Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Anyone know if this edition of "Return..."?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 8, 2007 5:55:30 AM PDT
Dan Plankton says:
Does anyone have any info about whether this new DVD edition of The Return of the Living Dead will restore the "theatrical" version of the film, including the original music and voices? Any definite info is appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2007 6:44:52 PM PDT
Matt says:
I hope so. I hate how they replaced the soundtrack for the original release. If it is the restored soundtrack, I'll definately be picking this up. WB needs to do the same with Part 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2007 2:39:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2007 2:40:20 AM PDT
Paulo Leite says:
The problem with these films is that many times the producers did not secure the music rights for the DVD edition (because in the 80's, nobody knew DVDs were coming, right?). So it is all a contractual matter and most "cheaper" films with more restrictive contracts suffer from this (why else do you think all the music for RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 2 was changed?).

So in the end, it gets cheaper to replace the music with something else and change one or two voices.

That is what will keep happening with this film... unless some company like Criterion gets this film and decides to pay what it takes for everything we saw on the theatrical version.

That's what I believe the problem is.

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 10:49:11 AM PDT
get the uk version steelbook blu ray. however if you don't have a all region blu ray player then you can't watch it on a domestic blu ray player. that blu ray has both the newer version and the original version! songs and voices as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013 11:31:57 AM PST
It's region B locked, but there is a flaw. If you press the "pop up" menu button on your blu-ray player remote, it will go the main menu and the movie will play. This works on the PS3 (I've personally done this on my U.S. PS3) and I've heard of it working on other region A blu-ray players as well. The only thing is you can't play some of the special features since some of them are PAL. However, the long documentary (which is the best special feature) is playable!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Return of the Living Dead [VHS]
Return of the Living Dead [VHS] by Clu Gulager (VHS Tape - 1989)
4.5 out of 5 stars (544)