought it (used) when I was out of town and now I am screwed. PS3, PS4, no bueno. I have a feeling that even if I could swap it out, it wouldn't matter. I have two other blu ray players I can try tomorrow. If they work, I'll come back and post a follow up, but I seriously doubt it.

/I only came on this board to see if anyone else was having the same problems.
//Blu ray version.

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 7:29:28 PM PDT
Has anyone figured out what can be done about this short of buying a new blu-ray player? I'm having the same problem. PS3 and PS4. I chatted with someone from PS and they couldn't help. I may try contacting Lionsgate next.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Saw IV [Blu-ray]
Saw IV [Blu-ray] by Tobin Bell (Blu-ray - 2008)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (183)