4.0 out of 5 stars I feel betrayed

3.0 out of 5 stars Irritated and feeling cheated
Published on September 25, 2012 by Be3

3.0 out of 5 stars Irritated and feeling cheated, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Anything He Wants: The Betrayal (#5) (Kindle Edition)
I love the book series but am left unsatisfied and irrated this is suppose to be the last book but it's left with an open ending and no resolution.. And we don't get that extra story the physical book gets which means readers are going to have to get the hard copy if they want to find out anything which makes me feel really cheated considering we been following the series before the publishers got into the situation.

It seems that sara fawkes doesnt take critizism very well considering my comment seem to have diappeared from her blog so i'm stating what i said again ...I'm sorry I have say that I'm disappointed I love the series but agreeing with most of the new reviews in regards to the book.. And in the description it says it's the last and final installment but you're telling us there's more.. Which leaves us more confused and considering we've be following the series from when it was self published... And since we would have to purchase the hard copy to get this "extra" material when we already spent money on the the short stories.. Being a student and having shovel another ten bucks just for the "bonus" .. Feeling cheated in so many ways. And that being said and this comment being deleted the first time .. I have add on and say I guess this is what happens when it ends up being all about the money instead of the book and it's readers anymore because from this point of view, it was all about the money.. Making loyal readers who are engrossed in the story have to buy the book just to find out what we missed.. When they could of included this bonus in the "last" installment for say a couple bucks more instead of having purchase everything in the hard copy all over again for more money..

Since .. The author has responded with : "I don't remember saying part 5 is the last in the series, but if I did then I apologize for not being more clear. What I meant was that part 5 wraps up this PLOT, not the story itself. The first five parts were what St. Martin's Press are bringing out as "book 1″ which consists of all parts so far released.

As for the extra story at the end of the novel, St. Martins wanted something exclusive to the novelization so I obliged. I don't mean to snub long-time fans, especially since I heart you guys real big, but you're right in saying it IS a marketing thing and one I'm okay with. I'm sorry that you feel this way, but the book should be available in stores and at just under 3k words, it's short enough to read in the grocery line if you're so inclined. "

With that being said, it's nice to get some clarification with the series but she also admitted to the marketing plot which proves it was about the money to me and not about the readers so I'm done ...

4.0 out of 5 stars I feel betrayed, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Anything He Wants: The Betrayal (#5) (Kindle Edition)
As much as I loved this installment I am feeling betrayed by Sara Fawkes. This was suppose to "end" this series. Now we are left again waiting for the next "book". I'm thinking that Lucy and Jerimah's relationship will never be resolved. I get you want to continue the story you have a character to work with but why are we not allowed an "ending" to their story. Frankly as someone who has been a loyal Sara Fawkes reader and has praised her writing, I'm feeling very unsatisfied.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Anything He Wants: The Betrayal (#5) (Kindle Edition)
I too have been following this series and was able to catch the .99 sale on the last book... which was a fair price for a chapter.... I guess. However after waiting for so long for this installment, and have already paid the same amount of money (for the first 4 chapters) for a full novel, only to have read 149 pages total... I am over it! There are plenty of other great books and authors to choose from here who appreciate their fans and don't take advantage of their wallets.
I'm sorry I have spent the money I have on this book and author and can live without finishing this book. I won't be taken advantage of again.
Thank you for your previous reviews, letting me know that this again is just another ploy for more money from this author, and I will not be purchasing #5. Instead I just spent my $2.99 on the final Brie series, which I found to be money much better spent!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Done, September 26, 2012
This review is from: Anything He Wants: The Betrayal (#5) (Kindle Edition)
Although I've enjoyed the story, I'm frustrated with the way the story has been published and for paying approximately $15 for what has been minimal content. Sad that I won't know the conclusion but deleting the ones purchased. I am done with the story and with any future purchases from this author.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really? Is this the last book?, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Anything He Wants: The Betrayal (#5) (Kindle Edition)
I'm with the other reviewers! I feel cheated at the lack of resolution. I read the whole series and at the end, I'm still left with more questions than answers! I'm quite annoyed, especially since I read the conculsion to the Brie series yesterday and was incredibly satisfied by the resolution of that series.

1.0 out of 5 stars SPOILER ALERT!! THIS BOOK IS NOT THE FINAL INSTALLMENT!! DO NOT BUY IT!, September 26, 2012
This review is from: Anything He Wants: The Betrayal (#5) (Kindle Edition)
For all of us who have bought the 5 books of this series: THE FIFTH BOOK IS A RIP OFF! It doesn't have an ending and YOU HAVE TO BUY THE HARD COPY TO READ THE END OF THE SERIES.
RIP OFF
Won't buy anything from this author again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously?, September 28, 2012
This review is from: Anything He Wants: The Betrayal (#5) (Kindle Edition)
I read the previous installments and while no great literary works, I found the story to be fast moving and engaging, and the sex was pretty hot. The appeal of Book 5 was that it would bring together all of the loose ends of this story together -- and there have been a ton. I found this book entirely disappointing and agree with the bulk of reviews where they felt it was a huge let down. The book felt rushed, there were a ton of action sequences but they didn't really advance the story, and ultimately characters felt forced and one dimensional, but yet none of the real questions were ever answered. Even the sex was more of the same -- boring and rushed.

By the end of the book, I didn't really care about any of them anymore and was pretty annoyed that it's a giant lead in to another series. So I got none of the closure I expected from a final book. The books are short and expensive, so all in all, I'm all set with this series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT Click the Buy Button - Not Worth Your Money!!, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Anything He Wants: The Betrayal (#5) (Kindle Edition)
I hastily purchased this book on my kindle and only after a few pages in did I realize the first installment was only ~25 pages. I personally think the description on my kindle is very misleading, but I'll take the fault for not paying closer attention. I also failed to realize that this book was part of a 5 "book" series. I use quotation marks, as I don't believe you can even label a few pages as a book, more like a very long creative writing essay or super short story. Anywho, I didn't think it was that bad, as I thought the additional series would only be $0.99 each like the first installment. Oh no, they are $2.99 EACH, so in total I have spent nearly $13 for an okay book, and only to feel DUPED at the end. Oh yes, Sara Fawkes leaves you with a cliff hanger and doesn't even provide a conclusion to the love story between Lucy and Jeremy. Are you kidding? You've got some freaking nerve Sara. All I can say is you are one greedy person; especially when all 5 series will be offered in a bundled package for only $9.99 in November 2012! Plus, after reading other reviews, it sounds like there is some "bonus" material that extends whatever was included in The Betrayal. I'm so over this author and her shadiness. I personally thought your writing was so much better than EL James, but at least when I purchased each installment of 50 Shades, I received a real length novel, not some lame short story masking itself as a novel. Learn how to write a decent book, one that is longer than 100 pages, especially if you want to charge $10-$13!

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisified, September 27, 2012
Jacob's Mom "Amber" (Plantation, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anything He Wants: The Betrayal (#5) (Kindle Edition)
I have to agree with most of the reviews on here. I felt this installment was rushed. There are a lot of missing words and mis spellings. Installment 5 was my least favorite. I do feel cheated! If it's true that the ending in the hard copy book will be different, that is horrible for all of us that have been loyal and bought all five installments of AHW! I did not like the ending and I thought part 5 was boring compared to the other installments! I am NOT buying the hard copy book!

2.0 out of 5 stars SO VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Anything He Wants: The Betrayal (#5) (Kindle Edition)
I really love the entire series but was so disappointed by the ending of this book considering its the last.